• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

stormer

TurtleSnatcher said:
Sorry I didn't give you a key.. But because I didn't give you one doesn't mean you can call me 'smug'

Why don't you read the actual PM !

I asked because earlier you said you had 4 KEYS! THEN you said you gave 3, and had 1 left. I PM you because I was curious about what the advantage of saving the last key was.. maybe it was a way to get more keys ? I dunno.. this had nothing to do with me getting a key you smug ass. You were gloating you had 4, so I assumed it was some tactic to get better odds..

GregLombardi said:
I bet you they will eventually come up with map hacks where you can't tell in the replay.

:0(

What?

The thing everyone is noting in replays is irregular movements etc.

I bet they will create some sort of service/reporting service where you can upload a replay. If they receive a few agst the same user then they will go ahead go forth with a ban or temp ban/warning or maybe log his account and watch all his future replays etc.

Would be cool :)

stormer said:

I asked because earlier you said you had 4 KEYS! THEN you said you gave 3, and had 1 left. I PM you because I was curious about what the advantage of saving the last key was.. maybe it was a way to get more keys ? I dunno.. this had nothing to do with me getting a key you smug ass.

Well seeing how I posted in chronological order the messages that resulted from PM's of wanting a key to suddenly calling me out in a thread which I had never talked to you makes me think otherwise.

I guess I should be happy I didn't give you my last key.. which I still have.

I don't see why anyone says an obvious cheater should get any slack. What exactly are you waiting on him to say when he comes to explain himself? This isn't a court of law, nobody's going to put him in prison. People are just calling him out for being a cheating asshole. That shit ruins games. Of all forms of friendly competition, video games are by far the most infested with cheaters, unsportsmanlike conduct, and assholes. I have no tolerance or sympathy for people who make those problems worse.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
stormer said:

I asked because earlier you said you had 4 KEYS! THEN you said you gave 3, and had 1 left. I PM you because I was curious about what the advantage of saving the last key was.. maybe it was a way to get more keys ? I dunno.. this had nothing to do with me getting a key you smug ass.
33kd7jt.jpg

Chris Remo said:
I don't see why anyone says an obvious cheater should get any slack. What exactly are you waiting on him to say when he comes to explain himself? This isn't a court of law, nobody's going to put him in prison. People are just calling him out for being a cheating asshole. That shit ruins games. Of all forms of friendly competition, video games are by far the most infested with cheaters, unsportsmanlike conduct, and assholes. I have no tolerance or sympathy for people who make those problems worse.

Remo - You never responded to my PM the other night when you were in a game.

I cried.. many hours that night.. MANY HOURS.. CRIED..... CRIED.

Trasher

GregLombardi said:
I bet you they will eventually come up with map hacks where you can't tell in the replay.

:0(
In replays you get to see the player's screen wherever they move it though so I dunno. I'm not sure what exactly you see when you maphack (black sheep wall?), but I am gonna guess that people could get away with it by just looking at the minimap that would be revealed. Still though, if you watch the replay and notice the person is Stimpacking as they are running towards some fog of war and reveal an enemy right after...that's when it gets pretty suspicious.

traveler

Not Wario
Oh god, this is not the kind of thread I expected to wake up to. Wtf happened? :(

And I'm not even sure we're going to get a response- has this thread ever gone this long without mint posting?

TurtleSnatcher said:
What?

The thing everyone is noting in replays is irregular movements etc.

I bet they will create some sort of service/reporting service where you can upload a replay. If they receive a few agst the same user then they will go ahead go forth with a ban or temp ban/warning or maybe log his account and watch all his future replays etc.

Would be cool :)
Yeah you make a good point. I guess I was just thinking about if perhaps the hack would auto-scan certain areas in the replay if you were Terran, but I guess that's a little hard to code for and would only work with 1 race. So yeah, probably not going to be able to avoid being able to see the hack in the replay, which is awesome! I wonder if Blizzard will actually do anything about it though.

stormer

TurtleSnatcher said:
Well seeing how I posted in chronological order the messages that resulted from PM's of wanting a key to suddenly calling me out in a thread which I had never talked to you makes me think otherwise.

I guess I should be happy I didn't give you my last key.. which I still have.

What? I called you out because the way you responded to my PM's was SMUG and asslike. You assumed I messaged you cuz you were some kind of gatekeeper and couldn't respond to simple questions..

mint vs vautrin, blistering sands. Obvious maphacking, multiple viewing of vautrin's base throughout the match.

I couldnt find sure signs of it at least so far in the twilight fortress match with mint panda zealous and bagina though

Cheeto said:
Wow, I wonder if he hacks HoN too
Is hacking HoN even possible? I hope not, I didn't find any hacks for it when I searched (just out of curiosity). I thought the only "pseudo hack" you could do was rigging games by retooling the PSR among 5 members to get them all to balance to the same team.

stormer said:
What? I called you out because the way you responded to my PM's was SMUG and asslike. You assumed I messaged you cuz you were some kind of gatekeeper and couldn't respond to simple questions..

