• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ultimatum said:
Because that would mean the evil brother would be saving his brother (mint), which makes him not evil. So that suggests they're both good brothers, but one is a hacker, and since hacking is evil, the hacker brother is evil. We now know that mint's brother is good, so he cannot be evil, meaning he cannot be the hacker. That leaves us with the identity of the hacker: mint.
2vwhc11.jpg

mint

Banned
Pandaman said:
well, the guy we know as mint in this thread IS mint, but hana uses the account to.

its not a case of mistaken identity, its a case of hana posting on the mint account for... some reason. im not really clear on that part.

i had this mint account before gte was succeeded into verizon. pre-2000. so yes, i would like to keep this acct name and not have it banned.

Dreavus

Wedge7 said:
I'll be honest, I dont know you, but it smells like bullshit. You dont respond for like a whole day, users note numerous times that your on gaf but not responding to the thread, and then you pop in and have the 'It was all my brother!" excuse.

I mean, honestly, that seems so weak. Dont insult us like that.

Or rather, his BROTHER doesn't respond for a whole day (since apparently his brother was the one posting in this thread under the Mint ID) and then HE enters the thread for the first time today to do damage control FOR his brother. Or something.

I haven't even posted in here much, but yeah, it's pretty difficult to believe.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mint said:
i had this mint account before gte was succeeded into verizon. pre-2000. so yes, i would like to keep this acct name and not have it banned.
so where is mint, hana? did he tell you about what was happening in this thread?

msv

mint said:
You're not getting banned. So get your brother back here and let him take the heat.

Also, why would you use the hana nick in sc2 and not mint, if mint is actually your account?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Okay, honestly, is it that hard to make a new GAF account nowadays? I mean I've been a member here for years, but how hard is it really to just have your own account and make your brother have HIS own account? Why would you even need to share a GAF account?

Seems like needless drama baking in the oven to me...

JWong

Banned
Has there ever been a vid of any pro Korean players playing SC2 in a tournament studio? Not necessarily a tournament.

Won

So mint wasn't mint in Hon, wasn't mint in the HoN thread, wasn't mint in SC2 and wasn't mint in the SC2 thread.......but now your here, as mint, because......the account you rarely use, but gets abused by yo.......

I go to bed.....that's just too stupid.....

Honestly I don't think that the GAF gods really distinguish who the real person is, they typically just look at the accounts actions. If Mint was yelling that his account had been stolen that would be one thing...but.....

Zzoram

JWong said:
Has there ever been a vid of any pro Korean players playing SC2 in a tournament studio? Not necessarily a tournament.

Only at Blizzard special events. They don't play SC2 beta, they're busy playing Broodwar for money.

Weird thread twist...anyway...

Something just clicked completely and I'm suddenly able to micro and macro so much better now. I have a 4 win streak on 1v1 now, working my way up copper cup (lul) to hopefully move up to bronze. I feel like I've achieved a higher state of awareness, I'm constantly making good plays that perfectly counter my opponent. Hopefully I'm not just having an "on" day and I actually am getting better.

I now tech faster while building units... always spending money... always scouting... always expanding while I'm harassing/attacking my opponents... and always out producing my opponents... and overall playing more aggressively. Being aggressive (and scouting) is key to this game (my tip to players who find that they suck).

Keep playing and getting a feel for an early build order that feels good for you, and then learn how to read your enemy's base when you first scout with your worker to branch off in the appropriate tech direction to counter. KEEP SCOUTING to make sure that you're always one step ahead.

Edit: Also make sure that you set up a wall (whether it's with units or buildings) as soon as possible at your base choke point to hopefully prevent from being early scouted by a worker. It puts the enemy at a huge disadvantage if you deny them that opening scout by clogging your choke point with a line of 3 or 4 zealots set in "hold position" at your choke. They have no idea what you're doing and are forced to guess until they are able to scout you another way.

Meeru

Banned
I'm sure hana's brother feels bad for what he's done, and is giving him some psychosocial therapy.

Can someone tell me whats a good number of workers in a game? 60? 70?

Zzoram

valenti said:
I'm sure hana's brother feels bad for what he's done, and is giving him some psychosocial therapy.

Can someone tell me whats a good number of workers in a game? 60? 70?

It was ~60 in Broodwar, it seems to be ~44 in Starcraft 2. It takes 22 workers to fully saturate a base now (6 gas, 8x2 minerals), while it took 30 to do so in Broodwar (3 gas, 9x3 minerals).

Wedge7

Does 4 workers on gas EVER work? By that I mean, perhaps 3 is the *ideal* amount, but does that 1 extra guy on gas make any difference at all, or is it literally no better than having 3.

Corum

Wedge7 said:
Does 4 workers on gas EVER work? By that I mean, perhaps 3 is the *ideal* amount, but does that 1 extra guy on gas make any difference at all, or is it literally no better than having 3.

No better.

aznpxdd

Zzoram said:
It was ~60 in Broodwar, it seems to be ~44 in Starcraft 2. It takes 22 workers to fully saturate a base now (6 gas, 8x2 minerals), while it took 30 to do so in Broodwar (3 gas, 9x3 minerals).

44 seems a bit excessive...

I usually have around 35 and I always have the highest resource gathering rate. (assuming no one expands)

Zzoram

aznpxdd said:
44 seems a bit excessive...

I usually have around 35 and I always have the highest resource gathering rate. (assuming no one expands)

44 is for 2 bases, and the ideal is to have 2 mining bases at all times. Terran can get away with less due to Mules.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
(I have the ace attorney soundtrack playing in the background so forgive me if I seem a little too enthusiastic)

For the sake of argument I'm going to differentiate between the mints. First, there's Darth Mint, who plays HoN and SC2 and maphacks. And there's Hana Mint, who's Hana on SC2, doesn't play HoN but does play DotA. May or may not hack, draws a bit, mostly lurks, damage controls for his brother.

I have determined that the gaf mint account must be shared. Whether the real owner is Darth mint or Hana Mint is up for debate.

The main difference between Darth Mint and Hana Mint? Well, for one, the way their interests differ mostly checks out according to Hana Mint's attempt at damage control. Hana Mint draws a bit, doesn't play HoN, but probably plays DotA. He doesn't make any posts in the SC2 threads. Darth Mint plays HoN, DotA, SC2 and is an avid poster in their respective threads. You can tell them apart primarily by their sentence structure. For example:

This post can go either way:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9581441&postcount=23

Posts by Darth Mint: said:
Posts by Hana Mint: said:
Darth Mint tends to end his sentences with emotes, this is consistent with his behavior that i've seen in HoN and SC2. He is much more careful about capitalization and punctuation. Hana Mint, on the other hand, rarely capitalizes, has an odd habit of leaving ellipses unfinished and tends to be a little more on the artsy side of the forums. (He also draw something of Hakune Miku but the image was broken). If you compare the posts of Darth Mint to Hana Mint's damage control post you can see a clear difference that would imply they are two different people. Furthermore, Hana Mint's sparse posts around Gaming and OT reinforce the position that the account is shared by two people.

Lastly, if you look at the final link of his artwork,you can see his signature on the bottom right hand corner. HK. Hana Kyon. Conclusive proof of the existence of Hana mint.

Anyway the question that remains to be answered is "does Hana Mint hack as well?" and Milabrega's taking care of that end by pouring over the replays of Hana.

JWong

Banned
Zzoram said:
Only at Blizzard special events. They don't play SC2 beta, they're busy playing Broodwar for money.
Are there vids of it? I'd like to see how they play the new game.

Sick and tired of David Kim!

TurtleSnatcher said:
Yet this guy somehow magically decides to check the thread and defend himself and post as opposed to his brother who has been posting this whole time?
He knew to check the thread because he downloaded a maphack for NeoGAF

Meeru

Banned
Halycon said:
(I have the ace attorney soundtrack playing in the background so forgive me if I seem a little too enthusiastic)

For the sake of argument I'm going to differentiate between the mints. First, there's Darth Mint, who plays HoN and SC2 and maphacks. And there's Hana Mint, who's Hana on SC2, doesn't play HoN but does play DotA. May or may not hack, draws a bit, mostly lurks, damage controls for his brother.

I have determined that the gaf mint account must be shared. Whether the real owner is Darth mint or Hana Mint is up for debate.

The main difference between Darth Mint and Hana Mint? Well, for one, the way their interests differ mostly checks out according to Hana Mint's attempt at damage control. Hana Mint draws a bit, doesn't play HoN, but probably plays DotA. He doesn't make any posts in the SC2 threads. Darth Mint plays HoN, DotA, SC2 and is an avid poster in their respective threads. You can tell them apart primarily by their sentence structure. For example:

Darth Mint tends to end his sentences with emotes, this is consistent with his behavior that i've seen in HoN and SC2. He is much more careful about capitalization and punctuation. Hana Mint, on the other hand, rarely capitalizes, has an odd habit of leaving ellipses unfinished and tends to be a little more on the artsy side of the forums. (He also draw something of Hakune Miku but the image was broken). If you compare the posts of Darth Mint to Hana Mint's damage control post you can see a clear difference that would imply they are two different people. Furthermore, Hana Mint's sparse posts around Gaming and OT reinforce the position that the account is shared by two people.

Lastly, if you look at the final link of his artwork,you can see his signature on the bottom right hand corner. HK. Hana Kyon. Conclusive proof of the existence of Hana mint.

Anyway the question that remains to be answered is "does Hana Mint hack as well?" and Milabrega's taking care of that end by pouring over the replays of Hana.
Wow. You deserve a medal for this. Holy...

traveler

Not Wario
Halycon said:

O_O

Haly

Trasher said:
Detective, Haly. Holy shit. :lol :lol

That's my 2s partner right there!
I might be on later tonight if I don't collapse from exhaustion!

Anyway this seems appropriate:
phoenix-emo.gif

Milabrega

Yeah account sharing may break the ToS. Besides, it was hacker mint and not Hana who actually used the Gaf account. Of the 3 Hana replays I have, I only watched 2, but at least he wasn't map hacking! In the DemiMatt/Myself vs Mint/Hana they did move as a team to counter our movements, but that was Mint looking through the FoW not Hana.

Meeru

Banned
I was looking over at the post by Panda on the bnet website and I loved how Turtle was accusing that mint's brother was a hacker too :lol What a silly goose.

Haly

valenti said:
What is good against roaches?
Anything flying or some kind of on spot truesight, overseers or observers or sweeping. As for ground units I think MMM does pretty well against non-speed upgraded roaches, and can go head to head with sped up ones with the right micro.

Against double roach rush you'll want to wall some chokepoint and make sure they don't burrow and get through. If you're Zerg the best you can do is make some roaches of your own to stall and hope your teammate can save your sorry ass.

JWong said:
So... as a zerg, I just mass roaches and that's all? 8P

Maybe switch to some hydras when it gets late.
So, if I am playing TvZ I should just rush for Marauders to counter Roaches right? I am still trying to figure out all the counters and everything.

aznpxdd

JWong said:
So... as a zerg, I just mass roaches and that's all? 8P

Maybe switch to some hydras when it gets late.

Turtle...you should share with GAF what the opponents said after we kicked their ass the other day.

"_______, the new roach."

darkressurection said:
So, if I am playing TvZ I should just rush for Marauders to counter Roaches right? I am still trying to figure out all the counters and everything.

Nah, go for a mixture of marines and rauders, not just marauders. I've been mixing in ghosts as well, snipe is a deadly, deadly ability. 45 damage to any bio, and it only costs 25 energy.

Top Bottom