• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Thank you ZealousD for the Previous Thread and the current OP
threadbanner2.gif

-> Click here for the previous Offical Thread |OT| <-

Active Tournaments:

//: NeoGAF 2011 Starcraft II Summer Invitational Tournament

GSL - Global Starcraft II League July 2011

Global Starcraft II Team League (GSTL) Season 1

NASL - North American Star League - Season 1

Completed Tournaments:
NeoGAF Tournys
//: NeoGAF 2011 Starcraft II OPEN Tournament

//: NeoGAF 2011 Starcraft II Invitational Tournament

GSL - Global Starcraft 2 League
GSL - Global Starcraft 2 League - Super Tournament 2011

Global Starcraft II Team League (GSTL) May

GSL - Global Starcraft II League May 2011

StarCraft II GSL World Championship Seoul 2011

2nd Generation Intel Core Global Starcraft II League March

Sony Ericsson Global StarCraft II League Jan.

GomTV Season 3 Thread

GomTV Season 2 Thread

GomTV Season 1 Thread

Who Won the previous thread?
sc2gafpostcount.jpg

34xrl2q.jpg

banner_generalinformation.jpg

mbpbgw.jpg

SPACENET SITE | http://www.starcraft2.com
DOMINION SITE | http://us.starcraft2.com/dominion
BATTLE.NET SITE | http://beta-us.battle.net/sc2/en/
FACEBOOK | http://www.facebook.com/StarCraft
TWITTER | http://twitter.com/starcraft

RELEASE DATE | JULY 27, 2010 - WORLDWIDE

PLATFORM | PC, MAC
PRICE | $59.99 US ($99.99 CE)
GENRE | Real Time Strategy Simulation
DEVELOPER | Blizzard Entertainment

CONTENT RATING
ESRB | T
PEGI | 16
AU | M
Korea GRB | 15 (Censored)

banner_digital.jpg

If you intend to purchase a digital copy of StarCraft II instead of a physical copy, you'll need to purchase it directly through Blizzard, rather than using other digital download services like Steam or Direct2Drive. You can already download the client now and install the game when the game is officially available for release on the 27th.

DOWNLOAD LINKS
North America
Europe
Oceania / SEA
South Korea

banner_systemreqs.jpg

PC REQUIREMENTS
PC Minimum System Requirements:

Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7 (Updated with the latest Service Packs) with DirectX 9.0c
  • 2.6 GHz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
  • 128 MB PCIe NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT or ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card or better
  • 12 GB available HD space
  • 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista/Windows 7 users)
  • DVD-ROM drive
  • Broadband Internet connection
  • 1024X720 minimum display resolution

PC Recommended System Requirements:

• Windows Vista/Windows 7
  • Dual Core 2.4Ghz Processor
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon HD 3870 or better

MAC REQUIREMENTS
Mac Minimum System Requirements:

• Mac OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.2 or newer
  • Intel Processor
  • NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT or ATI Radeon X1600 or better
  • 2 GB Ram
  • DVD-ROM drive

Mac Recommended System Requirements:

• Intel Core 2 Duo processor
  • 4 GB system RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or ATI Radeon HD 4670 or better

banner_videos.jpg

banner_fornewcommanders.jpg

If any commanders are not familiar with the original Starcraft, allow me to bring you up to speed. The original Starcraft was one of the most important Real-Time Strategy Simulations ever released. Its ability to let commanders control three totally unique factions is widely credited in fundamentally changing how future Real-Time Strategy Simulations were created.

Starcraft is a simulation that takes both macromanagement and micromanagement strategy in consideration. Just as on the actual field, you will need to make structures, gather resources, and give orders to your units. In the competitive online skirmishes, it's very fast paced. Battles can be won or lost within the first few minutes of the match. Scouting and learning your opponent is quite crucial.

There are two basic resources: Minerals and Vespene Gas. Minerals are generally found in small clusters, and you will need many workers to efficiently collect them. Vespene Gas requires an extraction building, but requires fewer workers to collect. In general, minerals are the raw materials that help us construct our armies, while vespene gas is useful to allow the construction of more powerful units and upgrades. Efficient use of these resources given is often the key to success in Starcraft.

There are three key races in Starcraft, being the three main factions that hold power in the Koprulu Sector: the Terran, the Zerg, and the Protoss. Each race operates their troops very differently. We, the Terran, are a very mobile and flexible race. We can lift and move key structures, we can easily create walls with our supply depots, and our units have a nice balance between power and cost efficiency. The Zerg Swarm is a very savage force, being able to spawn large numbers of units very quickly, but individual units are very weak and their restriction of building structures on the creep limits their flexibility. The powerful Protoss can create very impressive units, but they are ultimately limited by their high cost. They also must create their buildings in a pylon power field, but this power field also allows them to warp in units almost anywhere on the battlefield.

This may all sound complicated, but Starcraft has always had approachability in mind. "Easy to learn, difficult to master" has always been its design philosophy. If you're intrigued, you may wish to pick up a copy of the original Starcraft if you have not already. It's still available for pickup at any supply depot, even over 10 years after release. Start with the campaign, it will ease you in to learning the basics of each race until graduating you to the higher level units.​

banner_misc.jpg

sdgpcj.jpg

PS: Zerg won a major tournament!
1245060740_kramer_and_the_kids.gif

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Thank you ZealousD for the Previous Thread and the current OP
threadbanner2.gif

-> Click here for the previous Offical Thread |OT| <-

GomTV Season 2 Thread

Who Won the previous thread?
sc2gafpostcount.jpg

34xrl2q.jpg

banner_generalinformation.jpg

mbpbgw.jpg

SPACENET SITE | http://www.starcraft2.com
DOMINION SITE | http://us.starcraft2.com/dominion
BATTLE.NET SITE | http://beta-us.battle.net/sc2/en/
FACEBOOK | http://www.facebook.com/StarCraft
TWITTER | http://twitter.com/starcraft

RELEASE DATE | JULY 27, 2010 - WORLDWIDE

PLATFORM | PC, MAC
PRICE | $59.99 US ($99.99 CE)
GENRE | Real Time Strategy Simulation
DEVELOPER | Blizzard Entertainment

CONTENT RATING
ESRB | T
PEGI | 16
AU | M
Korea GRB | 15 (Censored)

banner_digital.jpg

If you intend to purchase a digital copy of StarCraft II instead of a physical copy, you'll need to purchase it directly through Blizzard, rather than using other digital download services like Steam or Direct2Drive. You can already download the client now and install the game when the game is officially available for release on the 27th.

DOWNLOAD LINKS
North America
Europe
Oceania / SEA
South Korea

banner_systemreqs.jpg

PC REQUIREMENTS
PC Minimum System Requirements:

Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7 (Updated with the latest Service Packs) with DirectX 9.0c
  • 2.6 GHz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
  • 128 MB PCIe NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT or ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card or better
  • 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista/Windows 7 users)
  • DVD-ROM drive

PC Recommended System Requirements:

• Windows Vista/Windows 7
  • Dual Core 2.4Ghz Processor
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon HD 3870 or better

MAC REQUIREMENTS
Mac Minimum System Requirements:

• Mac OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.2 or newer
  • Intel Processor
  • NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT or ATI Radeon X1600 or better
  • 2 GB Ram
  • DVD-ROM drive

Mac Recommended System Requirements:

• Intel Core 2 Duo processor
  • 4 GB system RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or ATI Radeon HD 4670 or better

banner_videos.jpg

banner_fornewcommanders.jpg

If any commanders are not familiar with the original Starcraft, allow me to bring you up to speed. The original Starcraft was one of the most important Real-Time Strategy Simulations ever released. Its ability to let commanders control three totally unique factions is widely credited in fundamentally changing how future Real-Time Strategy Simulations were created.

Starcraft is a simulation that takes both macromanagement and micromanagement strategy in consideration. Just as on the actual field, you will need to make structures, gather resources, and give orders to your units. In the competitive online skirmishes, it's very fast paced. Battles can be won or lost within the first few minutes of the match. Scouting and learning your opponent is quite crucial.

