• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

This is cool, compared sizes of steamapps folders:

steamapps.jpg

RAGE is the biggest game on Steam.

Salsa

My Witcher 2 folder is about 18 gigs

what's the excuse for The Force Unleashed to be 29gigs btw? im guessing uncompressed videos or some crap?

Nekrono

SalsaShark said:

what's the excuse for The Force Unleashed to be 29gigs btw? im guessing uncompressed videos or some crap?
Multi-language I think, damn thing comes in every language possible.

Daisy Disk can't really do the job : that's the common folder in SteamApps... TF2 is missing and EVE or L4D2 are are but where removed long time ago... I wish I had room for more games...

Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202011-10-09%20%C3%A0%2016.42.39.png

Anyone who bought Company Of Heroes from that recent sale get a product key already in use message when creating a Relic account? I bought the game way back in 2008. haven't touched it since then and I'm getting this error.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
SalsaShark said:

It is uncompressed audio. Takes up a shit ton of space, should really be some sort of free optional DLC.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
After watching the trailer, I do sort of want it. I'll get it if my friends get it. So, it will likely turn into ether a Catch 22, or a game we all play for 4 hours and then every now and then bring up the one time we played it.

Ledsen

Drkirby said:
It is uncompressed audio. Takes up a shit ton of space, should really be some sort of free optional DLC.
Isn't it duplicated file assets for EVERY stage? That's what I remember people discussing regarding FU.

iNvid02

ok so i dunno if this is widely known but when i first installed origin i wanted to install it on my other drive used solely for games (just like i did with steam which was painless), but origin kept giving me a cant install onto here message so i said fuck it and just put it on the C drive.

i just recently did a reinstall of windows and decided to find out why origin was being a piece of shit, turns out that its a simple slash origin can't get its head around

e.g.

this wont work
D:\Origin\

but this works fine
D:\Origin

so if you want origin on another drive so a reinstall wont affect your games in anyway you can by removing the slash at the end during installation

coopolon

SalsaShark said:
This is cool, compared sizes of steamapps folders:

RAGE is the biggest game on Steam.

Wow, FEAR 3 on there looks like it's 500 mb or something. Steam says 10 gb on the product page.

Firehead

SalsaShark said:

CAyqM.png

Hrm...

GTAIV is with Episodes.

Edit:

Actually, GTAIV's with a bunch of mods and texture packs installed. :D

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I think Dragon Age Ultimate is technically larger because the downloaded DLC is installed on C drive where the saves are.

GTA4 complete is 32 gb because the episodes don't share assets with vanilla (both are 16 gb).

What programs are everyone using for the size comparisons? Treesize is the one I have, but it's not great at making bar graphs.

Tomodachi

2dtr5mq.jpg

I had to delete some games recently, space issue :(

Company of Heroes contains OF and TOV.
Witcher 2 is with bonus content.

RibbedHero said:
What programs are everyone using for the size comparisons? Treesize is the one I have, but it's not great at making bar graphs.

I used Treesize too. It's not catchy like the other graphs but it's fine I guess.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i bought the Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle awhile back and i heard it now contains Space Chem, well i already had it so if anyone wants a steam code of Space Chem just post a picture of one of my favorite bands (hint:i made a thread on neogaf about them), first person to post the picture wins the only code i have.

Fewr

Gexecuter said:
So i bought the Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle awhile back and i heard it now contains Space Chem, well i already had it so if anyone wants a steam code of Space Chem just post a picture of one of my favorite bands (hint:i made a thread on neogaf about them), first person to post the picture wins the only code i have.
My guess.
21ke14j.jpg

MNC

Ledsen said:
Isn't it duplicated file assets for EVERY stage? That's what I remember people discussing regarding FU.
This. every file asset is duplicate for every level in the game instead of using shared assets.

Heh, I never knew Stephen Fry was in a band.

confused

Banned
coopolon said:
Wow, FEAR 3 on there looks like it's 500 mb or something. Steam says 10 gb on the product page.

Steamapps folder says 4.14 GB.

Edit : Why do I have a Space Marine folder in Steamapps ? I don't own the game and never DL'ed the demo (is there even a demo)

KarmaCow

confused said:
Steamapps folder says 4.14 GB.

Edit : Why do I have a Space Marine folder in Steamapps ? I don't own the game and never DL'ed the demo (is there even a demo)

Maybe you downloaded a trailer? I think it was part of Steam's summer sale ticket thing where you needed to watch a trailer.

Whoops never mind, thinking of the wrong folder.

confused

Banned
KarmaCow said:

Maybe you downloaded a trailer? I think it was part of Steam's summer sale ticket thing where you needed to watch a trailer.

Whoops never mind, thinking of the wrong folder.

I think you might be right.

Randy

Gexecuter said:
I'm never getting Morrowind as a daily deal am i? *cries into a corner*

I know how you feel. Every time I see Xelios starting up that game, I have to control myself not to buy it immediately. Especially with that graphical overhaul out there.

StuBurns

Banned
I've been very lucky with getting my wishlist on sale, almost cleared it. Tomorrow I would like Lumines as the daily if Valve are taking notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom