• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Ultimatum

Banned
mint said:
ok, after talking with my bro a bit (sorry for the delay in response), heres my talk.

to begin with, i have been using mint (gaf id) for a long time, many years. do some research on my posts, if possible. i mainly posted my artwork, some random threads, etc. i play as hana.kyon on sc2.

my brother (he would use my gaf id to lurk in forums/post) plays under mint (and other names) in hon. (i dont play hon) i let him use mint for sc2 since he used it in hon. yes, i tell him to not use maphack. im surprised no gaf member overheard my party chat about me repeatly telling him not to cheat while having voice talk on, since its set at voice activated. i apologize for this event. hes obviously not playing sc2 with gaf for sure.

so yes, this incident puts a big dent on my (real) gaf id due to him messin around. but thats all i can say. i just hope we can move on.
I believe you. Although I think your brother should get banned.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
mint said:
ok, after talking with my bro a bit (sorry for the delay in response), heres my talk.

to begin with, i have been using mint (gaf id) for a long time, many years. do some research on my posts, if possible. i mainly posted my artwork, some random threads, etc. i play as hana.kyon on sc2.

my brother (he would use my gaf id to lurk in forums/post) plays under mint (and other names) in hon. (i dont play hon) i let him use mint for sc2 since he used it in hon. yes, i tell him to not use maphack. im surprised no gaf member overheard my party chat about me repeatly telling him not to cheat while having voice talk on, since its set at voice activated. i apologize for this event. hes obviously not playing sc2 with gaf for sure.

so yes, this incident puts a big dent on my (real) gaf id due to him messin around. but thats all i can say. i just hope we can move on.
Wait.

Wait wait wait.

I've been playing with your brother the entire time in HoN?

Wtf is this. This is worse than finding out you (or your brother rather) was using maphacks.

I FEEL SO USED.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
TurtleSnatcher said:
So who is who..

Who was I playing with.. you or your brother?
i think he's saying that he shares his gaf account with his brother. in essence, gaf mint is mint and hana.

presumably this one is hana.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Pandaman said:
i think he's saying that he shares his gaf account with his brother. in essence, gaf mint is mint and hana.

presumably this one is hana.
Seems kind of contrived.

*brandishes pitchfork and torch*

mint

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
So who is who..

Who was I playing with.. you or your brother?

if you've been playing with mint.mint, then youve been playing with my brother.
i'm hana.kyon in sc2.

So your brother plays HoN as mint but you don't, and your brother is the one who hacks using mint.mint in SC2?
correct. i only watch him play a good ss/panda/to whatever he plays and listen to him yell/rage in hon..its pretty fun actually.

I believe you. Although I think your brother should get banned.
meh. ban mint (gaf id)? up to the moderators...but i hope not.

Not to be an asshole, but I smell damage control!

Here's a translation:
mint said:
ok, after thinking up a decent cover story (sorry, this part takes time), i've finally typed it up.

[lies and deceit]

let's just forget about everything. clean slate.

Zzoram

Wait, you AND your brother have SC2 beta keys? And you never told us that mint wasn't you all this time? Did you ever even list your real SC2 name on this forum?

mint

Banned
The Lamonster said:
Just more reason that sharing accounts is dumb.

it is, i had to learn it the hard way..ug
tbh, i dont post too often on gaf. just for gaming news/random news like any other news feed. but this stuff happens..and it sure sucks.

mint said:
i'm hana.kyon in sc2.

correct. i only watch him play a good ss/panda/to whatever he plays and listen to him yell/rage in hon..its pretty fun actually.

Wait.. so I went 2v2 platinum with your brother?

Yet you were posting on the thread about "You wanna play now?" etc?

Or does he use your gaf ID as well?

Cuz you would pm me on gaf or I'd pm you or post in the thread to play but your bro was posting on GAF and checking on that?

And I'm guessing you only play protoss? wtf so confused.

EDIT: Even looking back on my replay with Panda vs you and your brother.. it seemed like you both knew we were coming in for you... I mean you moved your guys off ramp and soon as my zlings and his marines/marauders started coming you positioned yourself back on ramp to choke it off.. while your bro was already moving to us obviously since he had map hack.

Ultimatum

Banned
mint said:
naa, I was referring to Starcraft 2. I think the mint.mint account should get banned. Also that you should get a title saying: everything bad I do is done by my 'brother'.

Milabrega

mint said:
i'm hana.kyon in sc2.

So is this your first time posting in this thread? Cause there sure is a lot of mint on Gaf talking about and coordinating games mint.mint played on SC2 with us. And of the few games these past few days that Hana was in, you were the only one using a mic.

Bullshit. Valiant effort though. You could have at least been like mcrae and owned it. You really are trying to pull a Tiger though

aznpxdd

So...this is the real mint? The mint that has been posting in the SC2 thread and playing with us in SC2 is the brother/hacker?

mint

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Wait.. so I went 2v2 platinum with your brother?

Yet you were posting on the thread about "You wanna play now?" etc?

Or does he use your gaf ID as well?

Cuz you would pm me on gaf or I'd pm you or post in the thread to play but your bro was posting on GAF and checking on that?

And I'm guessing you only play protoss? wtf so confused.

i haven't posted ANYTHING on this sc2 beta thread. only since the talk about who's who is from me. i never pmed anyone on gaf about sc2, hon, ANY game related event. jeez sharing accts DOES suck..headache

Ultimatum

Banned
aznpxdd said:
So...this is the real mint? The mint that has been posting in the SC2 thread is the brother/hacker?
Yeah. Don't worry, the plot thickens later on when we find out that mint's 'brother' is simply his alter ego.

Sloegr

mint said:
i haven't posted ANYTHING on this sc2 beta thread. only since the talk about who's who is from me. i never pmed anyone on gaf about sc2, hon, ANY game related event. jeez sharing accts DOES suck..headache

Damn, all the posts I've associated with 'mint' have been about SC2 or HoN. Sharing an account to that degree makes no sense to me.

Zzoram

mint said:

So you have never posted about SC2 or HoN before, and every time you played with anyone, it was really your brother? How did you know to come here and "explain" if you weren't posting in here to begin with?

Meeru

Banned
I read mint's post. And it looks like after mint (the brother of course) started playing Heroes of Newerth and posting in that official forum topic, the *real* mint stopped using the name for a while.

I believe him. I have a brother myself, and whenever he uses an alias of mine, I kinda not use it anymore cuz it has his germs lol.

Also it looks like you guys don't live together.

mint said:
So is it technically 'account sharing' if you each have your own account? Why do you care what your brother does if you don't do any of the things involved? And then you magically knew to defend the name 'mint' even though you have zero association with it?

mint

Banned
Milabrega said:
So is this your first time posting in this thread? Cause there sure is a lot of mint on Gaf talking about and coordinating games mint.mint played on SC2 with us. And of the few games these past few days that Hana was in, you were the only one using a mic.

Bullshit. Valiant effort though. You could have at least been like mcrae and owned it. You really are trying to pull a Tiger though

yes it is my first time posting in this thread. can u rephrase what u just said? i dont understand. we both have mics. we have 2 computers.

75794307v9_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

Wedge7

mint said:

I'll be honest, I dont know you, but it smells like bullshit. You dont respond for like a whole day, users note numerous times that your on gaf but not responding to the thread, and then you pop in and have the 'It was all my brother!" excuse.

I mean, honestly, that seems so weak. Dont insult us like that.

Meeru

Banned
I think you need to tell your brother to not play SC2 AGAIN.

And lesson learned, never share anything, especially neogaf accounts :lol

aznpxdd

That and...

So you've never posted in this thread, yet you've been playing SC2 with mint. How does that work? How the hell do we even know who's who.

w3stfa11

I don't buy it. The timing is suspicious. This (sharing accounts) is only now coming to light after the maphacking accusations?

The guy posting now is "Hana" the Protoss player..

The person we all played with is "Mint" his brother.. The Terran.

Yet this guy somehow magically decides to check the thread and defend himself and post as opposed to his brother who has been posting this whole time?

What? Confused as hell and totally not believing this. (I also always heard 'mint' on the mic.. not 'Hana' so to be able to hear you say 'stop hacking' is a bit bs)

Meeru

Banned
Wedge7 said:
I'll be honest, I dont know you, but it smells like bullshit. You dont respond for like a whole day, users note numerous times that your on gaf but not responding to the thread, and then you pop in and have the 'It was all my brother!" excuse.

Yeah, you answered your own question. You weren't in the scene :lol. He even told his brother not to use the maphack. And they have two accts hana and mint. I feel like Im the DA here.

mint

Banned
Pandaman said:
okay so the mint we know is mint.miny, but you [hana] are the person who made the account mint on gaf, which your brother [mint.mint] has been using to post in this thread. [which we know because the gaf mint account has listed his starcraft id as mint.mint here: http://neogaf.net/forum/showpost.php?p=20372375&postcount=6112]

u nailed it. u sc2 guys are associated with mint.mint and mint (along with his other aliases) from hon, as well as whatever posts are made in this thread until now.

Zzoram

If his brother really has been doing all the posting under "mint" and playing as "mint.mint", how do we know this guy defending himself isn't really the evil brother pretending to be him?

Ultimatum

Banned
aznpxdd said:
That and...

So you've never posted in this thread, yet you've been playing SC2 with mint. How does that work? How the hell do we even know who's who.
It's not that complicated, read the other posts. The guy you thought you knew is mint's brother.

Wedge7

I need that hilarious star trek gif with the black guy at the computer having some weird sort of seizure and grabbing his head.

mint

Banned
Wedge7 said:

lol, i have a life, deal with it.

Meeru

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:

Yet this guy somehow magically decides to check the thread and defend himself and post as opposed to his brother who has been posting this whole time?

What? Confused as hell and totally not believing this. (I also always heard 'mint' on the mic.. not 'Hana' so to be able to hear you say 'stop hacking' is a bit bs)
It's cuz they have one gaf account.

mint said:
u nailed it. u sc2 guys are associated with mint.mint and mint (along with his other aliases) from hon, as well as whatever posts are made in this thread until now.
It makes so much sense now. Clearly, his magical spidey senses notified him that he was needed to defend himself in the SC2 Beta thread, even though he's never made a single post ever!

Ultimatum

Banned
Zzoram said:
If his brother really has been doing all the posting under "mint" and playing as "mint.mint", how do we know this guy defending himself isn't really the evil brother pretending to be him?
Because that would mean the evil brother would be saving his brother (mint), which makes him good. So that suggests they're both good brothers, but one is a hacker, and since hacking is evil, the hacker brother is evil. We now know that mint's brother is good, so he cannot be evil, meaning he cannot be the hacker. That leaves us with the identity of the hacker: mint.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ultimatum said:
It's not that complicated, read the other posts. The guy you thought you knew is mint's brother.
well, the guy we know as mint in this thread IS mint, but hana uses the account to.

its not a case of mistaken identity, its a case of hana posting on the mint account for... some reason. im not really clear on that part.

Zzoram

Ultimatum said:
Because that would mean the evil brother would be saving his brother (mint), which makes him not evil. So that suggests they're both good brothers, but one is a hacker, and since hacking is evil, the hacker brother is evil. We now know that mint's brother is good, so he cannot be evil, meaning he cannot be the hacker. That leaves us with the identity of the hacker: mint.

Actually an evil brother would be saving his brother's reputation to save his gaf account, since it takes so long to get a new one approved.

I feel the gaf mint account should be tagged with something related to this incident, but not banned.

mint

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:

ok i know that i never played with u on sc2. so u haven't heard from me. also, we're siblings, so its fair to assume we share information, such as this.

Top Bottom