• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gvaz

Banned
morningbus said:
O15k9.png
I love hyperbole

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Gvaz said:
I love hyperbole

You're just upset that you're technically in the racist category because you haven't played Toki Tori.

It's okay. You can change who you are. You can break the cycle.

So uhhh, I am playing GTAIII on my new PC.

And for some reason, turning off Frame Sync messes with the controls and seems to put some odd permanent brake thing on every car I drive. Like, when I let go of the accelerator, instead of the car rolling to a stop, it instantly stops as though it is slamming on the brakes. And I can't seem to go into reverse or else it will just spin the tires and do a burnout instead.

Makes no sense at all.

Sober

Drkirby said:
Got me a Dota 2 Key:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3496710/ihaskey.png[img][/QUOTE]
Thanks for making me check my email and deleting all those WoW phishing scams that have been piling up for days.

But still no DOTA2 key!

Rufus

DyslexicAlucard said:
There's a problem here. This Venn Diagram implies that everyone who hates on Toki Tori has played it.
Yeah, "people who have played Toki Tori" and "racists" have to be swapped around.

Smash88

Banned
If anyone has an extra copy of DOTA 2, I would be happy to take one off your hands.

XO0x1.jpg

:D

Also that D-bag selling Batman on hardforum raised the price to $35. Apparently getting the cards for free = lets RIP OFF more people! Greedy bastard.

jediyoshi

Smash88 said:
Also that D-bag selling Batman on hardforum raised the price to $35. Apparently getting the cards for free = lets RIP OFF more people! Greedy bastard.
He's only a dbag now after he raised the price, right?

jediyoshi

Smash88 said:
So he's collectively saved GAF a few hundred dollars, raises the price to a point that's still lower than what you can buy it for, and he's a dbag now. God forbid he sold it at $35 all along and saved everyone just a bit less money.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
loblaw said:
Is the community down for anyone else?

Yeah, it's loading the store page instead. I guess this is Gabe's way of forcing me to buy something. :(

edit - K now nothing loads.

Scythian

The sole act of raising the price can be considered "greedy", not the price itself; If he started selling them at $35, it wouldn't be considered as greedy, because the price was set since the beginning.
As the release date gets closer, I'm guessing purchases increase due to increased anxiety of purchase or something :p

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Rufus said:
Yeah, "people who have played Toki Tori" and "racists" have to be swapped around.

I am not sure you understand venn diagrams. it would be exactly the same after you swap it.

Smash88 said:
If anyone has an extra copy of DOTA 2, I would be happy to take one off your hands.

XO0x1.jpg

:D

I have a Steam code that I'll sell you for $25. Nvidia code, so Steam and all.

bobbytkc said:
I am not sure you understand venn diagrams. it would be exactly the same after you swap it.

No it wouldn't, because then it would be saying that people who somehow simultaneously have and haven't played Toki Tori are racists.

I'm done dealing with categories and I'm wondering if there's a fast way to remove them all rather than right clicking each game and removing it?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
LastWindow said:
I'm done dealing with categories and I'm wondering if there's a fast way to remove them all rather than right clicking each game and removing it?

Wait long enough and Valve will do it for you!

Smash88

Banned
HP_Wuvcraft said:
It's still lower than the shelf price.

How is that greedy?

You know I just typed 3 paragraphs trying to argue your points. But what's the point.

Sent a PM to Dyslexic.

ClovingSteam said:
YOU GREEDY BASTARD!!!

anticipating his reaction

-_- I'm just saying, am I the only person here that sees the ridiculousness of him raising prices, no matter what you are saving. I think many people are missing the point.

Echoplx

DyslexicAlucard said:
I have a Steam code that I'll sell you for $25. Nvidia code, so Steam and all.
;D

LastWindow said:

They are stored here: Steam\userdata\<ID>\7

If you want to make backups simply copy/paste the folder 7. That's what Steam support said at least.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So a copy of Vampire: The Bloodlines was gifted to me, I try to start it up tonight and:
B24Xr.png

What, and may I add, the fuck?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Seriously! What exactly is a Steam subscription?

I thought I owned these games. I'm not paying a monthly fee here...

Symphonic

Hawkian said:

I think it's just a general term for having purchased the game. You own a permanent "subscription" or whatever.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hawkian said:

Think of it more as an indefinite lease subject to terms and conditions. After all, your games are tied to an account owned by the operator of the service. Really, though, for all intents and purposes, you do own the games tied to your Steam account.

Edit: As for your particular issue, my guess would be that the gift didn't process correctly and now, while the game appears in your library, Steam believes you don't actually own it. Send off a ticket to Support.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
:lol

While agreeing completely with the preceding two posts, I have no explanation for why I cannot play this game.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Xanathus said:
Have you tried actually contacting Steam support?
Nope, just tried for the first time like 30 mins ago. As always I go to GAF first with my problems.

Will email them now...

So apparently Dungeon Defenders PC outsold the console versions pretty good, yet they will only have 'special events' on the console versions. I guess they didn't think the PC version would sell so good and then didn't adapt.

PC Dungeon Defenders sells 200k

Oh, and Fatshark (the devs behind Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2, Lead & Gold and Hamilton's Great Adventure) are announcing their new game today, get hype!

Source

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, also got my Sonic Generations key, and Steam says the game will be playable at about 8PM EST. Anyway, downloading it now, a good 8.6GB

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
So I transferred Deus Ex: HR over from a storage HDD to the Steam folder on my SSD, but I can't get Steam to recognize the game.

Any ideas? It would really annoy me to redownload all 8GB of data, when I'm already staring at them in the proper folder.

p.s. - I've already tried deleting ClientRegistry.blog

Echoplx

K.Jack said:
So I transferred Deus Ex: HR over from a storage HDD to the Steam folder on my SSD, but I can't get Steam to recognize the game.

Any ideas? It would really annoy me to redownload all 8GB of data, when I'm already staring at them in the proper folder.

p.s. - I've already tried deleting ClientRegistry.blog

Is the directory set up right?

steamapps\common\deus ex - human revolution

On and try copying over the NCF files as well

steamapps\deus ex - human revolution english.ncf
steamapps\deus ex content.ncf

MRORANGE

Marsipolami said:
So apparently Dungeon Defenders PC outsold the console versions pretty good, yet they will only have 'special events' on the console versions. I guess they didn't think the PC version would sell so good and then didn't adapt.

PC Dungeon Defenders sells 200k

But the PC version does have special events. it shows you every time on what's coming up once you join a ranked server.

Rufus

I hope the Sanctum maps aren't going to be 1,99€ a pop again.

bobbytkc said:
Drat, I meant "people who hate Toki Tori" and "racists".... It was late, lemme alone. =_=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom