• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

F#A#Oo

Banned
Bisonian said:
What has the gaming world come to when we can't even give Blizzard of all companies some sort of benefit of the doubt?

Activision...the name resonates with a whole lot with thoughts of them wanting to bend the consumer over...
5xuand.gif

IceMarker

msv said:
Man, I so wanna play 3s and 4s with you gaffers, but no one's online :/ Damn this RealID stuff!
I'd gladly play some friendly 3s and 4s with you all, as well as helping to test my maps, but I'm waiting for Bnet to settle down first.

DaveKap

Banned
Ashhong said:
NO!

we'll see if its 5 in a row...

edit: 5 in a row. its not a ridiculous assumption to make considering the state of bnet.
I joined a 4v4 where my entire team was Random and we all ended up as Protoss. I've also played 5 1v1s as Random and got Zerg each time. It feels broken but it's a "random race" not a "scrambled race" so it's just the kind of thing that's going to happen often for anyone who plays enough.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Bisonian said:
What has the gaming world come to when we can't even give Blizzard of all companies some sort of benefit of the doubt? The company that released years of free Map of the Weeks for SC1 and WC3, and is still to this day releasing content updates and patches for SC1 and D2. Insanity has overcome this thread I tell you.

Well, this generation has already seen plenty of previously "benevolent" companies embrace the console scene and money-grubbing DLC schemes. It is the age of paying to play for P2P multiplayer and dishing out $15 for a couple of maps in a FPS. Screwing the consumer for their money by taking more and giving less is at an all-time high in the gaming industry.

I would like to give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt, and I fully intend to, but I can't help but have this feeling if impending doom.

Zefah said:
Well, this generation has already seen plenty of previously "benevolent" companies embrace the console scene and money-grubbing DLC schemes. It is the age of paying to play for P2P multiplayer and dishing out $15 for a couple of maps in a FPS. Screwing the consumer for their money by taking more and giving less is at an all-time high in the gaming industry.

I would like to give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt, and I fully intend to, but I can't help but have this feeling if impending doom.
We dont know after WoW old blizzard rocked but its looking different with the WoW itemshop and stuff they did in the last couple of years.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
warning to eu players, just got dropped out of another placement. that makes it two losses and two dropped victories.

eurgh.

i can't even be a copper league superstar anymore.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I think I am getting better at the game, but it's hard to tell cause I am always playing 4v4, worried if I try 1v1, I will be shamed SO hard.

Zzoram

Kinitari said:
I think I am getting better at the game, but it's hard to tell cause I am always playing 4v4, worried if I try 1v1, I will be shamed SO hard.

It's fine, you only get better at 1v1 by playing it.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
ONE positive about the dropping

Getting cheesed like a bitch and getting dropped as i was about to gg :D :lol no loss for me

Sloegr

Kinitari said:

I'd rather perform poorly in a 1v1 than in a 4v4. I always play 1v1 since I know I'll be the weak link on a team, so I'd rather suffer the defeat in solitude. So you're braver than I am :D

mcrae

cramcakes said:
Yeah, like 11 posts that way^^^

Unless it's an imposter of course.

lol, i had just read his post too. i suppose i need to pay more attention to usernames :lol

Zealous: gj holding out, it was the game where 3 zerg rushed your team and you were the last man standing with some sunkens and mutas. if you had slightly better teammates you guys probably woulda whopped us

survivor

Banned
So a question, GAF, did Blizzard send out any beta invites lately or something? I just checked my email and I got one about 4 days. Really surprised since I didn't think they would do anymore waves.

Mudkips

Banned
survivor said:
So a question, GAF, did Blizzard send out any beta invites lately or something? I just checked my email and I got one about 4 days. Really surprised since I didn't think they would do anymore waves.

Not that I've heard of.

I'm actually looking for a key for a friend who now wants to play (in the few days we have left, lol). I gave my first invite-a-friend key to a different friend, and gave the other two away on GAF, so I don't have one to give her.

If anyone wants to throw a spare key her way, it would be appreciated.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
ghst said:
warning to eu players, just got dropped out of another placement. that makes it two losses and two dropped victories.

eurgh.

i can't even be a copper league superstar anymore.
you can join me in being bronze league superstar!

(who gets absolutely murdered every three or four matches)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Ashhong said:
random must be broken. ive gotten zerg 4 times in a row. frustrating
wow, they were totally right on Idle Thumbs. I guess people don't know how probability works. =p

Ashhong

Rez said:
wow, they were totally right on Idle Thumbs. I guess people don't know how probability works. =p

i know how probability works. are you telling me that its so ridiculous to think it might be fucked up right now considering how the game is playing? i went 7 games in a row with zerg, excuse me for thinking blizzard fucked that up too

PS. random generators are not really random.

Mudkips said:
Not that I've heard of.

I'm actually looking for a key for a friend who now wants to play (in the few days we have left, lol). I gave my first invite-a-friend key to a different friend, and gave the other two away on GAF, so I don't have one to give her.

If anyone wants to throw a spare key her way, it would be appreciated.

send me a PM if you didnt already get one

mcrae

Ashhong said:
i know how probability works. are you telling me that its so ridiculous to think it might be fucked up right now considering how the game is playing? i went 7 games in a row with zerg, excuse me for thinking blizzard fucked that up too

PS. random generators are not really random.

send me a PM if you didnt already get one

i doubt its broken, its just like the probability on roulette, people think that if it hits red 10 times in a row, they should bet black next spin, but there is no reason to do that. (unless you have a certain betting system going on, but that isnt relevant) the point is that in probability, in this case, previous outcomes do not influence future outcomes. there is a 1/2187 chance of getting zerg 7 times in a row, but there is only a 1/3 chance of getting zerg on that seventh game, regardless of whether you got zerg 6 times in a row before that, or a mix of races, or only terran, etc.... get what i'm saying?

the fact is that if 2187 people play seven games in a row, one of them will get zerg all seven games. one will get terran all 7 games, and one will get protoss all seven games. the other 2184 people will get a unique mixture of the three races. someone had to get it, that person was you.

just be glad you're not that one guy out there who is gonna get zerg 33, 40, 50 times in a row, once retail comes out. (though i imagine they put a limit on it, lol)

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Rez said:
you can join me in being bronze league superstar!

(who gets absolutely murdered every three or four matches)

doesn't quite have the same ring to it, there's just something so uncomprimisingly brutal about calling it the "copper" league. might aswell call it "turbo shit tier" or something.

there's an unerring determination to state the damning facts there that you have to respect.

we could be turbo shit tier 2v2 superstars if blizz weren't all about aparthied. i'll bring the jumpsuits and capes if you bring the legion of screaming korean e-groupies

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Won a 2v2 where both players 6 pool ling rushed then went into banelings.
Pitiful fools. :lol

Scouted the lings, threw down a second rax so I was safe, ally died. Whoops.
Immediately made a factory and a hellion, got a starport, added a reactor to factory, built supplied behind my rax to rewall when banelings would come (There is not real follow up besides mutas which take forever and die to marines). Around 20 banelings come and blow up both my barracks :lol

My small marine force plus a marauder cleans up but dies leaving me with 1 hellion vs 5 lings. As my 2 other hellions pop out I am safe.

Rewall with 2 barracks, and check on my 3 banshees. Red has no drones, Blue is dying a slow death.

Shortly after I killed red another 30 banelings come up my ramp. Too bad I had 10 hellions and not a single one exploded :lol
They didn't even type anything or gg, they just waited for my 5 banshees to kill them both.

*I played three 15 minute 2v2 games and didn't have any lag or freezing or dropping. US Server.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Was working well this afternoon and early evening. And now it's finally shitting itself. Looks like it's going to shit during peak hours.

Zen

Banned
Arg, I was just playing a really fun game against a zerg player that wasn't doing the usual 'ball together' low tier units. Darnit.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ZealousD said:
Was working well this afternoon and early evening. And now it's finally shitting itself. Looks like it's going to shit during peak hours.
i just tried to get back on too. :(

Zen said:
Arg, I was just playing a really fun game against a zerg player that wasn't doing the usual 'ball together' low tier units. Darnit.
so he was bad? :p

Top Bottom