• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

zoukka said:
Still no EU beta ;__;

And for the love of god, someone please confirm if Infestor has Infested Terrans anymore!!!1

why is this so important? I think during some of the AI games i was playing, i saw an infestor cast an infested terran. Didnt they remove frenzy?

zoukka

The biggest changes for me are the SUPER BOOSTED forcefields. I can't imagine what was going through in someones mind.

And the mind control for infestors... come on.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Wow, I used to be kind of okay enough for a gold ranking, but after the beta has come back I'm not even having luck in the bronze league. Really doing terrible.

zoukka

Morbid Angel said:
Yeah that was pretty awesome. Best ZvZ I've seen so far.

I dunno... it lost it's tension steadily much because two pro macro-machines tend not to do anything crazy.

At least Sen learned to make some overseers in the future I hope.

Belgorim

ZealousD said:
Just a reminder in case you missed it the past couple of days. I posted the entire Starcraft 1 story arc on YouTube. From the very first Terran mission to the Brood War finale. If you need a recap of the story before SC2, you'll want to watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob4h...t&p=F9226B77F797043B&playnext_from=PL&index=0
I just finished watching through it all, thanks a lot for that, was great seeing it all again without having to play through it :)

Cant wait for the new campaign!

I'm not altogether confident SC makes for a good campaign. I was utterly bored with the actual gameplay in SC/BW's; and although I thought War3/TFT were much, much improved, I worry that has more to do with the scope of the game.

I think the Beta almost killed my PC last night.

I was on about my 4th game in a row, and I got the blue screen of death. When I rebooted it said my CPU was overheating. I just shut off it for the night.

Thankfully, its working fine this morning, but shit that scared me. I have had my PC for about 2 years and that's the first time that has happened to me.

Anyone else running into any problems like that with the latest version of the Beta? I know some folks have been saying its running slower, and giving their fans more of a work out.

FoxSpirit

Euro people should go and look, there's a crack out letting you play against the AI by loading maps in the map editor. So can at least can play during the weekend ;-)

thefil

I am so bad at this :lol

I just lost to a marauder rush. My strategy was just to go zealots with charge and maybe a sentry or two. I ended up losing because I was too slow, but I'm curious how charge zealots hold up against marauders in general.

*Edit* Also, I think I got placed in the wrong league. All my placement matches were against fairly amateur people (lots of cannons, no macro, etc) against whom I was pretty evenly matched (yes I suck), but now that I'm in a league everyone seems to play much better.

Hello GAF people! I'm rocking SC2 hard and gonna squeeze as much games as possible.

Add me: mustafa

I'm not gosu but im not noobish either. Just starting to get some builds going on.

thefil said:

I just lost to a marauder rush. My strategy was just to go zealots with charge and maybe a sentry or two. I ended up losing because I was too slow, but I'm curious how charge zealots hold up against marauders in general.

Switch to immortals for countering marauders.

Bisonian

To the people posting their names on this page, you need your name plus your identifier for people to add you. The identifier is a completely random 3 digit number given to you when you created the account. The easiest way to find it is to hover over your portrait picture in the top right, although I'm sure it's somewhere on the profile page too.

You'll end up with something like this: <name>.###

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Blizzard update, eu servers should be up by end of day US time, so about 12 ish hours (PDT)

Cru Jones

mescalineeyes said:
DO NOT UPDATE TO 10.6.4 IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO PLAY THIS ON A MAC.

Input lag > 2 seconds.

I am playing as Protoss on a PC and any time I try and shift click to build multiple pylons, I get incredible lag. Also, I can no longer shift click to deselect from a group (IE. when transferring over probes to an expo).

I guess I should put a ticket in the system, that's what the beta is for :)

Cru Jones said:
I am playing as Protoss on a PC and any time I try and shift click to build multiple pylons, I get incredible lag. Also, I can no longer shift click to deselect from a group (IE. when transferring over probes to an expo).

I guess I should put a ticket in the system, that's what the beta is for :)

even the menu lags on the mac. the performance is severely down, too.

and you can't stay on 10.6.3 either because SC2 requires 10.6.4.

I am beyond pissed.

mescalineeyes said:

I am beyond pissed.
This beta has always sucked on Macs. Ridiculous.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
thefil said:

if i were to mass one terran ground unit to take on chargelots, it'd be marauders with concussion.

it probably does an even better job then hellions and ignitor.

mcrae

mescalineeyes said:

I am beyond pissed.

its beta, its free, you have no right to be pissed

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
-COOLIO- said:
if i were to mass one terran ground unit to take on chargelots, it'd be marauders with concussion.

it probably does an even better job then hellions and ignitor.

Marauders with concussion are good against unupgraded zealots, but not chargelots. No, hellions with igniter are a better option.

Especially once you consider that if they have mass zealot, they probably have sentries too. You won't be dancing for long if there's force fields blocking the way.

Top Bottom