• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R1CHO said:
Dont hold your breath for trenched, sadly its a different situation... Micro$oft...

Wasn't it added to the registry recently? I guess that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I wish you could only buy the good half of the game :|

Yeah, seems like Generations would be a perfect fit for that.

that Geneforge bundle is nuts. too bad i have a bunch of Infinity Engine games to work through (terrible predicament i know) or i would be much more tempted.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Snuggler said:
See, here's my problem. I almost bought it, but not because I have any interest in playing it, but because it was only $1.75. This is how our backlogs get so big. I think I'm gonna stand up against Gabe and my Steam addiction and pass.

Counter argument:

You are a hardcore heroin abuser.

Someone offers you a Coca-Cola.

You refuse because it has caffeine and you must stop somewhere!

You are still addicted to black-tar heroin and now you don't have a Coke.

Think about it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
nincompoop said:
Every person who doesn't buy Toki Tori at that price should be rounded up and shot. Real talk.

Especially if the Portal 2 ARG content is still present in the game. Toki Tori has/d the best such content second only to The Ball, if only because of the shower curtain.

Hmm, am I missing something or did the PC version of Toki Tori remove the ability to pause the game and zoom out on the entire level from the Wiiware version? That kind of makes it impossible to plan out your solutions ahead of time if you can't see the entire level at once.

Blizzard

Banned
morningbus said:
Counter argument:

You are a hardcore heroin abuser.

Someone offers you a Coca-Cola.

You refuse because it has caffeine and you must stop somewhere!

You are still addicted to black-tar heroin and now you don't have a Coke.

Think about it.
More like, he's a hardcore heroin abuser who isn't addicted in that he's able to decline herion on a whim, using sheer will-power, without any withdrawl.

So it's like, someone who likes Coca-cola deciding not to have another Coca-cola because it's bad for their teeth and they need to change their habits.

Or something!

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
animlboogy said:
I bought it right when it came out, after hearing the hype and wanting to support Double Fine. I really didn't like the gameplay much at all, though... I've gotten much more value on that front from something like Binding of Issac for 1/3 of the price. Shame they didn't hold out a little longer to maximize sales with some price drop hype, instead of just slashing the price randomly so soon after.

Or they realised they were selling a shed-load more copies at a lower price point, having soaked up the initial burst of enthusiasm at full price.

Chavelo

Usually, when a few people in NeoGAF praise a game on a daily sale, I try to go out of my way to get it...

But, shit. Today is not that day... Just doesn't look appealing. :-/

JaseC

Chavelo said:
Usually, when a few people in NeoGAF praise a game on a daily sale, I try to go out of my way to get it...

...but it's $1.70.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Holy shit Geneforge pack for only $3 a piece? This will be mine. I hope Avernums come to Steam someday too, these games are niche but so great.

kadotsu

Banned
Chavelo said:

Well you could contemplate whether to buy or pass forever, or you could download the demo and make up your mind.

Steeven

nincompoop said:
Every person who doesn't buy Toki Tori at that price should be rounded up and shot. Real talk.

I bought one copy for myself and one for my girlfriend. We sometimes compete in these kind of simple, cheap puzzlers who can get the most achievements, it's fun.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Chavelo said:

I was in the same boat kinda judging it like that, but ended up playing it during the summer sale events for tickets (had picked it up in some random indie pack before then), and ended up thoroughly enjoying it. Give the demo a shot at least.

Chavelo

JaseC said:
...but it's $1.70.

Alpha Protocol was around that price, too. Haven't even touched it and at least was kinda excited when it was hyped up and checked some trailers for it.

Too many games on backlog.

EDIT: Demo, you say? Well, that changes things! :D

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I want Bastion, but it is taking everything in me to hold off buying it right now. I still need to Finish Kirby Wii, then Sonic Genrations, Then Zelda, I haven't even booted up Layton ether, plus I'll have finals in a month. I think I'll pick it up if it goes on sale during the Winter or Black Friday sale.

Oh god, I just realized, there is going to be a black Friday sale in like 3 weeks.

JaseC

Chavelo said:
Alpha Protocol was around that price, too. Haven't even touched it and at least was kinda excited when it was hyped up and checked some trailers for it.

...but it's $1.70. :p

Edit: Toki Tori is a nice game to kill some spare time with and it does have its fair share of content.

Tomodachi

I bought it for Summer Camp. Cute game, but these kinds of puzzle game are not my piece of cake, I get frustrated after a few minutes.

Chavelo

NEOGAF, STOP TRYING TO CONVINCE TO ME BUY GAMES WHEN I COULD BE GETTING A LOOSEY OR SOMETHING WHEN I GET OUTTA WORK.

>.<

/firstworldproblems

Spwn

I've sunk more than 12 hours in Toki Tori. It's one of the best puzzle games on Steam. It was great trying to beat the levels before my friend who bought the game at the same time.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Tomodachi said:
I bought it for Summer Camp. Cute game, but these kinds of puzzle game are not my piece of cake, I get frustrated after a few minutes.
Eh, it isn't competitive against an AI and has a rewind function. That's all the padding my brain needs.

nincompoop said:
Hmm, am I missing something or did the PC version of Toki Tori remove the ability to pause the game and zoom out on the entire level from the Wiiware version? That kind of makes it impossible to plan out your solutions ahead of time if you can't see the entire level at once.
You can scroll. Why do you need to see it all at once? Do you forget something the second it's off the screen?

inky

Chavelo said:

LOL. I bought Alpha Protocol at $7.50 because it was "too good to pass up". Still haven't played it.

At $1.70 just buy it, don't think about it.

JaseC

Dice said:
You can scroll. Why do you need to see it all at once? Do you forget something the second it's off the screen?

"Originally posted by nincompoop". :p

Blizzard

Banned
Chavelo said:
NEOGAF, STOP TRYING TO CONVINCE TO ME BUY GAMES WHEN I COULD BE GETTING A LOOSEY OR SOMETHING WHEN I GET OUTTA WORK.

>.<

/firstworldproblems
Just try the demo. If you don't like it, don't let people pressure you into it. If you like it, you lost under $2 and you can play it some day, years later if you get around to it. It's unlikely to go much under $2. If you DON'T like the demo, there's probably no reason to even put it on your list unless you're trying to own all Steam games or something. :)

I don't think I ever beat any of the Toki Tori Portal 2 DLC stuff, or the advanced RUSH levels, since I'm not smart enough for puzzle games.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So many games out this month. Why the hell is insurance due this month? I don't make that much money :(

Stallion Free said:
Now did you play it to determine this or are you just repeating someone else's impressions again?

Its Gvaz, what do you think? :p

Dice

Because watching videos of someone else solving puzzles is a great way to know the experience of solving them yourself.

MNC

Nabs said:
Sonic Generations is up for pre-load. It unlocks in about a day.
I want the demo. Just so I know how it runs. I *know* I will buy it one way or the other.

edit: WTF I was looking at the achievements, how can someone have them already?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
MNC said:
I want the demo. Just so I know how it runs. I *know* I will buy it one way or the other.

edit: WTF I was looking at the achievements, how can someone have them already?
Likely reviewers.

Nabs

Most games get tested before release (not all, lolz). I doubt reviewers were given access to the PC version.

Dice said:
Is this a joke post? Unless you're a rain man then you're not going to remember every single detail of the level when you're not looking at it, in which case being able to zoom out and see the entire level at once is a much better option than being forced to scroll through the entire level to plan out and follow your route. This has to be a joke post, there's literally no way somebody can be stupid enough to dispute this point.

Blizzard said:
$18? I'm not made of money here! Also, there ought to be Hardy Boys games as well, come on.

While it would be cool, I thought the point of the Nancy Drew game series was to draw in the elusive girl market because they don't normally choose video games for entertainment. Boys naturally go for games, and don't need the extra added incentive of characters in books (that let's face it, they don't read anyway. And I've worked in enough school libraries to know.) As much as you won't like it, if someone making a game wanted a protagonist from a book boys read, they'd need to do Captain Underpants.

Dice

nincompoop said:
Is this a joke post? Unless you're a rain man then you're not going to remember every single detail of the level when you're not looking at it, in which case being able to zoom out and see the entire level at once is a much better option than being forced to scroll through the entire level to plan out and follow your route. This has to be a joke post, there's literally no way somebody can be stupid enough to dispute this point.
When you're done planning everything out, how do you play the level? You remember everything. Now do that in your planning phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom