• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield | Review Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 40-45%

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • 45-50%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-55%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 55-60%

• 60-65%

• 65-70%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 81 12.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 241 37.3%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 243 37.6%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 55 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red5

Metracritic 86 now on xbox.

Yeah IGN added there score to the xsx version.
HIhDn14.png

Metacritic is account around half of the reviews out there too, OpenCritic is at 103 reviews.

zeldaring

Banned
Metacritic is account around half of the reviews out there too, OpenCritic is at 103 reviews.

Open critic is a fart in the wind compared to metracritic, and right on the front page is a 86 for star field.

Last edited:

Red5

Crazy armored 6 and final fantasy 16 gonna end up scoring the same or better. The game that was suppose to define current gen lol.

It's actually scoring higher than AC6 with higher review counts too.

And tied with FF16 with fewer review counts so far:

Red5

Open critic is the fart in the wind compared to metracritic, and right on the front page is a 86 for start field.

What do you care which site is more popular? They're review aggregators in the end they don't set the reviews themselves, on either sites the game is a critical success using mostly the same reviews, OpenCritic just has more reviews. It is a tribalism thing?

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Just checked OC and it’s still @ 88 with 103 reviews but holy fucking shit Sea of Stars has 89 with 83 reviews!?

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

IDappa

You still need to go in an options menu to tag the system though. You need an active mission or marker. And this doesn't work all the time. At least I tried in between planets in the same system and then it doesn't work, I still had to travel via the starmap.

It's also not consistent about when to show the cockpit grav drive animations.

It seems a bit buggy sometimes but it's hard to pinpoint so sometimes you think "is it me? Am I missing something" but it's just the game.

Cargo hold is another weird bug that sometimes the option to access the hold just isn't in the menu if you fasttravel directly into your ship, and you're like "wait, am I going crazy? Pretty sure I did it this way last time" but exiting and re-entering the ship somehow brings the option back.
You can do this with unmarked planets you can see. Look at a moon or planet thats not marked and select it with the mark button in your scanner while flying around.

If you cannot see them you need to use the starmap, which makes sense?.

zeldaring

Banned
What do you care which site is more popular? They're review aggregators in the end they don't set the reviews themselves, on either sites the game is a critical success using mostly the same reviews, OpenCritic just has more reviews. It is a tribalism thing?
ummm metracritic is where the vast majority of gamers check game reviews so it the one that will effect sales more, and sales in the long run.

Ribi

All of this was in CP at launch. People like to pretend it was a broken mess at launch but at least the PC version was mostly fine.only
Only reason it was received terribly was because all the shit people talked about was on last gen consoles. All of the flak, last gen. The pc version was 9/10 if they just didn't bother with last gen there wouldn't have been as big of a stink.

Every article about it being bad, all last gen but people seem to think it was bad because of those old fucks complaining where the PC version was just fine.

damidu

wonder if bethesda does that "85 metacritic or no bonus" bullshit they fucked obsidian with, internally.
if so hopefully it can cling to it for the devs.

but this is the reality of day 1 review curation, nowhere to go but down.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
What's your prediction for steam review score?
I'm thinking a 80-86% positive

Yeah I think so, over time it will goto very positive but this game takes time to get its claws into you. Its an odd one. Once it has you, you see how it's the best Bethesda game by a long shot.

Eotheod

So now we can actually fly to a planet in space, but it will just take a significant amount of time because...space is distinctly large and should reflect that. If reviewers mentioned feeling boxed in, how do they respond to the fact that they are not in fact boxed in and can go wherever they want it just takes a significant amount of time to do so?

So now we can actually fly to a planet in space, but it will just take a significant amount of time because...space is distinctly large and should reflect that. If reviewers mentioned feeling boxed in, how do they respond to the fact that they are not in fact boxed in and can go wherever they want it just takes a significant amount of time to do so?

Does this really still need explaining?

Eotheod

Does this really still need explaining?
Probably not, as I would assume like most reviews they are a slice of the game in the moment and many can't/don't want to return to re-review. It's just interesting seeing a lot of the user reactions now bringing different perspectives, which is always expected come actual release, from the reviewers.

Heck, I was a game's journalist years ago and there is a certain rush to get the game reviewed, especially a big names title. It's just difficult to ascertain the true offering of a game until it has been played by yourself, if it interests you enough. That's obviously a reviews job though, to give you an idea of whether it may suit you or not.

Last edited:
Probably not, as I would assume like most reviews they are a slice of the game in the moment and many can't/don't want to return to re-review. It's just interesting seeing a lot of the user reactions now bringing different perspectives, which is always expected come actual release, from the reviewers.

Heck, I was a game's journalist years ago and there is a certain rush to get the game reviewed, especially a big names title. It's just difficult to ascertain the true offering of a game until it has been played by yourself, if it interests you enough. That's obviously a reviews job though, to give you an idea of whether it may suit you or not.

Being able to fly for dozens of hours just to clip through a jpeg image isn't what people were asking for

Last edited:

Madflavor

Starfield is one of the best reviewed games of the year and almost everyone who's actually playing it is loving it, soooo

A lot of people don't love the game. Plenty who are agreeing with the 7/10 scores. This is still in Early Access, the game is about to go into full release, you're going to see more and more negative and mixed opinions on it. You really there think isn't also a percentage of the people who spent $100 to get Early Access who aren't coping right now?

Last edited:
Top Bottom