• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuYuri

Zimbardo said:
Manhunt 2 stuff

Thanks for mentioning this... I've been waiting on a sale to get that game and this is definitely the cheapest I've seen yet. Will also be my first (and probably only) D2D purchase.

Zimbardo

Strider2K99 said:
Thanks for mentioning this... I've been waiting on a sale to get that game and this is definitely the cheapest I've seen yet. Will also be my first (and probably only) D2D purchase.

yeah i just bought it too. $6 and some change ...what the hell.

I haven't played Civ 4 before, but download the Civ V demo the other day and loved it. I should get the Civ 4 complete pack instead of the single game? Will that mean that the different versions (Vanilla Civ, Colonisation etc) show up as separate games? What one do I install to get the full experience. Cheers.

Ledsen

Sutton Dagger said:
I haven't played Civ 4 before, but download the Civ V demo the other day and loved it. I should get the Civ 4 complete pack instead of the single game? Will that mean that the different versions (Vanilla Civ, Colonisation etc) show up as separate games? What one do I install to get the full experience. Cheers.

Get complete and install only Beyond the Sword (final expansion, includes full game+all updates). Colonization is a totally separate game.

RyL

Banned
RyL said:
question to german gaf

is Dead Rising 2 giftable, since it's not only "indiziert" but also "beschlagnahmt" (confiscated ... yea I laughed too) in germany

(live in germany but I'm not german and neither is my steam account ... but it still IP blocks the content)

btw. what's the price of DR2, again can't see it

anyone ?!

snoopeasystreet said:
D2D have 75% off Rockstar games. Don't think they can be activated on steam but I thought I'd tell ye anyways.

Good stuff. Want to pick up a few of the titles but not sure if the GTA games have 360 pad support. Anyone know?

Zimbardo

DarkChronic said:
Good stuff. Want to pick up a few of the titles but not sure if the GTA games have 360 pad support. Anyone know?

GTA4 and Episodes from Liberty City have xbox360 gamepad native support.

not sure about the rest.

Aselith

dorkimoe said:
Thanks for the quick responses gentlemen. Been wanting to replay RE5 and might as well get double the achievements and try it on pc :)

I hated the time restraint, i wanted to build more combo weapons and explore. I feel like i didnt explore AT ALL. I was to worried about finishing and stuff. I mean i could have played through again, but i would be on the same time restrictions and running the same path over and over

If you think that, you don't know how Dead Rising works. You can not do anything mission wise in DR2 and still run around for the full time limit. You can do absolutely nothing but kill zombies and explore for that period, you just will fail the story but so what? Always another play through.

For most, that is the recommended way to play. It's best to spend a few playthroughs killing zombies and rescuing survivors if you see them (but not worry if they die) to build up your level and area knowledge. That way when you get to your "real" playthrough you will have some more levels and knowledge to help you get through easily.

Not saying you're playing it wrong by trying to do a perfect run first go but you're stressing yourself for nothing.

Awesome, just got the Civ 4 complete package. Is there anyway to hide the icons in grid view? I set categories for the detail view but they show up in Grid view?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So I have a friend gift me Civ 4 complete in exchange of something... why are the Civ 4 games "repeated" in the list? I tried logging out and logging in but somehow the duplicates are there.

2n7h0ud.png

Oreoleo

Ookami-kun said:
So I have a friend gift me Civ 4 complete in exchange of something... why are the Civ 4 games "repeated" in the list? I tried logging out and logging in but somehow the duplicates are there.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2n7h0ud.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Mac versions, unfortunately there's no way to get rid of them.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dammit, Ookami-kun, for a brief moment your post made me think SimGolf was on Steam.

I hope that GoG can step up to the plate now that they're in bed with EA and give me a chance to play those games again.

Echoplx

Ookami-kun said:
Weird, I unchecked them when I was about to install =/

The top versions are the PC versions right?

Well you can't actually install the mac ones it will just give you an error.

Is it sad that this is stopping me from buying the games? I just don't think my OCD can deal with it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The Civ 4 listing thing is annoying, since I'm a bit OCD myself, but the game is incredible so it would be foolish to pass on it simply because of that.

Plus, I keep Steam in awesome mode aka small mode so they're out of view most of the time anyways.

I just keep my list to display installed games only and I don't have the double problem.

Ooh, how do I do this?

Salsa

COD4 has a huge active community and the overall MP experience is much better than what ive played of MW2/BLOPS

the HUD isnt as intrusive, its more balanced, the killstreak rewards are fair, etc

the only thing lacking is a bit of the customization featured in the newer games, but it really makes up for it.. with every other aspect being plain better.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
SalsaShark said:
COD4 has a huge active community and the overall MP experience is much better than what ive played of MW2/BLOPS

the HUD isnt as intrusive, its more balanced, the killstreak rewards are fair, etc

the only thing lacking is a bit of the customization featured in the newer games, but it really makes up for it.. with every other aspect being plain better.
I don't like how few attachments there are to chose from. It makes it hard to go back.

Also, none of the games have intrusive hud if you play hardcore.

Shambles

For those looking at Civ4 definitely get the complete back and play with the beyond the sword expansion. Also for the hater haters, Civ4 >>> Civ5.

speculawyer said:
How does anyone's interest in hats affect your TF2 gameplay?

Hint: It doesn't.

DOES ANYONE HAVE BILLS HAT, WTT FOR BILLS HAT

*Sits in spawn, does nothing*

GUYS

commissar

So I want to preorder Deus Ex Human Revolution but the store page confuses me.

Is DXHR the $45 one without the artbook soundtrack etc?
Then DXHR Augmented version the $54 one with artbook soundtrack and DX1?

Or are both of them the Augmented version if you preorder only you can save $1 off DX1 if you buy it as a bundle?

Because the breakdown for the Augmented edition tells me you get DXHR standard and DX1.

And I don't want DX1.

augh D:

jaundicejuice said:

GUYS

This man is obviously right. That's the reason why lots of former TF2 players dropped it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The_Player said:
This man is obviously right. That's the reason why lots of former TF2 players dropped it.
And then I kick them.

Also, for DX3, you get the Artbook and soundtrack only with the AE.

I was playing on a pub where this guy spammed the same group of players for Bills Hat and Ear Buds for three maps. Three maps! By the end he was gibbering, saying he would pay us money, real money, so I asked for 500 million Prussian Francs for Bills Hat, at which point he told me to fuck off and raged.

It was kind of funny actually.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
commissar said:
So I want to preorder Deus Ex Human Revolution but the store page confuses me.

Is DXHR the $45 one without the artbook soundtrack etc?
Then DXHR Augmented version the $54 one with artbook soundtrack and DX1?

Or are both of them the Augmented version if you preorder only you can save $1 off DX1 if you buy it as a bundle?

Because the breakdown for the Augmented edition tells me you get DXHR standard and DX1.

And I don't want DX1.

augh D:

This. $45 gets you Deus EX: HR on its own, while $54 gets you the Augmented Edition with the additional content and the original Deus Ex.

Since Deus Ex: HR is Steamworks, you can order it from Direct2Drive using a referrer promotion code to save an additional 15% and then throw the key into Steam. That'll knock down the normal edition of HR to $38.21, while the Augmented Edition will be reduced to $45.86.

SalsaShark said:

You should be using these bits and bytes to point people toward BC2 where they belong.

Salsa

LaserBuddha said:
You should be using these bits and bytes to point people toward BC2 where they belong.

I do prefer BC2 by a mile, but i find them hard to compare. COD is much more arcade-y and fun in short bursts, i like to organize a squad and play with a bunch of friends when im playing BC2, mostly weekends at night when we are all available. We agree in that nothing beats that, though.

I used to love Civ 2 as a kid, but haven't played a game in the series since then - is Civ 4 worth a pick up? They haven't changed it to an RTS or something, have they?

Ledsen

Stupacabra said:
I used to love Civ 2 as a kid, but haven't played a game in the series since then - is Civ 4 worth a pick up? They haven't changed it to an RTS or something, have they?
Civ IV is considered by many to be the best game ever in the genre, and one of the best games ever period.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Stupacabra said:

If you give it a shot, you'll quickly realize the absurdity of this question. It's so, so worth it. Quality aside, the complete bundle has months+ worth of content.

Well, I'm convinced. Honestly, I hope that didn't come across as a troll.

Of course not, it's not really my type of genre either but it's a definite classic.

Well, I'm convinced. Honestly, I hope that didn't come across as a troll. I genuinely know nothing about the game.

Will buy when I get home. Thanks guys.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Stupacabra said:
Well, I'm convinced. Honestly, I hope that didn't come across as a troll. I genuinely know nothing about the game.

Will buy when I get home. Thanks guys.

It totally did
n't

markot

Banned
There are so few of those people you come across though >.>

Dropping TF2 for that is silly. Its such a small problem, it verges on the non problem.

Twig

Banned
speculawyer said:
How does anyone's interest in hats affect your TF2 gameplay?

Hint: It doesn't.
It has nothing to do with interest in hats, and everything to do with fucking idiot-ass folk making the game ALL ABOUT the hats. Anything that promotes this idea should be shut down immediately. That includes about 75% of what Valve's done with hats. Fuck hats. FUCK. HATS.

And fuck YOU FOR DEFENDING HATS.

FUCK EVERYONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

fake rage, but my point is completely valid

Better example: GAF TF2 server being locked on a fucking Halloween map for days straight because a bunch of morons want to farm 9 paper bag masks to craft 1 paper bag mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom