• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

zoukka

73 Gold League. I'm so goddamn happy :D I'm a complete noob, but roach rushing works like a charm. Now I can receive the punishment and get better at this.

JonAmikar

Ignorant Scrub
Man, this is getting ridiculous.

SC2 is set to be the best game in eight years and all I can do is watch other people play it on YouTube or Justin.tv.

Apath

Still haven't gotten in on either of my battle.net accounts, but I can remain patient as long as the editor isn't released.

aznpxdd

After playing for 3 weeks or so, I just realized they took away the classic sound of marines/bats using stim! They need to bring that back.

zoukka

Ok and got raped in the Gold Division. Time to come up with something new :/

And from 25 games I've faced Zerg's once.

Played some matches with GAFers, pretty cool. Dunno if his SC name is the same as his name here, but Mint is pretty badass at terran. We went back and forth in 2v2s before going 1 on 1, at which point he crushed me.

Trasher

zoukka said:
73 Gold League. I'm so goddamn happy :D I'm a complete noob, but roach rushing works like a charm. Now I can receive the punishment and get better at this.
That's pretty lame. :lol But this is the reason for beta testing!

aznpxdd

Heh, I just played a random 2v2 game in platinum and my teammate went went mass phoenixes, it was actually quite effective. From what I see, they are great harassing/support units, especially against zerg. He had a group of 6-8 and while I was the main attack force, he would use the beam on random units and pretty much kill it instantly in the air with his other phoenixes (especially if they are light armored). I think I might need to try that strat sometime...in a 3v3. i don't want to piss off my only allie if it doesn't work.

Give us 3v3 already Blizzard, damnit!

zoukka

Trasher said:
That's pretty lame. :lol But this is the reason for beta testing!

Yeah I was actually hoping for better resistance, because I knew I would get decimated in silver/gold divisions. Tomorrow I want some gaffer matches. Someone who knows the basics, but is nothing like these gold dudes... I don't stand a chance :lol

zoukka.fin

aznpxdd

Trasher said:
Does that even work? Seems like it wouldn't.

Not sure if Blizzard keeps track if your PC's spec or not. But I doubt anyone is gonna share with a stranger online.

zoukka said:
What's the best counter for stalkers with zerg? I tend to leave lings undeveloped and I guess that's the price :/

Roaches with some decent micro shits on toss early tier units.

Miroku

mass roaches will beat almost any protoss player, roaches will even demolish collosi if toss doesn't have a million zealots to keep the roaches out of range.

arotator

Neo Member
WTF. I just got back from a long vacation overseas and realized I could download the client. To my knowledge no beta key has been sent. I am downloading it now, but will I be able to play?

If this actually works so many people on here are going to hate me. This thing could have been used for the past 2+ weeks. Check that, I'll even hate myself for going to Europe instead of playing SC2.

clip

arotator said:
WTF. I just got back from a long vacation overseas and realized I could download the client. To my knowledge no beta key has been sent. I am downloading it now, but will I be able to play?

If this actually works so many people on here are going to hate me. This thing could have been used for the past 2+ weeks. Check that, I'll even hate myself for going to Europe instead of playing SC2.

The client is available for anyone to download. In order to play over Battle.net, you need a SCII beta key associated with your account.

Kinyou

What's actually up with that little SC2 beta logo in the battle.net account menu?

I always feel like i need to click it but i just get's me to the beta profile settings...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
darkpaladinmfc said:
Aren't Immortals good versus Roaches?
Not when they have 12 roaches and you have 1 immortal building at 50%.
It packs a ridiculous punch at 50 damage a shot and only takes 10 (vs 16) with it's shield from roaches. If you can get it out in time and use a sentry to force field it into shooting 1 at a time you can maybe hold off the initial push, but then zerg masses mutalisks and you auto lose. :lol

isny

napkin dispenser
Kinyou said:
What's actually up with that little SC2 beta logo in the battle.net account menu?

I always feel like i need to click it but i just get's me to the beta profile settings...

That's been there since the new Battle.net launched. It's there just to taunt you.

Raide

Houston3000 said:
Can I install the beta on any of my computers / multiple computers or am I limited to the one listed in my Battle.net profile?

I think you can install it on any PC since it uses your Battle.net Info to authenticate your access. I have an Authenticator for WoW and it asks for that when I log in to SC2. I think you can only have 1 Battle.net account logged in at one time though.

aznpxdd said:
After playing for 3 weeks or so, I just realized they took away the classic sound of marines/bats using stim! They need to bring that back.

This is one thing I've been meaning to make a thread about-a LOT of the distinctive sounds from the first game-the hydralisk spit, the sound of stim, and the noise of a zergling beating on something-are MUCH less pronounced in this game, to the point of maybe being too subtle. Audio clues are key for both players and observers, so I hope that they can rework those sounds a bit to be more pronouced. Attacking and associated actions are intentionally noisy for a reason.

Pro tip for everyone-instead of being a one-trick pony and trying to win with one-base all in play every game (like 50% of the players out there), instead try to think about everything in terms of "what can I do to expand my economy and subsequent unit production as much as possible while ensuring I don't lose to stupid cheese and all in builds". Once you start reliably answering that question, you'll be better situating yourself to the developing SC2 metagame instead of eventually being left with practiced builds and trained reflexes which aren't as useful.

This goes for 1v1. Dunno about anything else since the only time I'll play this game in any other way is UMS.

Milabrega

I've updated the list.

Nos_G said:
Anyone new to the beta want to play? I tried joining a few games but the other ppl left the lobby.

Add me NosG

I'm about to get on, your battle.net ID should be two names seperated by a period "___.___" Add me Milabrega.Mila and send me a message, or anyone else who wants to play.

fugimax

I got in, I got in!

This was on a second account I registered a spare copy of WC3 with. My real account, which has tons of games registered, has not gotten in.

Trasher

fugimax said:
I got in, I got in!

This was on a second account I registered a spare copy of WC3 with. My real account, which has tons of games registered, has not gotten in.
Same computer specs on each account?

I finally realized what the decreasing bar on the hatch/lair/hive means.

I feel dumb now.

I'm really liking the queen aspect of the zerg, once I got used to it. It helps curb my inexplicable ability to have extra resources by allowing me to spawn extra larva.

fugimax

The account I got in with was a second account I registered with my iMac booted into windows. The other account has the iMac in Mac OS.

I registered the second account about 1.5-2 weeks ago.

suaveric

fugimax said:
The account I got in with was a second account I registered with my iMac booted into windows. The other account has the iMac in Mac OS.

wat

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
fugimax said:

tumblr_kqbxkc8F5b1qa242jo1_500.gif

Im not gonna get into this beta for ff14 I have a feeling :/

I swear that everyone who gets into the beta has only signed up recently. Everyone else has signed up day 1, and they didn't get in. Does Blizzard's mailing list sort by date opted in and now they're just going down it or something?!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
chaoticprout said:
I was actually 1 key in wave 1, and 1 key in wave 2, haha

Come on! Unless you plan on sharing the wealth, keep that kind of luck to yourselves, people. =(

Sloegr

FromTheFuture said:
I swear that everyone who gets into the beta has only signed up recently. Everyone else has signed up day 1, and they didn't get in. Does Blizzard's mailing list sort by date opted in and now they're just going down it or something?!

I think those of us who opted in on the first day and still don't have beta access just whine louder than the rest :D

DrEvil

not a medical professional
If any lucky kind soul with an extra key should find it in their heart to be charitable, please send it my way. I am a simple Canadian who wishes to partake in the awesome.

Nos_G

Milabrega said:
I've updated the list.

I'm about to get on, your battle.net ID should be two names seperated by a period "___.___" Add me Milabrega.Mila and send me a message, or anyone else who wants to play.

Ah sorry, it's NosG.nos

I didn't realize that I needed to list that since it said it was only going to use the primary. Anyway I got my first win... the other person d/c'd. :D

Added you Milabrega.

DrEvil said:
If any lucky kind soul with an extra key should find it in their heart to be charitable, please send it my way. I am a simple Canadian who wishes to partake in the awesome.
buy one on ebay for $300

Zaptruder

Banned
I think the people going on and on about getting into beta and not getting into beta have ruined what was a nice informational thread. :/

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
DrEvil said:
Take care with your key begging people, Evilore posted a warning a while back.

Top Bottom