Wanna see my PM box with requests? lol.. I don't respond cuz their are a ton. Thats why in the thread Ive been posting people with most post history and asking who was on the top of the list so I could give them a key. Only seems fair that they follow the thread and post a lot that they should get a key.

Milabrega

Ice Monkey said:
NOOOOO mila i wanted to be the one who said that.

I'm surprised it took this long for us to find him out. That's really sad ;(

I'm surprised you weren't the first to uncover it, being Gaf's professional spectator and all :lol

Cheeto said:
Wow, I wonder if he hacks HoN too

why don't you tell us, CHEAT-O!?! lol j/k

by the way as someone kinda mentioned, I'm sure you can easily avoid the maphack being detected in a replay by just never looking at the fog of war and going off your minimap info instead.

I'd ask why mint didn't just do that while he maphacks, but then again my question is answered in that he chose to maphack amongst friends: not that smart?

Yaweee

TurtleSnatcher said:
Wanna see my PM box with requests? lol.. I don't respond cuz their are a ton. Thats why in the thread Ive been posting people with most post history and asking who was on the top of the list so I could give them a key. Only seems fair that they follow the thread and post a lot that they should get a key.

But that just encourages meaningless posts to inflate my post count. Like this.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Remo - You never responded to my PM the other night when you were in a game.

I cried.. many hours that night.. MANY HOURS.. CRIED..... CRIED.
If I was in a game, I may not have noticed it. If it was requesting a game, though, as it turns out at this point I pretty much only play with my ongoing 2v2 teammate.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yaweee said:
agreed, yawee should get the key. then neo. then i dont care.

Milabrega said:
I'm surprised you weren't the first to uncover it, being Gaf's professional spectator and all :lol
nobody uses the player cam feature i guess. :lol

Milabrega said:

i failed my duties as ref!

no but seriously its rather telling in the fact that I didn't think I should check for maphacks amongst friends. You can watch where someone moves their camera during spectating! But also it's almost discouraged to check because if you want to follow someone's camera you don't get to see the whole playing field.

aznpxdd

Ice Monkey said:
why don't you tell us, CHEAT-O!?! lol j/k

by the way as someone kinda mentioned, I'm sure you can easily avoid the maphack being detected in a replay by just never looking at the fog of war and going off your minimap info instead.

I'd ask why mint didn't just do that while he maphacks, but then again my question is answered in that he chose to maphack amongst friends: not that smart?

Maphack isn't that useful if you can't see what units they are teching to.

Minsc

Gold Member
If Blizzard is still doing those Q&As that they've done like 50+ of, perhaps someone can ask about maphacks or it has been already addressed in a response?

aznpxdd said:
Maphack isn't that useful if you can't see what units they are teching to.

I don't know, being able to know the exact location of my opponents forces and spot weaknesses without scouting would seemingly give a tremendous advantage. Particularly in going after expansion bases.

I'd love to see Blizzard start issuing bans in huge waves, forcing people to re-buy the game to access it.

stormer

TurtleSnatcher said:

ok no problem I can understand where you are coming from as well.. good idea with the post count. My apologies.. I don't want to ruin a gaf sc relationship either way.. especially since i'll be relying on gaf for most of my buddy list in the future...

Yaweee said:

you'll have to have a lot of meaningless posts to pass by my current standing of most amount of meaningful yet stupid and misinformed posts :lol

stormer said:
ok no problem I can understand where you are coming from as well.. good idea with the post count. My apologies.. I don't want to ruin a gaf sc relationship either way.. especially since i'll be relying on gaf for most of my buddy list in the future...

first rule of relationships: name calling is a bad idea :D

Disclaimer: this advertisement is paid for by the Ice Monkey's GF's Number One Rule Club of America (IMGFNORCA)

This Disclaimer brought to you by the Ice Monkey's GF Won Him the SC2 Beta Organization (IMGFWHSBO)

Disclaimer's Irony sponsored in part by the Ice Monkey Still Leads in Post Count But Never Needed a Key Why Oh Why Even When He Wins Something He Still Doesn't Win Association (IM SLiP CBN NaK WOWEW HWSHS DWA)

Trasher

Minsc said:
I don't know, being able to know the exact location of my opponents forces and spot weaknesses without scouting would seemingly give a tremendous advantage. Particularly in going after expansion bases.
This. Even that would be a huge advantage. To know where/when expansions are going up and when/where your enemy's army is moving.

Oh and azn, are you telling me that you can't tell the difference between units on the minimap? The pixels man the pixels! Maybe you should check your eyesight. I can tell the difference between Marines and Marauders! lol jk

Ice Monkey said:

Disclaimer: this advertisement is paid for by the Ice Monkey's GF's Number One Rule Club of America (IMGFNORCA)

This Disclaimer brought to you by the Ice Monkey's GF Won Him the SC2 Beta Organization (IMGFWHSBO)

Disclaimer's Irony sponsored in part by the Ice Monkey Still Leads in Post Count But Never Needed a Key Why Oh Why Even When He Wins Something He Still Doesn't Win Association (IM SLiP CBN NaK WOWEW HWSHS DWA)
This looks like part of a beta key!

Edit: Oh snap you edited in a third part of it!

