• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

graywolf323

This sale seems kind of pointless with the Christmas sale coming in a month, and that being the biggest sale of the year.

the secret pretty much is don't buy anything that's not at least 66% off if you really want it or 75% off otherwise

most things around those discount ranges won't go on sale for less come Christmas

edit: also don't buy anything that's not a daily sale until the last day unless it seems too good to be true in which case it's probably a glitch and jump on it before Steam catches it and fixes it

Tempting but I must wait for 75% off then 4 pack! lol.

well technically the 4-pack makes it 75% off each individual copy

Nelo Ice

Banned
the secret pretty much is don't buy anything that's not at least 66% off if you really want it or 75% off otherwise

most things around those discount ranges won't go on sale for less come Christmas

edit: also don't buy anything that's not a daily sale until the last day unless it seems too good to be true in which case it's probably a glitch and jump on it before Steam catches it and fixes it

well technically the 4-pack makes it 75% off each individual copy

True, but if its 75% off normally then 4 pack makes it $1.87 individually which is what I'll bite at.

Derrick01

Banned
I'll most likely jump on Bulletstorm on the last day though I don't expect it to be a daily deal, $10 is already one of the cheaper prices it's been at.

Chesskid1

Banned
this is pretty much my first big steam sale. it seems so huge/awesome to me, but my steam buddies have been telling me the christmas sale is even bigger.

headexplode.gif

Derrick01

Banned
this is pretty much my first big steam sale. it seems so huge/awesome to me, but my steam buddies have been telling me the christmas sale is even bigger.

headexplode.gif

Yeah this isn't even a big sale. Your head will explode for the winter one when there's like 2000 games on sale and 2 straight weeks of like 10-12 dailies a day. Not to mention there will likely be a contest again where you have to actually play a bunch of games and earn tokens of some kind (usually through achievements from the game) to enter.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Huh. Dragon Age just updated for some reason, and now it won't start.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/58/index/8734556
General Fixes

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT

Downloadable content will properly authenticate once installed.
PERFORMANCE

Fixed an issue where some users with DirectX10-era video cards were experiencing significant lag within menus and interfaces as well as sudden spikes in area load times.
Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition Fixes

INSTALLATION

The Ultimate Edition installer for the EA Download Manager (EADM) version of the game was placing the CD-Key in the wrong location in the Windows registry. EADM has been replaced with EA's Origin system and this error has been corrected in the new Origin installer. For those who purchased and installed the Ultimate Edition via EADM, the Patch 1.05 installer will copy that CD-Key into the correct Windows registry location.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Uh, yeah. Dragon Age closes and goes to the store page, and the store no longer knows that I own it. WTF EA.

Blizzard

Banned
So they like...effectively removed it from Steam accounts by accident or something, forcing them to switch to Origin? *conspiracy theory and dramatic music*

Firebrand

Ah. We're gonna need a patch for the patch then. :) Too bad the patch note only details technical fixes, there's quite a lot of script bugs in that game still.

EDIT: Seems the launcher app is trying to launch the regular version instead of Ultimate.

goodfella

How many year after release? Not that I have had any problems with DA, but it seems it took Origin being pushed to even fix these bugs.

svegis

MNC, if you're reading this, it seems my Bit Trip Beat is working now. It downloaded itself at least, will have to confirm later.

Well look who's making an appearance in everyone's favorite F2P Steam game
20111124011455.png

what does this mean for Minecraft on Steam?

graywolf323

according to Bioware they think they figured out the problem and a new patch is being pushed to Steam users that should fix it

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/58/index/8734556/2#8735019

Rob Bartel said:
Yeah, that's precisely why we wanted to tackle this launch today rather than tomorrow. On the BioWare side, we're all Canadian and will be at work tomorrow just like any other day but the Valve guys will be down to a skeleton crew.

As for where things currently stand, we've been working with Valve and believe we've identified the problem. A new file's being pushed to their servers right now and, if all goes well, we should have this wrapped up within the hour.

In the meantime, you have our apologies for the disruption.

Dice

Dragon Age all fixed for me now. Also holy shit, I've been playing nothing but Skyrim for the last 100 game hours and the solid 60fps here is blowing my mind.

There are some nice stuff from this Autumn Sale. Almost everything on my wishlist is on sale too. Fallout NV for $9.99. Would have definitely bite on this deal if it wasn't for the complete edition coming out in a few months.

Sober

Only weird thing is that each Batman skin is on sale individually?

I thought it was supposed to be out (the pack) in December ... fine by me, it's only a few weeks.

Tomodachi

Is there any way I can disable Orcs must die's DLCs? I bought some weapons but I don't want them appearing in the first playthrough, I've got the feeling they would make the game easier :(

Kammie

popcap giving zuma away for free if you signup for their newsletter, not steam but dunno where else to post it. it's really quite fun and addictive!
Thanks for the link.

I just installed Steam a few weeks ago and already have 26 games. Now I understand how dangerous these sales are. lol

Dice

Thanks for the link.

I just installed Steam a few weeks ago and already have 26 games. Now I understand how dangerous these sales are. lol
New guy: Backlog of 200 games? Is such a thing even possible?
Guy who has had Steam a couple years: ...yes it is.

SmokyDave

Thanks for the link.

You'll know you have a problem when you get angry because you want to buy a game in a sale but you can't because you already own it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom