• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Eversion is good stuff. You'll beat it in a sitting, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I recommend playing it ASAP, otherwise it'll probably just fall to the bottom of your backlog.

Blizzard

Banned
Eversion is good stuff. You'll beat it in a sitting, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I recommend playing it ASAP, otherwise it'll probably just fall to the bottom of your backlog.
Given my skill at hard games, I suspect I tried playing it for like two hours and couldn't even beat the end of the game. :(

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What's Helldorado? Is it similar to Desperado? Worse? Better? Totally different?
According to reviews, it is technically Desperado 3? Also, trial-and-error bitch hard and total shit. Oh well.

Spwn

Also in the Eversion praise chant! It's a brilliant platformer and is a lot deeper than it looks. Love it! I should play through it again some time.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
eversion is interesting, but the controls are so godawfully bad. I think I'll quit this game quite early because once
the hands come etc
it's always the fucking jumping/running controls that kill me, not the leveldesign or the enemies. That's not good for a Jump'n'run :/

edit:eek:h ffs I give up. 3rd or 4th level, whichever, is unbeatable for me with an xbox pad.

Blizzard

Banned
eversion is interesting, but the controls are so godawfully bad. I think I'll quit this game quite early because once
the hands come etc
it's always the fucking jumping/running controls that kill me, not the leveldesign or the enemies. That's not good for a Jump'n'run :/

edit:eek:h ffs I give up. 3rd or 4th level, whichever, is unbeatable for me with an xbox pad.

I also seem to recall that the controls were horrible even on a keyboard. I haven't tried it lately though.

I'll probably consider eversion for the last day of the sale, along with a few other things I've been watching (HE: Duality, Inside a Star-Filled Sky, Trials 2, Hamilton's Great Adventure, Eschalon, Star Ruler)

Scythian

Playing Mass Effect, noticed the low-res textures on some character models. Any way to fix this?
Also, is there any good AA config for Nvidia Inspector?

Nightz

Oh man. I want to jump in to Fallout New Vegas, but I'm already spending a lot on console deals today. Then again, it's only $5. :( Help me stay strong!

Steam sales are terrible...I buy stuff just because it's cheap even if I might never get to playing them for months...curse you Valve. Curse your ridiculously good deals. Curse you for preying on our inability to pass up on cheap stuff

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
No.

It's $5 for at least 50 hours of playtime. Everyone buy it. It's not as good as Fallout 3 imo but it's still a good title.

$5 for what New Vegas offers is just insane. One playthrough could last upwards of 100 hours if you take your time and do everything, and then you could replay it with a new build and have a very different experience.

Batman Arkham City ™ PC

Gee thanks for telling me I own the PC version on Steam. Who the fuck would have realised that?

It's things like this which make my Steam library look less lovely :(

Nelo Ice

Banned
Batman Arkham City ™ PC

Gee thanks for telling me I own the PC version on Steam. Who the fuck would have realised that?

I just realized its probably like that cuz its gfwl. So when people see u on live they kno ur playin the PC version.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Batman Arkham City ™ PC

Hey, better then Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War® II - Chaos Rising™

apana

What price do you guys think Assassin's Creed Brotherhood will be by the time christmas sale rolls around if the past is any indication?

Oreoleo

No other GFWL on Steam has that though!

That I own, anyway.

GTA4 and FlatOut UC do it as well. However when you're on Live with a PC it shows a different icon to your friends than if you are on 360 so there doesn't really seem to be a reason to put it there other than to mess with people's OCD.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Just for future reference if I gift someone something it's because I want to, and I do not want or expect anything in return (including attitude). Thank you very much! Also if you don't want something don't put it on your wishlist otherwise shut up when someone gives it to you.

My mother-in-law was over for Thanksgiving today, so this may or may not be the real me talking.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and onward with the sales.

Flunkie

Banned
Just for future reference if I gift someone something it's because I want to, and I do not want or expect anything in return (including attitude). Thank you very much! Also if you don't want something don't put it on your wishlist otherwise shut up when someone gives it to you.

My mother-in-law was over for Thanksgiving today, so this may or may not be the real me talking.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and onward with the sales.
lol, love this

Blizzard

Banned

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, I am turning off auto updates to Dungeon Defenders till my land line is fixed. Every few days, anther 500-1500 MB download, it is really annoying, when I am "done" with the game, and my connection isn't that great.

Durante

A slightly embarrassing question, but is there a way to find out when you bought a game on Steam? I wanted to buy the monkey island bundle, but Steam told me I already own it. And sure enough, there it was. My reaction was a confused "Wha?".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom