• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Kinyou

Oh no the HDH Invitational starts in 2 hours and the servers are still going crazy!

2128r4l.gif

I always knew that it was a bad idea to start an invitational with such a high price pool during a beta...

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Kinyou said:
Oh no the HDH Invitational starts in 2 hours and the servers are still going crazy!

2128r4l.gif

I always knew that it was a bad idea to start an invitational with such a high price pool during a beta...
Games have already been played, the only issue they have is the third round game was played on patch 12 and they are struggling to load the replay. The finale is all done, dusted and commented on apparently (according to husky on the TL forums)

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Kinyou said:
Ah that's good to hear. (kind of disappointed that the games are not live though...)
Idra is in Korea so its hard to schedule, also i believe they wanted to play before patch 13 came out.

So after playing/watching/hearing some critiques on Lotus Prime I've made a few small tweaks (haven't published yet as I still need to touch up textures and stuff after the changes). Nothing major, but I was trying to address what felt like a slight claustrophobic feeling by widening some chokes a bit to make it a bit more open. I also changed the smoke stack formation in front of the naturals so it isn't closed off anymore and just provides partial line of sight blockage. If you guys think the changes are bad/unnecessary or if you have any suggestions on what you think I should do please let me know!

Before:
ipcdo6.jpg

After:
14w7n5s.jpg

ZealousD said:
Did you fix the weird minerals patches on the naturals?

The cluster of 3 where the workers would have to go around the back to mine? If that's what you're talking about yeah I fixed that.

Also I forgot to mention that I sorted out that weird "invincible target" issue on Chaos Sanctum where all the workers spawned strangely and we couldn't mine. :lol Apparently I had "Neutral Player" set to "none" instead of "Neutral" and that is what causes that weird spawning glitch.

kmc

I thought it was fixed as i played a 3v3 that was completely lag free. It was actually the smoothest game ive played on bnet since beta launch. The 3 after were horrible tho. It's driving me crazy haha. I need my fix!

aznpxdd

Ugh...still freezing.

Can some OG SC2 Gaffers add me if you guys still play? aznpxdd (at) yahoo (dot) com.

I'm Deltron BTW...in case anyone don't recognize.

Gritesh

Whats with everyone I play doing MMM's.

It's the same thing over and over again with every opponent.

I got tired of losing to the same strat over and over so I decided to try it out, in my opinion they made marines to easy to overpower with the reactor core and the shield upgrade.

Mass marines wins, tier 1 unit fml.

Jokey665

Gritesh said:

I got tired of losing to the same strat over and over so I decided to try it out, in my opinion they made marines to easy to overpower with the reactor core and the shield upgrade.

Colossi, Banelings, Seige Tanks > Marines...

Gritesh said:

this has been gone over many times. either colossi, or banelings and you win. if you cant beat them after making banelings or colossi, then you are the worse player is all there is to it.

I would personally love to play back to back games against random opponents who all did mmm one after another. it would result in fun times as they ragequit

aznpxdd

Ice Monkey said:
this has been gone over many times. either colossi, or banelings and you win. if you cant beat them after making banelings or colossi, then you are the worse player is all there is to it.

I would personally love to play back to back games against random opponents who all did mmm one after another. it would result in fun times as they ragequit

Very easy to counter Colossi if T goes the MMM route. Just start pumping out Vikings since you most likely already have a reactor on the Starport.

Zertez

HDH finals are about to stream. They recorded the finals earlier, so they will air those, but not 3rd place match between Nony and TLO. They cant load the replays due to the trainwreck that was patch 13.

aznpxdd said:
Very easy to counter Colossi if T goes the MMM route. Just start pumping out Vikings since you most likely already have a reactor on the Starport.

It's for this reason I'm beginning to favor High Templars to counter MMM instead of Collosi. Sentries + Templar own MMM.

But yes, I used to have problems with MMM but after learning the game I find them one of the easier strats to counter.

Mardil

Zertez said:
HDH finals are about to stream. They recorded the finals earlier, so they will air those, but not 3rd place match between Nony and TLO. They cant load the replays due to the trainwreck that was patch 13.
Where can I find them?

F#A#Oo

Banned
Anyone know how I hotkey multiple hatcheries/Nexus/CC's under one hotkey?

Just saw a video and noticed the guy had all his hatcheries on 1 key...

dmann

F#A#Oo said:

I believe its
Shift+Click on each hatchery/nexus/CC/
Ctrl+whatever # you want hotkey.

Tacitus_

F#A#Oo said:

Ctrl + number to make current selection a control group, shift + number to add selection to said control group.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
THAT WAS INTENSE.

Mr Cola

Idra in the lobby chat "fucking ridiculous unit" :lol :lol

Top Bottom