There are two basic resources: Minerals and Vespene Gas. Minerals are generally found in small clusters, and you will need many workers to efficiently collect them. Vespene Gas requires an extraction building, but requires fewer workers to collect. In general, minerals are the raw materials that help us construct our armies, while vespene gas is useful to allow the construction of more powerful units and upgrades. Efficient use of these resources given is often the key to success in Starcraft.

There are three key races in Starcraft, being the three main factions that hold power in the Koprulu Sector: the Terran, the Zerg, and the Protoss. Each race operates their troops very differently. We, the Terran, are a very mobile and flexible race. We can lift and move key structures, we can easily create walls with our supply depots, and our units have a nice balance between power and cost efficiency. The Zerg Swarm is a very savage force, being able to spawn large numbers of units very quickly, but individual units are very weak and their restriction of building structures on the creep limits their flexibility. The powerful Protoss can create very impressive units, but they are ultimately limited by their high cost. They also must create their buildings in a pylon power field, but this power field also allows them to warp in units almost anywhere on the battlefield.

This may all sound complicated, but Starcraft has always had approachability in mind. "Easy to learn, difficult to master" has always been its design philosophy. If you're intrigued, you may wish to pick up a copy of the original Starcraft if you have not already. It's still available for pickup at any supply depot, even over 10 years after release. Start with the campaign, it will ease you in to learning the basics of each race until graduating you to the higher level units.​

banner_misc.jpg

sdgpcj.jpg

PS: Zerg won a major tournament!
1245060740_kramer_and_the_kids.gif

Majine

Banned
I wonder what in GAFs infastructure that somehow mess things up when megathreads exceed 20 000 or whatever it was. I spend alot of time on another forum where there are alot of megathreads, one at 200 000 :lol still alive and kicking.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Majine said:
I wonder what in GAFs infastructure that somehow mess things up when megathreads exceed 20 000 or whatever it was. I spend alot of time on another forum where there are alot of megathreads, one at 200 000 :lol still alive and kicking.
ive been on another forum about the same size as gaf that had a similar problem.

i think it has more to do with the number of large threads rather than the size of any one thread in particular, but i wont pretend to understand the details of it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Jaedong has 6 bases

Man I want to see this in SC2.

*OH MY GOD THIS ARMY CONTROL

DROPS, SWARM, MINES, SECOND TANK LINES, DMATRIX, 50 TURRETS

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
That match was insane. Easily topping Fruitdealer vs Hopetorture.

That macro is insane. Such good army control and just everything flawless from both players.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Anyone want to play some games tonight? Get the GAF 2v2 lobbies with 8 specs going just like the beta, it'll be awesome!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
By the way, for the new people in this thread:

Look out for me (yoshichan), I am extremely good at this game. You will cry if you play me.

Vaporak

Procarbine said:
Anyone want to play some games tonight? Get the GAF 2v2 lobbies with 8 specs going just like the beta, it'll be awesome!

GAF nights are great, now that I have a desk again I can play! :D

I'm watching it, but the stream is pretty bad. Keeps stopping every 2-3 seconds. Really think Jaedong should be doing more with muta harass.

Yoshichan

vicissitudes said:
I thought you sucked.

:p
You're not joking, are you :(?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
vicissitudes said:
Not sure why Jaedong loves to send units in a line to sieged tanks. Horrible unit control.
SC1 AI pathing works like that.

No balls, 12 units at a time.

Besides swarm is insane. :lol

Hazaro said:
SC1 AI pathing works like that.

No balls, 12 units at a time.

Besides swarm is insane. :lol

At least get 3-4 control groups, get them together, then send them in at once with some defilers.

Also it's sad how weak Ultralisks are in BW compared to SC2. No splash :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
vicissitudes said:
At least get 3-4 control groups, get them together, then send them in at once with some defilers.

Also it's sad how weak Ultralisks are in BW compared to SC2. No splash :(
Well since you have no marauders they do pretty well at tanking since your ultras and lings become invincible under swarm.

When the marines do 3 damage the ultras tank pretty well.

This game is soooooooo good
Super macro game, so much action.

tehbear

Has the stars aligned? JD and Cool? XD

Broodwar is such an ugly game lol, but man is the gameplay intricate. Action ALL over, hard not to like. That epic D from JD, it's like watching Tester do his thing on multiple fronts at once :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom