• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

longdi

Banned
3v3 is fun. :D
competitive players may not play it but the ebb and flow of battle cannot be felt with 2v2.
i hope to try 4v4 but the server is like not stable.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
NOOOOOOOOO! MY COPPEER LEAGEEEEEEEE PLACEMENT!!!!!!

cramcakes

Anyone else having issues with mini map? Two games I had to quit because it isn't showing up and it's not showing up at all in replays.

4v4 is pretty epic. If you can keep your 75 upgraded mutas away from Thors nothing else can stand up to you.

I was playing a used map settings game and all of a sudden the game pretty much froze as far as internet connectivity was concerned. I could click around but it would create multiplied UI effects that never went away. :lol

Looks like the servers aren't happy at the moment.

Won

Sounds like I'm not going to even bother trying to play this weekend. Kinda sucks. Was looking forward finally trying out the custom map stuff.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
God damn that new league look is ugly, REVERT BLIZZARD RRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEVVVVVEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTT

Has the lag improved? Last night was a pain, but I managed to get placed in diamond for 3v3

The email system feels so archaic, almost reminds me of shitty DS friends codes oh well.

StonyJackson

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
PhoenixDark said:
Has the lag improved? Last night was a pain, but I managed to get placed in diamond for 3v3

The email system feels so archaic, almost reminds me of shitty DS friends codes oh well.

StonyJackson
jaethomas@gmail.com
Watching day9's eu v asia stream (played on neutral us servers) game 3 of tlo v sen froze 3 times ingame for everyone, so much so that they havent casted any more of the tournament due to issues. I know its isolated but ive been hearing this freeze bug alot.

NIN90

Was that breaking news thing there before or did it just appear? Says that they are aware of the issues and that are about to restart bnet.

Zzoram

PhoenixDark said:

StonyJackson
jaethomas@gmail.com

the email system is for real ID friends (people you know IRL)

the normal friends list system will come back, they just wanted to emphasize testing real ID for now

I think it's good, it gives people the option of only friending real friends if they want

after hearing their reasoning for the realid friends only (because it's beta) im starting to feel sheepish about complaining so much about the problems. This is an effing beta, it's about time it felt like one. We've been spoiled by how good it's been so far.

The thing I can rage about now though, is if it's really this bad when 4v4 and custom maps were added WHY WEREN'T THEY ADDED IN EARLIER BLIZZARD YOU STUPID WHORE.

msv

Wow. bnet should just shut down completely, stop trying to be up when all you can do is chat and get dropped every 2 mins lol

Deadly said:
I just played 2 games and I didn't see any lag at all really, just how it was before...

you mustnt have tried 4v4 then. inevitably someone will lag the crap out of the entire game making it look like you are playing sc2 on a hypercard stack, usually theres 2 or 3 lagging the crap out of the game making it look like you are drawing pictures in a flipbook, and then 20 minutes into the game as soon as you've built 6 void rays/banshees/mutas the game politely asks you to surrender twice like france.

Trasher

MisterAnderson said:
Anyone down for 2v2ing, 3v3ing or 4v4ing on any of my custom maps?
Ahhh man. I want to try 3v3 and 4v4 out so bad! But I am currently without my computer. :( Hopefully we can get some games in when I have my comp back (Monday!).

longdi

Banned
between 3v3 and 4v4 i think the former is better balance. 4v4 is quite cheese with the rushing advantage while 3v3 map allows more tactical battle
what is amazing is how smooth the game felt even with doubling the players.

longdi said:
between 3v3 and 4v4 i think the former is better balance. 4v4 is quite cheese with the rushing advantage while 3v3 map allows more tactical battle
what is amazing is how smooth the game felt even with doubling the players.

what were you playing? Every game i played there was massive lag and players kept getting to the "waiting for so-and-so" screen, 2 or 3 per game.

JoeFenix

Hey guys, just noticed an email from blizzard telling me I got in the beta and now I have a problem.

Installed the game and everything went fine until it started updating, now it just loops the update forever...

I tried reinstalling but nothing fixes it, did anyone else have this issue? Can't seem to find anything online about it.

JoeFenix said:
Hey guys, just noticed an email from blizzard telling me I got in the beta and now I have a problem.

Installed the game and everything went fine until it started updating, now it just loops the update forever...

I tried reinstalling but nothing fixes it, did anyone else have this issue? Can't seem to find anything online about it.

theres like at least one post about this every page of replies. it just doesnt tell you that it's downloading every patch, one by one, each of them labeled patch 13. especially when patch 11 or 12 or whatever comes with the editor its going to take a while so get a coffee.

on another note, i got 14 player games working somehow, although i can't get the teams to work properly yet, each team is limited to 2 players per team, so right now it's 2v2v2v2v2v2v2. here's a screen shot, although there are all computers there doesnt seem to be any reason i can't invite 13 other people to play.

screenshot000x.jpg

Zen

Banned
JoeFenix said:

Are you sure? There are a lot of updates to DL and it doesn't tell you how many you have to go through.

Jokey665

Cannon rushing is the dumbest thing ever. It's the only rush I somehow cannot deal with. I even went super fucking fast reapers (before I even knew he was cannon rushing) and couldn't do anything about it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Jokey665 said:
Cannon rushing is the dumbest thing ever. It's the only rush I somehow cannot deal with. I even went super fucking fast reapers (before I even knew he was cannon rushing) and couldn't do anything about it.
So you had gas? You couldn't of attacked his probe line or teched to tanks?

You can always lift off as Terran also you know. Just move and all his cannons are useless.

lol i still need to figure out how to make it 7v7 but for now i thought this would be neat to show the minimap from the 14 player game i was just testing:

minimapf.jpg

Top Bottom