• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

I just got an email saying I got in, its from SC2betaUS@blizzard.com

I didn't click any of the links provided in the email because it could be a phishing scam. It tells me to login to Bnet and click "Manage Game" under the Starcraft 2 Beta image...but I don't have one there. All thats there is my WoW game/account..

..Looks like I didn't get in then?

EDIT:

Nvrm, was my other Bnet account, juts forwarded the email to my current Bnets Gmail hahah

Wooh I'm in!

Deadly

I got an email from battle.net too but it was in my spam and I clicked on delete forever right before I saw it :lol Good thing I'm already in

Q8D3vil

GregLombardi said:
be careful that you're not mixing stuttering with artifacting

artifacting is an example of a hardware problem. make sure there isn't dust in your graphic card fan or any other fans in your computer.

I just paid $200 for a new video card that burnt out on me
i cleaned my gpu 1 week ago.
i have 8800 gt in my pc for physx
i'll try using it.

Q8D3vil

try getting a new network card/dongle, maybe that is burning out. Alternate is messing with the beacon intervals on your connection.
i tried using wireless adapter but nothing changed.

i just tried watching replays and there is no stuttering.
must be a network problem.

Well if the problem is not with your network card/settings then see if the router is the problem. Check the blizzard forums and forward the Bnet 2 ports or set your PC as the DMZ.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks a lot for the pms guys, I really appreciate all the help I can get.

Also, sorry for not posting the replays... been very busy with other stuff lately. Going to play some games with my cousin now :)

16 wins 37 losses... ugh.

Deadly

Wouldn't it be awesome if there was an option on a unit that would be like "attack air units only" or "attack ground units only", it would make things so much easier :lol Maybe abit too easy though

Hur hur hur. I just won a 2v2 against two Platinum league douches. (they were douches, complaining about our "gay" strategy etc) I'm in Bronze league 2v2, so it's all the more satisfying. Rank 5 now. Do I have to be rank 1 before I can go up to Silver league?

Been getting demolished recently and couldn't figure out why. Then, it hit me... I never really push. I have a bad tendency to expand once, turtle, build up a force and maybe scout a bit, and then get owned because I never really try to push even after I stop an offensive.

Recently been forcing myself to play more aggressive. I've had some decent success with 2x hatcheries pumping out cracklings for Zerg, and some success with 2x barracks with reactor core pumping out marines. Also been toying with harassing via reapers early on, and that has proven successful. Still having issues with early game as Protoss. I usually pump out a few zealots and then get a couple stalkers and see what damage I can do with that, but it never seems to get me very far.

Also: After an early push with some marines or harassment with reapers, if its successful, I've found transitioning to banshees can really kick some ass. By the time my enemy has started to recover I can get a couple cloaked banshees over there, take out some of their forces, then finish with just my marine swarm. Only in Silver right now though, so I'm probably not playing the greatest opponents.

Q8D3vil said:
i tried 8800 gt with it and the problem is still there.
:/
Interesting.

My 8800 GTS is the card that burned out from dust actually. It could be something related to the latest patch, or it could be another piece of hardware conflicting with it

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
man this game is so much fun, i spent like 5 hours last night playing with 2 fellow gaffers! 2v2 is awesome and i cant wait for 3v3!

Jokey665

Just got promoted to gold after winning a game solely because of harassment, haha. Is it normal to be promoted to almost the top of your new league? I went from 12 silver to 10 gold haha.

Kinyou

Are this going to be real live games or just live commentating?

EDIT: They are in the lobby so it looks like it's really live.:D

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
FromTheFuture said:
Pretty sure they use air weapon upgrades for both landed and flying modes.

Yeah. If I remember correctly the descriptive text on the armor upgrades say something along the lines of "improves armor for units created from the Starport". I maybe wrong, though...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
this may be the first online multiplayer experience that I seriously get in to. there's so much more depth here than with a shooter or something, and thanks to the awesome, awesome matchmaking, I'm always playing matches that feel winnable. so good.

Zertez

Great play by Idra. I was pulling for Nony and his Phoenix build was interesting, but Idra played his normal great macro and his builds and attacks were very different from his usual play. It is always fun to see Idra lose, but he was a couple steps of Nony in every game. Im not sure I would say Zerg are overpowered, as much as any time you let someone else out macro you and have two bases up when you only have one, is usually a quick way to lose.

Won

Finally got mechplay against a Zerg going.....damn....poor little bugs, getting squished like that.

ChronicleX said:
wow 3-0. Zerg are still overpowered :lol

The funny part is that you are probably serious. Wait no, that's not funny. :/

Mihku

That was a brutal RO4 match. Never expected it to be so one-sided. Mass Hydras with some awesome macro play does hurt it seems.

BigAT

I got an email earlier this afternoon saying I was in. Downloading now, woohoo!

Does anyone have any advice/sites with basic tutorials/build orders/etc.?

Just got into the Beta yesterday and only had time for a quick game (lost). 3 questions:

1. Can I install the game to more than one machine?

2. Where is the best place to read about properties of units? I saw the SC2 wiki, but it doesn't seem that great.

3. Is there a newer set of Nvidia drivers than the ones that were causing problems or do I need to revert?

Stryder

prodystopian said:
Just got into the Beta yesterday and only had time for a quick game (lost). 3 questions:

1. Can I install the game to more than one machine?

2. Where is the best place to read about properties of units? I saw the SC2 wiki, but it doesn't seem that great.

3. Is there a newer set of Nvidia drivers than the ones that were causing problems or do I need to revert?
1. Yes you can, you can even just copy the game folder to another machine and it will run fine without installing it

2. Start up a custom game with an AI opponent in it and have a look at the Help section, you can find out info in each faction's units including which units they are strong or weak against, as well as each tech tree.

3. Not sure, I don't have any problems with my nvidia card (8800gt) with the 196.21 drivers

Top Bottom