• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Ashhong said:
i havent opened the map editor, are there lurkers available? lurker defense was one of my favorite UMS. i demand a remake!

Only the beta units are available in the map editor currently. I'd guess they will be available once retail hits (or at the very least, all of the Terran units from the Wings of Liberty campaign) Although it's safe to assume that there will also be more Zerg and Toss units in the campaign to go up against. That would suck to have to wait for part 2 and 3 to get the rest of the units in the editor...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nah, I give up.

It was a fun 2 weeks, thanks a lot SC2 and Blizzard :).

Take care everyone, best thread on GAF.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Zzoram said:
Someone tried to remake one of the original Turret Defense maps in Starcraft I. This is the result:

http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/turret-defense-2010-final/

Obviously TD back then wasn't as sophistocated as it got in Warcraft III, but this is meant to be a nostalgic throwback to the origins of the genre.
You bum. I wanted to post this but he didn't upload it yet.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=125636
Instructions on how to play with others is on page 2.

*Yoshi you didn't even post a replay. You'll be back in 2 days just watch.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
EAT IT! 2 wins in a row, now THAT'S PRO. YESSSSSSS

ghst

thanks for the laugh
maybe i'm late to the rage on this one (only got in the beta a couple of weeks ago), but here's to posterity:

what the fuck?
http://www.gardenofaiur.com/blog/starcraft-ii-battle-net-servers-will-be-region-locked/

i coasted along thinking this was a beta deal, but this is blizzard's plan for the biggest multiplayer game of 2010? why aren't people tearing down the walls about this?

internet communities are defined by common interest, not geography. shameful shit here, up there with any drm/dedicated server issue.

Won

ghst said:
maybe i'm late to the rage on this one (only got in the beta a couple of weeks ago), but here's to posterity:

what the fuck?
http://www.gardenofaiur.com/blog/starcraft-ii-battle-net-servers-will-be-region-locked/

i coasted along thinking this was a beta deal, but this is blizzard's plan for the biggest multiplayer game of 2010? why aren't people tearing down the walls about this?

internet communities are defined by common interest, not geography. shameful shit here, up there with any drm/dedicated server issue.

Well, it is pretty old news and most anger over this died down. Though there wasn't enough rage to begin with, that I will agree. It's not something that is really noticable for the avaerage joe, sadly.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Won said:
Well, it is pretty old news and most anger over this died down. Though there wasn't enough rage to begin with, that I will agree. It's not something that is really noticable for the avaerage joe, sadly.

i'd understand regional ladders and shit like that, but locking me out from playing with half the people i'd want to play with due to some arbitrary geographical limitation, even in private matches? yeah, fuck that. stunningly regressive move.

Zertez

ghst said:

what the fuck?

I thought Blizzard recently came out and said they have plans to allow cross server games in the near future. There is an issue with the language barrier in some games and they are thinking of a way to work around it. Maybe Im thinking of another game though.
Edit: How do Idra and some Korean players get around the issue when they play in tournaments like HDH?

BuRT!

I just played my third game and noticed the 'build order' stats only went up to around 6 or 7 minutes but the game lasted 19 minutes. Is it always like that?

Milabrega

Zertez said:
How do Idra and some Korean players get around the issue when they play in tournaments like HDH?

They have accounts for each region. Region locking for ladder is okay, but for all game modes, that's some nonsense.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Milabrega said:
They have accounts for each region. Region locking for ladder is okay, but for all game modes, that's some nonsense.

seriously, for ping-o-philes, regional ladders and a simple same region only tick box or max ping slider in custom game setup would be an inoffensive solution to this. can only guess at the ulterior motives.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
valenti said:
Do gaffers just not like playing with other gaffers :lol
I just been busy with RL and school and when I do play I never get invited to stuff. That and my friend list is small since last wipe.

Yoshichan

I'm trying to save a replay for GAF, but how...?

Ashhong

valenti said:
Do gaffers just not like playing with other gaffers :lol

you are TOO GOOD!

nah, im just busy...

Yoshichan said:
I'm trying to save a replay for GAF, but how...?

every game is automatically saved in your replay folder. if you are on windows it should be in the my documents folder -> starcraft 2 beta -> replays

Yoshichan

Got it. Okay I uploaded it for anyone who wants to see my scrubby ass. This is usually how every game I play is so... yeah.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/dXFYNnFOQ1I4aU94dnc9PQ

Also, PLEASE don't mind the "fuck you" in the end of the video :lol I'm usually not like that but I was really pissed off there...

Yoshichan

Zertez said:
File didnt work for me.
Oh god, let me guess... it's only going to work for EU players? Fuck me if true, then I'm pretty much screwed. I ain't getting any help here now :( Sigh.

jasonng

Yoshichan said:
Oh god, let me guess... it's only going to work for EU players? Fuck me if true, then I'm pretty much screwed. I ain't getting any help here now :( Sigh.

It works and I'm US. Watching your replay now. One thing I can tell you right off the bat is that you built assimulators too fast. You would only build one that soon if you were rushing for air units.

Jokey665

Ugh, what the heck at cheese. I didn't get cheesed hardly at all in Bronze/Silver, but as soon as I hit gold EVERYONE started cheesing. Dumb.

Yoshichan

Zertez said:
Downloaded again. It works now, but it did crash the first time due to previous version error.
Great!
jasonng said:
You would only build one that soon if you were rushing for air units.
Yeah but I was thinking since I was pumping out so many sentries, I might as well :(...

Yaweee

Jokey665 said:
Ugh, what the heck at cheese. I didn't get cheesed hardly at all in Bronze/Silver, but as soon as I hit gold EVERYONE started cheesing. Dumb.

What type of cheese are you encountering?

Yoshichan said:
Got it. Okay I uploaded it for anyone who wants to see my scrubby ass. This is usually how every game I play is so... yeah.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/dXFYNnFOQ1I4aU94dnc9PQ

Also, PLEASE don't mind the "fuck you" in the end of the video :lol I'm usually not like that but I was really pissed off there...

I'm afraid I'm going to be quite blunt here.

1) Right off the bat your build order is really bad. You waited way too long to get your first pylon. You're getting double gas WAY too early for no reason at all. Think about it. You have 400+ gas when your first gateway finished. That's not good at all because you can't even pump out Stalkers or Sentries until your Cybernetics Core comes up.

2) Way too much focus on micro. When you out with your army, you should NOT be watching your army so much. When you were pushing out with your Zealot/Sentry army, not once did you go back to your base and pump out more units. That's really bad because if you lose a battle, then you would not have an army in time back home to defend.

3) You had THREE warpgates. How did you feel when you lost that battle and you went back to your base to build units only to find out that you could only pump out 3 units? That's really bad. Get more warpgates. You had 1000+ minerals/gas in the bank.

4) No tech. No upgrade. No expansion.

You're not a bad player, you just lack experience.

Kamillio

Neo Member
I'm down to play some games, my id is drift.kmills. I posted it awhile back but it has slightly changed since then. I am rank 8 silver.

Top Bottom