• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Smash88

Banned
Thank you for contacting me regarding this issue. If your keys are in use, then they have already been claimed to another Battle.net account. At this time, legacy titles cannot be removed from a Battle.net account. If you would like to see this as an option in the future, please feel free to post your feedback on our Battle.net suggestions forum at http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?forumId=11122.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me directly or give us a call. Billing representatives are on hand to take your call seven days a week between 8am and 8pm Pacific Time, at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (800-592-5499). Customers in Australia should call 1-800-041-378.

Are you serious? I have never claimed them. This is ridiculous. Well looks like I'm going to send them another email and if that doesn't work I will call them. If that doesn't work, I will refuse to buy another Blizzard title. I won't be sad. If this is how they treat their customers, by making them post feedback or and option in the future, and we all know what the future means with Blizzard. I am seriously disappointed in Blizzard.

Oh and I've even offered to provide them my cd-keys.

Milabrega

Wave 2 Started ehh!!!! Lets hope Blizzard noticed all the starcraft 1 I've been playing and how valuable to the beta I....

FUCK! There goes that theory! I've updated the list you lucky bastards.

How many more goats do you want me to sacrifice Blizzard? I can only watch so many replays before I curl up into a fetal position wondering what could have been :(

sdornan

Pretty sure this either a second wave or part two of the first wave. The number of peers in an unofficial torrent for the client has jumped substantially in the past 30 mins or so. (1000 > 1300)

Milabrega

Trasher said:
People on here who haven't even been to Blizzcon have gotten keys tonight. So not the case.

It could be that they are just too shameful to admit they poneyed up the $300 for a key off ebay. :lol

With Diablo 3 beta looming and Blizzcon tickets $125, I can see that shit selling out in a second this year. Free trip to Blizzcon and a decent roi.

TheExodu5

Banned
What the hell is your definition of wave anyways? If you look at a graph of invites/day it should form peaks on a graph, and therefore, waves. This is a wave, FFS.

Door2Dawn

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
What the hell is your definition of wave anyways? If you look at a graph of invites/day it should form peaks on a graph, and therefore, waves. This is a wave, FFS.
Yeah but not the second wave, FFS

Fugu

The peak amount of players (ever) before today was about 2700. Right now, it's 2 AM on the east coast and there are 2500 players active. It's safe to say that the amount of new invites doled out was, at the very least, small compared to the original pool.

EDIT: Now there's 2700.

I was under the impression that invites would be trickling out, with 'waves' noting large influx of invites. Namely the very first wave, or the start of the invites, and then rumor had it there would be another large wave two weeks after the first. Seems to make the most sense.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Watch them prioritize people with Starcraft in the games list and me not get one because I lost my key at least twice. :[

Cohsae

Hazaro said:
Watch them prioritize people with Starcraft in the games list and me not get one because I lost my key at least twice. :[
That just means that you bought Starcraft more than once! You're sure to get in.

Yeah I also made the mistake of signing up for the beta on my mac a while back. I registered again with my new PC not that long ago, but I guess I am too late :(

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Hazaro said:
i hope that's the case. i bought the StarCraft Anthology about a year ago :)

Trasher

Door2Dawn said:
It is the case ffs. The MAJORITY of keys has been sent to blizzcon attenders.
If people who HAVEN'T been to Blizzcon are getting invites then NO that is not the case. Majority or not, people who weren't at Blizzcon have been getting invites in this "second" wave too. smh

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Cohsae said:
That just means that you bought Starcraft more than once! You're sure to get in.
I should send them my Brood War CD. I played it so much on a G3 Mac that it can't even install past 60% and when I played with it online and had to read data from the CD it would error and I would lag for 20 seconds while I was panicking and hitting the CD drive (and ejecting) so bNet wouldn't drop me :lol

Good times.

KuroNeeko

Just curious, but which streams are you watching to get your fix?

I've been checking out HuskyStarcraft and HDStarcraft on YouTube. Any other good sources?

dbsmcfc

Neo Member
I think someone post here earlier that a Mac client is being developed and will be out later. And since the Mac-based Opt-in is significantly smaller than the PC-based Opt-in, I think the chances of getting a Mac client invite is much higher than PC (if the Mac comes out that is)

MedIC86

Got a beta key this morning (no blizzcon code btw) and have no starcraft 1 registered (altho all other blizzard games)....i'm beginning to wonder if this has anything to do with me re-activitating my world of warcraft account :lol

Oh God, seems like I just received a genuine key.

