• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Pandaman said:
there are alot of tools to deal with a roacher, so its not that bad. :\ you just see alot of them because they're obvious and easy to use.

i'm actually starting to find that banelings and FE's can be much more potent.

What are FE's?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
demimatt said:
Also, when do you guys go com stat station?
I go supply, barracks, supply, refinery, refinery, orbital. the mule then covers for the workers i lose to the second refinery.

@anderson: fast expands.

@zealous: im alt tabbing atm, so i wouldnt mind. i saw ter lurking too.

aznpxdd

I love what they've done to ghosts in SC2. They went from a niche unit to a unit that turns the tide of battles...

<3 EMP and Snipe

aznpxdd

Man, I think I micro'd and macro'd horrible that game. I need to separate ghosts into a separate group. When I select them all as one huge group, I only see ghosts' abilities.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
aznpxdd said:
Man, I think I micro'd and macro'd horrible that game. I need to separate ghosts into a separate group. When I select them all as one huge group, I only see ghosts' abilities.
could be worse, you could be me trying to switch between guardian shield and psy storm only to end up mashing R.

mint

Banned
Pandaman said:
then click the multiplayer button on the side of your replay screen. :p

a pack of my own:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=327A0NCL

contains:
Panda/Mint Vs. Borg/Vautrin - we're tied 1-1 now.
Panda Vs. Soap - super bluff wins the game.
Panda Vs. Mila - Mila always beats me. :(
Soap Vs. Haly - best. game. ever. a shame spectator commentary isn't saved.
Panda/Mila Vs. Mint/Moofaa - *highfives mila*

@blizz: I'm Panda.Craft
[puts on rage goggles]
Moofaa had nothing but sentrys..barely any zealots..didn't even use the barrier..heck, didn't even use force field.
[takes away rage goggles]

mint

Banned
aznpxdd said:
Yeah, if you put ghosts in the same group, you have to tab to use the stims.

Ashhong

woooooooo ive been sharing a friends account with his other friends to play the beta and i noticed he had a key to give out today. i kindly asked him and he said ok since i asked first :D yesyesyesyesyes

Ice Monkey 252
Zzoram 243
TurtleSnatcher 209
Hazaro 178
Pandaman 172
TheExodu5 159
aznpxdd 150
The Lamonster 133
mint 126
ZealousD 126
Fragamemnon 116
Milabrega 116
autobzooty 109
Door2Dawn 100
Scrow 97
Trasher 82
nilbog21 73
Minsc 72
claviertekky 46
FromTheFuture 45
Wedge7 44
InsertCredit 44
zoukka 42
infinityBCRT 41

Does everyone on this list have a key?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
TurtleSnatcher said:
Ice Monkey 252
Zzoram 243
TurtleSnatcher 209
Hazaro 178
Pandaman 172
TheExodu5 159
aznpxdd 150
The Lamonster 133
mint 126
ZealousD 126
Fragamemnon 116
Milabrega 116
autobzooty 109
Door2Dawn 100
Scrow 97
Trasher 82
nilbog21 73
Minsc 72
claviertekky 46
FromTheFuture 45
Wedge7 44
InsertCredit 44
zoukka 42
infinityBCRT 41

yeah, i got one.

PatzCU

I'm borrowing a friends laptop until my new PC parts come from newegg. If I install SCII beta to this laptop, will I still be able to download it to my new computer next week?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
PatzCU said:
I'm borrowing a friends laptop until my new PC parts come from newegg. If I install SCII beta to this laptop, will I still be able to download it to my new computer next week?
you can download and install the client on as many computers as you want i believe. it is the account that the control is on.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Ice Monkey 252
Zzoram 243
TurtleSnatcher 209
Hazaro 178
Pandaman 172
TheExodu5 159
aznpxdd 150
The Lamonster 133
mint 126
ZealousD 126
Fragamemnon 116
Milabrega 116
autobzooty 109
Door2Dawn 100
Scrow 97
Trasher 82
nilbog21 73
Minsc 72
claviertekky 46
FromTheFuture 45
Wedge7 44
InsertCredit 44
zoukka 42
infinityBCRT 41

I'm in the beta and I already gave away the extra key they gave me to a friend.

mint said:
[puts on rage goggles]
Moofaa had nothing but sentrys..barely any zealots..didn't even use the barrier..heck, didn't even use force field.
[takes away rage goggles]

Yeah sorry, I don't know wtf I was doing that game. I watched the replay too and was mentally screaming at myself the whole time.

Also I'm not sure if its the built-in 250ms lag or what but sometimes I spam the hotkeys for unit abilities and nothing happens (that particular game was my fault). Any known bugs on this?

mint

Banned
Vaulition I didn't know you were ranked plat 12th in 1v1! No wonder you didn't give up so easily :lol I had to give you that game for sure, you deserved it. :)

Ok who's up for 2v2 neogaf tourney 3/21 Sunday? We could do 6pm central?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I didn't think I'd gravitate towards 2v2... but this is really fun.
A ton more fun. :D

ggs for placement with Alum tonight. Rockin hard.
Loss was to a DT/Void Ray rush combo to some Gold players.

Last game of placement was just awesome, I got wrecked hard at the beginning and they pressed Alum, but I just pumped units off 2 gas and 5 SCV + mules (3 marines + tank) and we held on to come back. So sweet. So so sweet. They had like double our scores :lol

I think it was because we held our armies together, my well positioned tanks tore up the Terrans MMM (and my stimmed rines sniped the medivacs while acting as meat buffer for my tanks (running 25 MM into 6 marines blocking my tanks = a lot of dead enemy units)

Held off the Protoss, he teched to Void Rays and tried to snipe my CC, with marines (vs 4 void rays), then later tried again. Lotta gas and minerals down the drain for killing nothing :D
http://www.mediafire.com/?yqn2wmgn2mn
kujgn.jpg

9-1!

xds1eq.jpg

Wait, that stat score isn't right. Mine is completely different. Mine shows:

BukuDollars - 82,525
Alumnus - 75,845
Haz - 73,875
Vicious - 47,600

Which makes a TON more sense than the screen you posted. SC2 is quite buggy.

Also, other discrepancies, such as the match was actually 29 minutes, not 21.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
FromTheFuture said:
Wait, that stat score isn't right. Mine is completely different. Mine shows:

BukuDollars - 82,525
Alumnus - 75,845
Haz - 73,875
Vicious - 47,600

Which makes a TON more sense than the screen you posted. SC2 is quite buggy.

Also, other discrepancies, such as the match was actually 29 minutes, not 21.
That seems more correct. Still awesome game. I'll UL the replay.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yqn2wmgn2mn
Kenak said:
What can a Protoss do to counter EMP? Every match I've seen it used, it completely decimates a protoss army.
Feedback.

Zzoram

DTs are so hard to fight as Terran. They can have them out by the time you're ready to push with an MM ball, but before I have a Raven.

Also, Ravens are so amazing against Zerg.

I lost a bunch of matches in Silver and got demoted to Bronze, it made me sad. I'm winning a lot more in Bronze now, so maybe I'll make my way back up.

Sloegr

Zzoram said:
DTs are so hard to fight as Terran. They can have them out by the time you're ready to push with an MM ball, but before I have a Raven.

Also, Ravens are so amazing against Zerg.

I lost a bunch of matches in Silver and got demoted to Bronze, it made me sad. I'm winning a lot more in Bronze now, so maybe I'll make my way back up.

What was your winning percentage around when you were demoted? Do you know if there's a buffer period after a promotion/demotion to keep people from yoyoing between leagues too rapidly?

Zzoram

ElJuice said:
What was your winning percentage around when you were demoted? Do you know if there's a buffer period after a promotion/demotion to keep people from yoyoing between leagues too rapidly?

I think I was around 14/18 when I got demoted. I'm 21/19 now.

mint

Banned
Zzoram said:
I think I was around 14/18 when I got demoted. I'm 21/19 now.
You'll jump back to Silver soon. 1v1 is really the best. I'm 12th gold right now. Hopefully when the ladder resets I can jump to plat immediately after placement is over.

Trasher

Protoss players: I require your aid. I want to know what some popular build orders are, but I can't find any. Looked around teamliquid.net but couldn't find any posted.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
just played my first placement match (i only won 1 of my practice matches).

i was zerg, he was protoss. i actually did better than i was expecting, but still got beaten pretty easily.

zerg and protoss are so much easier to play compared to terran imo.

Wedge7

Fuck man, sometimes you just go through those god awful streaks, losing like 5 times in a row. So frustrating, start to play bad, start forgetting simple timings, start fucking up with remembering to build shit or upgrade stuff. I started getting food cock blocked like 4 times in a row, go for a push and realize I forgot to upgrade stim...fuck.

Constant harrass always flusters me, and I get off my game big time. Alot of people do, but gotta learn to think through the pressure, which I suppose is easier said than done. Just start frantically spamming the que on my measly 4 barracks, start forgetting random idle scvs, and my whole game plan goes to shit.

Fuck. You gotta love this game.

Hazaro said:
I didn't think I'd gravitate towards 2v2... but this is really fun.
A ton more fun. :D

Grats!

Now lets see how far you can climb up Platinum 2v2 ;)

I can tell you.. the tactics people use at the higher lvl play are really lame..

DeltronZero and I went from rank 9th to rank 16 cuz we didn't play 24/7 all night and people passed us.. But we just climbed our way back up to 9th tonight.

We are totally hot shit.

That is all.

aznpxdd said:
Fuck proxies. That is all.

GET OUT OF MY MIND

mint

Banned
aznpxdd said:
How are you guys doing in Plat? Proxies is so fucking lame and pretty much all our losses came from that. Are you facing tons of Proxies?
We haven't played since yesterday evening since I'm working right now, but yes proxies is very lame. But Terran also has a very strong cheese rush against Toss as well lol

aznpxdd

mint said:
We haven't played since yesterday evening since I'm working right now, but yes proxies is very lame. But Terran also has a very strong cheese rush against Toss as well lol

What do you mean by that?

mint said:

Wait till you play more plat games.. you are only thinking Toss.. lol

mint

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Wait till you play more plat games.. you are only thinking Toss.. lol
I don't know, zerg is not much of a problem for me. Toss is one thing that annoys me to no end lol. Whether its proxy 2 gateway or stalker + colossi. With proxy 2 gateway a bunker is essential and must repair with 3-4 scvs. If you can fend it off, its pretty much gg for him cuz your economy is so much better than his..as long as you are continuing to pump out scvs.

Man I want to get out of work right now -_-

LaneDS

I know I've played too much SC2 tonight because while browsing another thread just now I tried to scroll the page down by pushing my mouse to the bottom of the screen :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I play against zzoram to try to show him a TvT build, have a good sized 20 food advantage the whole game (70-50 100-80), harass, delay expo mining, kill the expo, then lose to 4 thors walking up my ramp with hellion supply killing my marines :lol

I want to say not having my tanks on my ledge along with not mining gas on my expo forever (or using it even) caused the loss but I'm not sure.

I still prefer marines as my mineral sink since marines are great at holding off a lot of stuff. Who the hell goes hellion anyway :lol

I probably could of transitioned into cloaked banshees since he would of only had 2 scans max and wouldn't be able to cover his whole base.

aznpxdd

mint said:
I don't know, zerg is not much of a problem for me. Toss is one thing that annoys me to no end lol. Whether its proxy 2 gateway or stalker + colossi. With proxy 2 gateway a bunker is essential and must repair with 3-4 scvs. If you can fend it off, its pretty much gg for him cuz your economy is so much better than his..as long as you are continuing to pump out scvs.

EMP has been key for me and Pez defeating end game toss.

Kenak said:
God damn, am I the only one left without a key? >.< Fuck you Blizzard, start another invite wave !!
Will you play alot?

mint said:

What do you do when its Toss + Terran and they BOTH proxy?
Yea.. we saw that a few times tonight.. :lol

We even saw a double Terran proxy..

Hell I can tell you 50% of our games at least contained proxys..

We countered one hella well though. :) It was agst a team that did it to us the game before and won.. then we played them again right after.. and man did we fucking pwn that shit down :)

Kenak said:
God damn, am I the only one left without a key? >.< Fuck you Blizzard, start another invite wave !!

wrong , im right here too !

3 bnet accounts , sc/wc3/diablo 2 registered and a 4 year wow player( I WANNA QUIT). Seriously you'd think after all of my support they at least acknowledge me :(....

stormer

SuperAndroid17 said:
wrong , im right here too !

3 bnet accounts , sc/wc3/diablo 2 registered and a 4 year wow player( I WANNA QUIT). Seriously you'd think after all of my support they at least acknowledge me :(....

I'm right here with you as well :) solidarity brothers we'll get our turn eventually.. although the wait is fuckin brutal.. SC is the only game I ever got addicted to. I'm buying a new monitor on release day so I can view everything in its full glory lol

I remembered when gaf had a small moment when SC2 was announced and we played classic maybe we should just start that up again for ppl without keys lol

Top Bottom