• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Cru Jones said:
Maybe you should make up your mind

My mind is absolute. I am just waiting for you lot to quit beating the dead horse out of spite. What you quoted was not my opinion, it is fact backed up by the fact you are STILL going on about it.

Opinion has no backbone, where in this my backbone is your persistence to not STFU.

Cheeto

ChronicleX said:
My mind is absolute. I am just waiting for you lot to quit beating the dead horse out of spite. What you quoted was not my opinion, it is fact backed up by the fact you are STILL going on about it.

Opinion has no backbone, where in this my backbone is your persistence to not STFU.
Better watch out, if you don't see a response in awhile... you might want to check for proxy posts in other threads.

Ingeniero

Tried lo log in after downloading the new patch and got a window saying my graphics drivers are not updated, so aparently the new patch added a feature to scan your system and suggest software updates.

I have Nvidia forceware 197.16 btw

EDIT.

Found this patch notes at TL.net

Balance Changes

* PROTOSS
o Archon
+ Build time decreased from 17 to 12.

* TERRAN
o Viking
+ Ground damage decreased from 14 to 12.

* ZERG
o Corruptor
+ Corruption energy cost decreased from 100 to 75.

o Infestor
+ Burrowed move speed increased from 1 to 2.
+ Peristalsis upgrade removed.

o Overlord/Overseer
+ Pneumatized Carapace cost increased from 50/50 to 100/100.

o Overseer
+ Infested Terran energy cost decreased from 125 to 100.

o Roach
+ Organic Carapace upgrade removed.
+ Tunneling Claws now also increases burrowed regeneration rate from 5 to 10.

o Ultralisk
+ Anabolic Synthesis upgrade removed.
+ Health increased from 450 to 500.
+ Speed increased from 2.25 to 2.9531.

Bug Fixes

* Map Publishing: the default Battle.net host now points to the correct server.
* Time Expiration notices that were added for testing of the Guest Pass functionality have been removed.
* Fixed a crash when trying to open an old replay by double-clicking it in Explorer.

raphier

Banned
ChronicleX said:
Just because you disagree with it does not make it fact or absolute. You are making even more pointless assumptions that I honestly cannot be arsed contenting with yet again. If you want to continue being a dick about 20 odd pages ago because you did not understand something then so be it, I will not stop you. However it does not change the fact your opinion is yours and yours alone, so keep it to yourself. This is not the place for it.
However, so is Yours and like you said, this is not the place for it, so stop please :p

Cru Jones

ChronicleX said:

ChronicleX said:
Time for me to laugh some more, this time at all the retards who went on and on about hiding buildings not being a viable mindgame tactic.

Well fuck you :lol
http://day9tv.blip.tv/file/3695893/

We are only beating on this horse because you decided to call everyone retards and bring it up

Cheeto said:
Better watch out, if you don't see a response in awhile... you might want to check for proxy posts in other threads.

Nah, he just won't respond for a bit and then once you go look for the proxy post, he will totally blind side you with a fake proxy post and just post again in this thread. It is really the best strategy against lowbies such as ourselves.

Mudkips

Banned
joelseph said:
My partner has been having good success with this.

It works wonders in any 2v2. T1/T2 ground with some stealthed air support is hard as fuck to deal with.

It's harder to pull off in a 1v1 without making yourself completely vulnerable, but I've had good success with using the barracks and war factory to get the tech labs up before hand and then using them as scouts/expansion blockers. If they waste time trying to hunt them down (thinking they're a proxy), that's actually good news for you because of the time wasted. Gas is always the issue, so don't be afraid to keep pumping marines for some interim defense until you get the cloak upgrade and then can sustain two starports putting out banshees.

LaneDS said:
I think we need a separate thread for ChronicleX strategy discussion.

where only chroniclex posts and currently 1 viewer: chroniclex?

Anyways in response to the custom game question, I play customs almost exclusively now. Tried almost all of the popular ones now, one of you was actually joking about how I seem to have mastered all the custom maps :lol

I really like marine arena, it's very detailed and fun but the only sad problem is that i almost have no competition when i play the damn game, I've won every single 2v2v2v2 of marine arena that I've played, even the first one. It just seems nobody knows how good armor and weapon upgrades are.

I'd really like to get a full game of evolves redux going but the updated version still isnt up yet for mass consumption. blizzard needs to change the "join custom game" interface like crazy, let the popular maps get updated and such.

Still haven't gotten past like wave 3 or 4 of sunken D or photon D because it seems inevitable that one idiot will join the game and lose it for everyone.

Foxtrot's zero clutter might as well be called foxtrot's clusterfuck because of how ridiculous it is. The resource harvesting is way too insane, you get a good thousand of minerals and gas per minute after only a few minutes of building harvesters. 1 second harvest times and 8 per trip instead of 5 makes games devolve into mass void ray matches, and zerg with their insane spawn rate with 5 or 6 hatcheries with queens basically means unlimited muta/corrupter. I, alone, fended off two protoss hitting me with everything they had, they only finally busted through my offense after both of them massed phoenix (still took them like 10 minutes even with only phoenix), I could've continued but I just left for my own sanity not wanting to start massing hydras and get into more fights. It's almost a perfect tactic: force toss to spend all their supply on phoenix with mad air harass then mass zerglings and GG.

Zen

Banned
Alright, so you guys disagree on a minor issue of low level player Psychology, something that is influenced by your own individual experiences and the culture you've individually been brought up in.We're all wiser for having seen this stunning example of sociological diversity within the beta pool for Starcraft. Now would you all shut up and stop trolling each other.

Ingeniero said:
Tried lo log in after downloading the new patch and got a window saying my graphics drivers are not updated, so aparently the new patch added a feature to scan your system and suggest software updates.

I have Nvidia forceware 197.16 btw

been there for awhile, I've been getting that for months, they just updated the current drivers list.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Cheeto said:
kaneklapqo6.gif

Patch 14

StarCraft II Beta -- Patch 14 (version 0.16.0.15580)

The latest patch notes can always be found on the StarCraft II Beta General Discussion forum.

Balance Changes
PROTOSS
Archon
Build time decreased from 17 to 12.

TERRAN
Viking
Ground damage decreased from 14 to 12.

ZERG
Corruptor
Corruption energy cost decreased from 100 to 75.

Infestor
Burrowed move speed increased from 1 to 2.
Peristalsis upgrade removed.

Overlord/Overseer
Pneumatized Carapace cost increased from 50/50 to 100/100.

Overseer
Infested Terran energy cost decreased from 125 to 100.

Roach
Organic Carapace upgrade removed.
Tunneling Claws now also increases burrowed regeneration rate from 5 to 10.

Ultralisk
Anabolic Synthesis upgrade removed.
Health increased from 450 to 500.
Speed increased from 2.25 to 2.9531.

Bug Fixes

Map Publishing: the default Battle.net host now points to the correct server.
Time Expiration notices that were added for testing of the Guest Pass functionality have been removed.
Fixed a crash when trying to open an old replay by double-clicking it in Explorer.

V_Arnold

You might wanna check if your opponent is not just a newbie, but one who FAKE PROXIED reading guides and thus he has the power to fake out being n00b too - and then you kinda have to fake an SCV rush to stop his faking first.

In other words: ChronicleX's words bear the absolute truth. We are all just blind monkeys, faking our proxy and fake proxy knowledge.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

StarCraft II Beta -- Patch 14 (version 0.16.0.15580)

The latest patch notes can always be found on the StarCraft II Beta General Discussion forum.
Balance Changes

PROTOSS

Archon
Build time decreased from 17 to 12.

TERRAN

Viking
Ground damage decreased from 14 to 12.

ZERG

Corruptor
Corruption energy cost decreased from 100 to 75.

Infestor
Burrowed move speed increased from 1 to 2.

Peristalsis upgrade removed.

Overlord/Overseer
Pneumatized Carapace cost increased from 50/50 to 100/100.

Overseer
Infested Terran energy cost decreased from 125 to 100.

Roach
Organic Carapace upgrade removed.
Tunneling Claws now also increases burrowed regeneration rate from 5 to 10.

Ultralisk
Anabolic Synthesis upgrade removed.
Health increased from 450 to 500.
Speed increased from 2.25 to 2.9531.

Bug Fixes

Map Publishing: the default Battle.net host now points to the correct server.
Time Expiration notices that were added for testing of the Guest Pass functionality have been removed.
Fixed a crash when trying to open an old replay by double-clicking it in Explorer.
Fixed a bug where Ultralisk splash damage was not being properly reduced against armored units.

Zertez

Good lord, you need to find some way to relax ChronX. You are the first person Ive ever seen who has pissed off everyone in one thread at different times. After the dozen plus people, you would think it would dawn on you, that the problem isnt with everyone else...

maniac-kun said:
does that mean that custom maps are regio locked?

probably not, it probably just lists popularity by region. If you want randoms, you'll need to have the map be popular it would appear after playing as many custom games as I have.

They really need to do something about this, I'd like a current games list, not marred by popularity contests, but also a popularity subgroup. Something similar to bnet 1.0, where you just look at the list and eventually youll see all the newest games as people make them.

Yay Archons have a lower buildtime, now we can get a shit unit we do not want faster! :lol

Zertez said:
Good lord, you need to find some way to relax ChronX. You are the first person Ive ever seen who has pissed off everyone in one thread at different times. After the dozen plus people, you would think it would dawn on you, that the problem isnt with everyone else...

If Elitest asshats have a problem with someone who does not give a shit then that is their problem not mine. I am not the one who spur out a suggestion into a new forum meme after all.

Zen

Banned
ChronicleX said:
Yay Archons have a lower buildtime, now we can get a shit unit we do not want faster! :lol

I had someone punish me for not having my detectors set up well with DTs and eventually archons - once. He won though. :lol

Oooo - Looking forward to their patch notes commentary.

Cru Jones

Ice Monkey said:
holy shit, did you see that? the time thing was for guest passes! spawn copy evolution from SC1 confirmed??

I think this was in regards to the monthly subscription model they announced for some regions

raphier

Banned
maniac-kun said:
does that mean that custom maps are regio locked?
I don't think so. It's just that players are region-locked.
People from one region jsut can't share the map through the game. I think it's a bad idea. Makes two regions have their own meta-culture, but I believe downloading it from a site makes it available other places.

Cru Jones

ChronicleX said:

If Elitest asshats have a problem with someone who does not give a shit then that is their problem not mine. I am not the one who spur out a suggestion into a new forum meme after all.

I don't think anyone here is being elitists, just having a discussion about viable strategies

Cru Jones said:
I think this was in regards to the monthly subscription model they announced for some regions

i knew about that, but they called it guest passes, hence my post. Would they really call monthly subscription guest pass?

Zertez

Corran Horn said:
Yay, slight unbuff to Roach. Should help a little with harassment, but not sure it does much for the lack of tank unit still. The Overlord nerf is ridiculous and unnecessary imo. Keeping trying with Ultralisk Blizzard, this still did little to address the issues they had. The speed is a problem, but the biggest problem is all the units in the way and the Ultra can not get around them before dying. The reduction to damage against said units did not help much either... Boost in speed will help, but the horrible pathing and collision is still a problem.

raphier said:
I don't think so. It's just that players are region-locked. People from one region jsut can't share the map through the game.
I think it's a bad idea. Makes two regions have their own meta-culture.

Maybe it will be for the best, keeping all the maps with bad teeth out of the US server?

Cru Jones

Ice Monkey said:
i knew about that, but they called it guest passes, hence my post. Would they really call monthly subscription guest pass?

On re-reading that, I think you are right. Probably similar to the functionality they have for WoW where you can refer a friend.

Zen said:
I had someone punish me for not having my detectors set up well with DTs and eventually archons - once. He won though. :lol

Oooo - Looking forward to their patch notes commentary.
Me too. Also, hoping they fix the silent menu glitch.

Zen

Banned
Cru Jones said:
I don't think anyone here is being elitists, just having a discussion about viable strategies

That's a bald faced lie if I've ever heard one, just drop it - all of you.

msv

Ice Monkey said:
probably not, it probably just lists popularity by region. If you want randoms, you'll need to have the map be popular it would appear after playing as many custom games as I have.

They really need to do something about this, I'd like a current games list, not marred by popularity contests, but also a popularity subgroup. Something similar to bnet 1.0, where you just look at the list and eventually youll see all the newest games as people make them.
I think they are, I checked the entire list and nexus wars isn't in it. No way to get popular if it isn't in the list.

joelseph said:
Does Blizz play Protoss? They seem to not get it.

be more descriptive, what don't you think they get? is this a response to the archon stuff? a lesser build time is a good buff to the way pros use archons, as a way to give manaless high temps something else to do.

Zertez

maniac-kun said:
ultralisk gets changed a lot now he is a little faster maybe he is a little less useless now
Being a little faster will help in fights in open areas, but the majority of times Toss and Terrans do not want to fight in these areas. They dictate the fights most of the time as well, so the boost in speed is pretty useless. I guess now Ultras will get to see the corner edge of a force field now before dying.

The Lamonster said:
Me too. Also, hoping they fix the silent menu glitch.

they said this was because of something involving the final sounds not being in beta, maybe they are still tweaking them and wanted to get rid of the old cruft in the meantime.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Zertez said:
Being a little faster will help in fights in open areas, but the majority of times Toss and Terrans do not want to fight in these areas. They dictate the fights most of the time as well, so the boost in speed is pretty useless. I guess now Ultras will get to see the corner edge of a force field now before dying.

thought ultras can bypass forcefields.

Ice Monkey said:
they said this was because of something involving the final sounds not being in beta, maybe they are still tweaking them and wanted to get rid of the old cruft in the meantime.
Oh, interesting. I thought it sounded fine before. Can't wait to see the finished product in a couple months. I already asked off work :D

Zen said:

If you did not have your detectors up proper, why did he not just keep the DT's? :lol Surely he could of used them to stop you getting detection.

On a side note I am having a rather high success rate with probe rushing Terrans on Steeps of War. I might even use it in the Dia league once the ladder is fixed :lol

Bisonian

maniac-kun said:
ultralisk gets changed a lot now he is a little faster maybe he is a little less useless now

Pretty sure it's not really faster, you just get the speed upgrade innately. It's still a decent change - Ultralisks are so fucking far down the tech tree that having to get 2 upgrades after the fact (armor and speed) was ridiculous.

trin3785 said:
thought ultras can bypass forcefields.

They do pass through forcefields. Not sure what that post was referring to with ultras making the corner edge of a forcefield. Now they make it through the forcefield then die shortly after.

watervengeance said:
I still think it's hilarious that they're trying to make Infested Terrans usable.

what im interested in trying, maybe in foxtrot's zero clutter, is massing overseers (no supply cost, right?) and rushing with around 1000 of them, then spam infested terrans (no supply cost), bog down the game and win as the other team has no idea what to do.

only no supply cost attack unit in the entire game ftw?

msv said:
I think they are, I checked the entire list and nexus wars isn't in it. No way to get popular if it isn't in the list.

its amazingly frustrating but only when it actually affects you i suppose. For example, evolves redux v .21 or something would crash upon loading every single time for 5-10 times, but was in the popular games list. This was probably popular because nobody could start the game so they just kept trying over and over, making it more and more popular.

The later version v .27 or something was available if you searched for and created it, but nobody would join because it wasnt anywhere to be found in the join game list.

The even sadder thing is I tried to game the system by joining one of the billions of v .21 games and tell everyone how it was bugged and we should make a chat and do the v .27 one together, nobody listened and the idiot host just started the game anyway.

Theres basically the problems with the current custom games feature in a nutshell.

Ice Monkey said:
what im interested in trying, maybe in foxtrot's zero clutter, is massing overseers (no supply cost, right?) and rushing with around 1000 of them, then spam infested terrans (no supply cost), bog down the game and win as the other team has no idea what to do.

only no supply cost attack unit in the entire game ftw?

Only if you have a ridiculous amount of money to spend and want to humiliate the opponent at the end game. Definitely not a viable strategy in a real game.

How many Infested Terrans does it take to one shot a worker I wonder?

Contaminate is far more useful.

Top Bottom