• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

91m59e.jpg

:lol

Anyone want to 2v2 or 4v4 on my other map? (8 players is a long shot, but worth trying). I'm also down to ladder with anyone in any mode, just let me know.

eosos

Banned
-COOLIO- said:
your computer is literally too good

is that i7 overclocked?
Maybe the game isn't working for the GTX480s?

edit: same thing is happening with Star Wars: Force Unleashed...

Ashhong

cramcakes said:
:lol , in my defense I had a squirming 15 month old in my lap hitting the spacebar and I was ready for the match to be over. In hind site I should had went after zealous. But yeah, great game. Could one of you guys post the full replay? I wanted to stay and watch but in ffa you are denied that.

i was depressed after being pretty much taken out and left to die alone :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ashhong said:
i took you out!
only because i pulled back after killing your expo because i felt the eyes of mr. killimcgoo mass viking on my backside. >_>

also i realized i was out of bases to basetrade with.

then you sniped my drone heading for an expo. jerk.

Ashhong

Pandaman said:
only because i pulled back after killing your expo because i felt the eyes of mr. killimcgoo mass viking on my backside. >_>

also i realized i was out of bases to basetrade with.

then you sniped my drone heading for an expo. jerk.

its how i do :) i do realize i probably should have been out of the game way earlier though :lol

K.Sabot

Holy shits, I just had the longest game ever. Fucking 1 hour and 42 minutes of a guy camping the two islands on Desert Oasis. He covered the islands with nothing but anti-air guns and only built air units. I had to keep playing until he ran out of minerals to build with. Fuck, I wish he quit after I destroyed his main with a bunch of Colossi.

By the way, does anyone remember what unit reveals cloaked units for Protoss? I sure as hell don't.

Cohsae

K.Sabot said:
Holy shits, I just had the longest game ever. Fucking 1 hour and 42 minutes of a guy camping the two islands on Desert Oasis. He covered the islands with nothing but anti-air guns and only built air units. I had to keep playing until he ran out of minerals to build with. Fuck, I wish he quit after I destroyed his main with a bunch of Colossi.

By the way, does anyone remember what unit reveals cloaked units for Protoss? I sure as hell don't.
Observers I believe.

IceMarker

Sorry I haven't played in a while guys, few questions to those of you who have still been playing...

1) Has the freezing mid-match stopped?
2) Has the lag gone down in 3v3, 4v4, etc. matches?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
MrMister said:
Sorry I haven't played in a while guys, few questions to those of you who have still been playing...

1) Has the freezing mid-match stopped?
2) Has the lag gone down in 3v3, 4v4, etc. matches?
1. I haven't froze yet, haven't play tons of games though.
2. You still get some lag in 4v4...but its ALOT better than before. Now the lag seems to be the player and not the game.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ashhong said:
i thought u were lying...lol and u didnt protect me! i got stomped on by banshees

I still find it funny you guys just sorta let me do my thing. I was scared as shit of cram with his mass mutas which is why I made so many vikings instead of more banshees. But then you guys killed him and I could finally expand without interference. :lol

ZealousD

Holy shit I just watched the replay. Apparently Panda had a whole force of zerglings at my expansion while it was still going up and did nothing but run away. Why didn't you snipe it??

Ashhong

well if you watch me in the replay you'll see i had pretty much no choice after you rocked my main with banshees and left me to die. just massed some stalkers and finished off panda while i sitll could :lol

ZealousD

Ashhong said:
well if you watch me in the replay you'll see i had pretty much no choice after you rocked my main with banshees and left me to die. just massed some stalkers and finished off panda while i sitll could :lol

No, I'm pretty sure I understood why you didn't attack back. But Panda literally had his zerglings right on top of my command center while it was still under construction and then pulled them ALL back for no apparent reason at all. And cram was so scared of my missile turrets that he just decided he didn't want to deal with me.

Effect

Anyone have any thoughts on making your first command center a Planetary Fortress? Good idea to deal with early harassment or bad idea all together?

Cheeto

Effect said:
Anyone have any thoughts on making your first command center a Planetary Fortress? Good idea to deal with early harassment or bad idea all together?
You'll be really behind if you don't have mules mining early.

Sarye

Effect said:

I think it's a bad idea because early econ is so important and without mules you could fall behind.

Now having said that, the game evolves constantly and maybe someone will make it work.

Fake edit:
in another slump and lost 5 in a row. I need to get through my head to not 1a my army. In a lot of my games, I was ahead in minerals and in army but because I can't attack properly, I just get demolished =\

Won

It also requires the Engineering Bay. Extra early investment and less income for something that might actually not happen doesn't pay off.

fanboi

Banned
Won said:
It also requires the Engineering Bay. Extra early investment and less income for something that might actually not happen doesn't pay off.

Won what is your email? Knives need it for tournament :)

Sykra, I need yours to!

fanboi

Banned
Awwww... you can trust me!

I will not give it to him either! :|

EDIT: Or just add me... then I can invite you two together and make so you can play!

Bisonian

Effect said:

If you are walling off your front door, what are you really worried about hitting your CC that early?

iamblades

Effect said:

there are only 2 places I use the planetary fortress.

First is pretty much anytime I take the high yield.

Second is the natural on Kulas Ravine. I build another orbital command and fly it to the expo on the high ground behind the rocks before taking the natural. You put a couple tanks on the high ground on each side, and you are basically invincible to ground attack.

Tried some hydralisk/ultralisk builds after the patch and it worked pretty nicely. I think I'll start incorporating them into my ground strategies more now

cramcakes

ZealousD said:
No, I'm pretty sure I understood why you didn't attack back. But Panda literally had his zerglings right on top of my command center while it was still under construction and then pulled them ALL back for no apparent reason at all. And cram was so scared of my missile turrets that he just decided he didn't want to deal with me.

I think I could have done a lot more damage but you sent your banshees towards my base and cloaked when I followed. After running home to get detection and thwart the attack (that never did come) I figured you would have more surprises waiting if I attacked again.:lol

iamblades

jasonng said:
Wow, quite the promotion. I went from rank 11 in Silver to rank 5 in Gold. What's going with their ladder system?

Those kind of jumps always happens, the system only reclassifies you every certain number of matches, so you jump a lot.

The in division rankings that you see are based solely on the points, which is just a function of games played mostly. Its the MMR that decides what league you are in though, and that is only updated every so often.

jasonng said:
Wow, quite the promotion. I went from rank 11 in Silver to rank 5 in Gold. What's going with their ladder system?

Do not play any games for around 1 hour and you will fall to around rank 50. Whenever you go up a league it is normally a fresh one.

fanboi said:
Yes? The EU one? :)

The one I am currently running out of cider waiting to play in. I am going to be annoyed if I run out............

Effect

Thanks. I figured it might not be a good idea but was curious.

Do units do more damage as they gain ranks or is it just for show and a way to determine how many kills they have?

ZealousD

cramcakes said:
I think I could have done a lot more damage but you sent your banshees towards my base and cloaked when I followed. After running home to get detection and thwart the attack (that never did come) I figured you would have more surprises waiting if I attacked again.:lol

Yeah, I figured with all those mutas you would have killed them easily enough if you had detection, so I decided to see if I could bother Panda instead, but he had spore crawlers =X

mcrae

ChronicleX said:
Do not play any games for around 1 hour and you will fall to around rank 50. Whenever you go up a league it is normally a fresh one.

The one I am currently running out of cider waiting to play in. I am going to be annoyed if I run out............

the concept of creating new leagues to promote people to is ridiculous. new leagues are only created when more people join the beta, otherwise it would de-populate current leagues.

mcrae said:
the concept of creating new leagues to promote people to is ridiculous. new leagues are only created when more people join the beta, otherwise it would de-populate current leagues.

Everytime I have been promoted there were only around 8-12 people in the league including me, within one hour there was around 80. It has happened all 4 times I started at the bottom + worked my way up.

I wish there was an overall ladder. The current ladder is dumb because of how the system populates it. Being ranked 1 means nothing if there's only 10 people in it.

watervengeance said:
I wish there was an overall ladder. The current ladder is dumb because of how the system populates it. Being ranked 1 means nothing if there's only 10 people in it.

It would be even better if was dynamic and only people online in your league appeared, so you could see how you rank against people currently playing.

mcrae

ChronicleX said:
Everytime I have been promoted there were only around 8-12 people in the league including me, within one hour there was around 80. It has happened all 4 times I started at the bottom + worked my way up.

so once again you're making generalizations based solely on personal experience without regard to common logic?

Top Bottom