• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Pai Pai Master said:
Rally point from anything is no longer attack-move.

Yeah I got that, but...seems especially shitty for Nydus rally since...well...it worked so well lol.

Edit: Just loaded up for the first time, is there supposed to be no sound/music in Bnet? Also add me!

"VertigoONE"

Edit 2: I have no sound at all...wtf.

MisterAnderson said:
Yeah I got that, but...seems especially shitty for Nydus rally since...well...it worked so well lol.

Edit: Just loaded up for the first time, is there supposed to be no sound/music in Bnet? Also add me!

"VertigoONE"

need your number id broski

wait dont tell me your number is 1, that'd be awesome.

Random tidbits I picked up on TeamLiquid in regards to the new patch:

-Void Rays can now do the "Fazing" trick posted a while ago even when they're fully charged.
-Gateway <-> Warp Gate transformation time increased from 3 to 10
-Hallucinated Collosi no longer break forcefields
-Better Medivac AI (Credit to our ZealousD)
-Some kind of different MBS for Terran Tech Lab/Reactors (not even gonna try to understand this)

smh, I think I'm gonna try changing races. Protoss was getting boring anyway.

AHHHH. So annoying. I have ZERO sound (bnet menus and in-game) and I'm currently unable to login the bnet forums to post about my issue.

"An error occurred while retrieving this character. Please try again in a few minutes."

Bah, I want to plays :(

I guess I'll try downloading it on my laptop to see if it works on there.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
watervengeance said:
-Better Medivac AI (Credit to our ZealousD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfChi0eJ_KE

-Some kind of different MBS for Terran Tech Lab/Reactors (not even gonna try to understand this)

Basically, all buildings of the same type can be grouped together, regardless of whether or not they have the same add-on or not. The game will attempt to build each unit in the "best" building. But because the process can ultimately be subjective once you start having multiple units queued of different types, it's less than optimal if you're trying to queue a ton of units at once.

ZealousD said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfChi0eJ_KE

Basically, all buildings of the same type can be grouped together, regardless of whether or not they have the same add-on or not. The game will attempt to build each unit in the "best" building. But because the process can ultimately be subjective once you start having multiple units queued of different types, it's less than optimal if you're trying to queue a ton of units at once.

so if I have 2 rax selected (1 with reactor and 1 with tech lab) and spam the A key, the game will properly queue up marines in the reactor rax?

previously, i would have to hit my hotkey for the rax control group, then tab to tab over to the rax with the reactor, then spam A

If I understand this properly, this is awesome! Saves me a keystroke and alleviates me from having to inevitably cancel units and then re-queue them at the proper building.

Calantus

CcrooK said:
Hrm. Yeah. Pro is getting somewhat stale. Maybe I'll try Zerg now though they seem kinda complex.

They really aren't that much more complex, once you get used to the larva, it's relatively simple. Though it does have a much higher skill ceiling than the other races.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
MrCompletely said:
so if I have 2 rax selected (1 with reactor and 1 with tech lab) and spam the A key, the game will properly queue up marines in the reactor rax?

For the first two. After that, it'll move them over to the tech lab building.

The game tries to optimize so that units come out faster. So if you're building an MM group, you want to queue up your marauders first.

Whats the point in blizzard releasing patch notes if they do not put the changes in the patch notes? :lol

Plus side fasin or watever it is called working with fully charged rays will spell doom for queens trying to defend against fast ray. It might even be possible for a single ray to take out 2 queens if it entered the battle fully charged. I'll have to test that when the EU servers finally get up. However it still does not make up for all the other random un-needed protoss nerfs uurrrg......

LowParry

Calantus said:
They really aren't that much more complex, once you get used to the larva, it's relatively simple. Though it does have a much higher skill ceiling than the other races.

Yeah. I got some work to do with Zerg. Probably use AI to develop my rotations to start. If not, Terran. I'll still play Pro but I need to mix it up a bit.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
does the game seem to be a little more technologically demanding for anyone else? i think im getting lower frames with just a mid game army.

Sound works on my laptop. Going to try updating my sound driver on my desktop and see if that sorts out this issue...

By the way my id code is: 961 and name is "VertigoONE" (used to be PyroGX)

-COOLIO- said:
does the game seem to be a little more technologically demanding for anyone else? i think im getting lower frames with just a mid game army.

Out of curiosity, are you playing a higher level AI? I haven't had time to play yet but I'd hate to hear that it's running worse.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Felix Lighter said:
Out of curiosity, are you playing a higher level AI? I haven't had time to play yet but I'd hate to hear that it's running worse.
against players, maybe it's just me though.

LaneDS

Posted a few pages back but my fans go bonkers when I play the game now. This did not happen at all in months of playing it before the beta went away.

Chris R

1-1 in the two games I've played so far. I was too slow switching from a heavy ground force to one that can counter mass void rays so I got pwned :(

So for the 2nd game I just massed void rays since it was on Desert Oasis :D

Milabrega

Not gonna make a list this time since its only going to be live for 11 days before it gets removed again before launch. I added everyone on this page, will go back and add some more.

On now: Milabrega 744

LowParry

Man. I'm trying to learn new races and letting my teammates carry me and end up losing. I feel bad but I'm so sick and tired of AI battles.

gillFTR

im going to pick up my new rig tmw perfect timing with reopening the beta.

i7 930
6gb ram
radeon hd 5870
P6t mobo

and new 27 inch asus monitor :D

I wonder how its going to run.

axiomnightmare

Neo Member
Finally got the Beta to work and managed to get a few games in. Was rusty at first but managed to pick it all up again and was able to work my way up the ladder.

Chris R

-1 placement matches left now for 1v1 :lol Just had a nice early game PvP on LT. My micro has improved slightly so I was able to kill his two zealots with my 3 with 0 actual damage done, and from there it was a pretty easy win. Need to work on keeping up with my macro while I micro though :(

eosos

Banned
I am getting an extremely low FPS at the login menu and throughout the game. This has been happening for a couple of patches now too. Before patch 16 I think I could run everything max with 60FPS. It's like 3 FPS now. Anyone have a solution for this? I realllly want to play again!

yanhero

MisterAnderson said:
AHHHH. So annoying. I have ZERO sound (bnet menus and in-game) and I'm currently unable to login the bnet forums to post about my issue.

"An error occurred while retrieving this character. Please try again in a few minutes."

Bah, I want to plays :(

I guess I'll try downloading it on my laptop to see if it works on there.

Try putting it to Stereo.

robochimp

-COOLIO- said:

My fans are turning on whenever I'm playing, it didn't do that before

Top Bottom