Cheeto

GregLombardi said:
Is hacking HoN even possible? I hope not, I didn't find any hacks for it when I searched (just out of curiosity). I thought the only "pseudo hack" you could do was rigging games by retooling the PSR among 5 members to get them all to balance to the same team.
Well, I don't know much about how the hacks work, but if I were to build one I'd say it's possible. I'd have to assume that most games like this would have to keep unit locations in memory so that the logic knows whether or not it needs to draw them... so I'm sure the same theory used to employ the maphack in starcraft would work in HoN too.

DemiMatt

sheesh, too much going on in this thread.

But GGs to all who played this weekend. I must agree with mila that these 2v2 gaf games with OBS is kinda getting out of hand inviting like 13 obs.

Also Panda agreed last night to start a 1v1 and a 2v2 tournament thread.

Whos in for tonight? I get off worka t 6pm pst

wait...whos hacking what now?

Won

Cheeto said:
Well, I don't know much about how the hacks work, but if I were to build one I'd say it's possible. I'd have to assume that most games like this would have to keep unit locations in memory so that the logic knows whether or not it needs to draw them... so I'm sure the same theory used to employ the maphack in starcraft would work in HoN too.

Maphacks normally exploit the fact that RTS are p2p. HoN isn't p2p. (though there was a maphack at one point I think)

Hope we see something from Mint. I was always curious about him. He regulary switched accounts in HoN. One of them had a ridicolous high DC rate always telling us to create a game without the "no leaver" filter. And he falls apart as a player pretty fast, if things don't go perfectly his way to the point, where he even ragequitted friendly GAF games. Just.....weird.

Yaweee

Ice Monkey said:

A high post count isn't necessarily something to be proud of. See: LOST threads.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ice Monkey said:
mint vs vautrin, blistering sands. Obvious maphacking, multiple viewing of vautrin's base throughout the match.

I couldnt find sure signs of it at least so far in the twilight fortress match with mint panda zealous and bagina though

Yeah it seems like if he started maphacking it only started yesterday. I watched a couple replays from Saturday night and didn't see anything. Definitely wasn't on that twilight fortress map because otherwise he would have seen that muta harass coming.

Does anyone have links to any good guides regarding basic Protoss build orders. I am trying my damnedest but I just can't seem to suss out what I should be doing at the beginning of a match. Let it be known that I played almost no original SC multiplayer, just the campaign so I am at a loss concerning what I should be doing when a match starts.

Sh1ner

aznpxdd said:
WTF is HoN?

A friend is trying to get me into this. So far he has got me signed up, download it. I have been stalling before he makes me install it. I watched a single youtube video and from his description I am not interested.

The game may turn out like one of those films where I avoid like the plague from preconceptions and then I finally watch it because of a friend and I'm like WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME IT WAS AWESOME!

DemiMatt

ZealousD said:
Yeah it seems like if he started maphacking it only started yesterday. I watched a couple replays from Saturday night and didn't see anything. Definitely wasn't on that twilight fortress map because otherwise he would have seen that muta harass coming.

Bagina muta harass? O RLY?! JK

Man he needs to get his gaf account activated. I sighhhhh.

I think the reason mint is MIA is because of the 2v2 with terp last night after Panda suggested it :p

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
TurtleSnatcher said:

Heh, this is why I'll never get a key from GAF. I simply can't babysit a thread while at work during the day, I have.....work....to do. But eh, reading about the beta testing is entertaining in itself. I can't wait until Mint gets the courage up to post in here again, that should be fun!

Trasher

darkressurection said:
Does anyone have links to any good guides regarding basic Protoss build orders. I am trying my damnedest but I just can't seem to suss out what I should be doing at the beginning of a match. Let it be known that I played almost no original SC multiplayer, just the campaign so I am at a loss concerning what I should be doing when a match starts.
This one will get you started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah69S-TsQa8

Milabrega

ZealousD said:

No, I went as far back as the 15th and he was clearly map hacking back then too. I couldn't be bothered to go back even further.

Funniest part of this whole situation, he was using map hack in games against his brother.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Milabrega said:
No, I went as far back as the 15th and he was clearly map hacking back then too. I couldn't be bothered to go back even further.

Funniest part of this whole situation, he was using map hack in games against his brother.
that threw me for a loop. i guess his brother doesn't know, otherwise why would you proxy a maphacker. :lol

Milabrega

Pandaman said:
that threw me for a loop. i guess his brother doesn't know, otherwise why would you proxy a maphacker. :lol

I was laughing at the text in some of our games, since we're always random:

"don't scout, it'll reveal race"

Then two seconds later he's clicking to our bases seeing right through the fog of war :lol

Minsc said:

There's a great example of him doing just this on two separate Shakuras Plateau maps. It also gives a tremendous economic advantage, not having to send out an early worker to scout, nor having to use comsat's energy for scan instead of M.U.L.E. leads to a big gain in resources.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Milabrega said:

Then two seconds later he's clicking to our bases seeing right through the fog of war :lol
:lol

there's alot of untapped potential in this situation, to the replay folder!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Milabrega said:

Hah, that's hilarious. Someone should put together a "Mint replay pack". :D

Top Bottom