Be sure to check your mailboxes seeing how the game didn't magically appear on my b.net profile and I received mine via opt-in.

Kinda fucked I got it while on the commute to work, but hey :lol

KuroNeeko

chris-013 said:
Still no key ; ;

And some guys received 2 keys... (first and second wave)

@.@;;

How is that even possible? Blizzcon + Opt-in? Opening multiple accounts?

Is there even a point to sending the same guy more than one key?

Steaks

Just got a key (this isn't an alert to check your emails). Sometimes you really don't know who you've helped until they pay you back.

See you guys in game!

Enosh

Smash88 said:
Are you serious? I have never claimed them. This is ridiculous. Well looks like I'm going to send them another email and if that doesn't work I will call them. If that doesn't work, I will refuse to buy another Blizzard title. I won't be sad. If this is how they treat their customers, by making them post feedback or and option in the future, and we all know what the future means with Blizzard. I am seriously disappointed in Blizzard.

Oh and I've even offered to provide them my cd-keys.
I've got a mail saying
Please mail the following materials:
1) The CD Case. If the CD case is also missing please send in the manual in its place. If you have the manual or the CD case, then you DO NOT need to send us the CD. If you do not have the CD case or manual, then the CD itself can be sent in. In this case please package the CD carefully; we are not responsible for any damage occurring from mailing the CD to us.
2) A $10 US dollar money order payable to Blizzard Entertainment is required for each CD-Key to cover processing costs; no personal check or cash will be accepted. If it has been less than 90 days since you have purchased the game and you include a copy of the sales receipt showing the purchase date within 90 days, the $10 fee will be waived.

There will be no charge to replace your CD-Key as long as you send in the original CD case with the original CD-Key sticker attached to it. The $10 money order requirement is waived if the requested case with original key is provided. You will need to mail in the CD case for the replacement CD-Key to the PO Box listed above in these circumstances. All other submissions will require the money order for the processing fee.

3) A completed Replacement Packing Form (found here: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=24683.)

Please send all necessary materials to the following address:
CD-Key Replacement
Blizzard Entertainment
P.O.Box18979
Irvine, CA 92623

which is a kinda stupid thing to do given that for the cost of doing this, I can just buy the game again and get a (hopefully) working CD-key and I don't need to actualy wait some month that they do some shit -.-

thinking about buying WoW for 12€ anyway ^^

celebi23

A little piece of advice for those worrying about getting a key:
At the start of the WoTLK beta test, I opted-in (via the WoW website) & forgot about it for awhile. In early August 2008, I went with my family to my Grandparent's house on Cape Cod for a week. While checking my email on afternoon, I saw that I had got the key (nearly had a heart attack, never thought I'd get in).

I then preceeded to try & download the client installer files (~3GB) on what was essentially a 56K connection (borrowing the shitty wifi connection from the neighbors, grandparents actually just had a 56K modem :lol). So, what I guess I'm trying to say is that a watched pot never boils :lol If you were meant to get in, you will. If you weren't, don't get upset over it. It is just a game afterall :lol

Still haven't won, but I just had my best match. FFA where I ended up being one of the last two people. Terran v. Protoss; Siege Tanks v. Behemoths; A Shitton Of My Units v. A Mothership. He just had better economy going than me, leading to my eventual defeat. :(

ThatGuy

It could happen that you get invited twice when you use a Blizzcon key and opt in additional or have some friend who works at Blizzard who put you on the list. :)

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
zoukka said:
I was wondering... is this US only beta?
http://www.starcraft2.com/beta-faq.xml

When does the StarCraft II beta test start?

We don’t have an exact start date to share at this time, but note that when it does begin, we will be adding additional regions to the beta test in phases. North America, Australia, and New Zealand will be the first regions to begin beta testing, and other regions will follow afterward in phases. We will have more information to share about all of these phases in the future.
course that was put on the site at about June last year.

Top Bottom