• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm probably late but, do you enjoy point and click adventures? If the answer is yes, buy Syberia II. Buy Syberia 1 too. Both will be worth your time and your money.

I doubt Brotherhood would get to $7.5 even during the Christmas sale.

I've got to echo this, both Syberia games are fantastic, dripping with style and a decent story. A must have for any fan of Adventure/Point and Click games!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A slightly embarrassing question, but is there a way to find out when you bought a game on Steam? I wanted to buy the monkey island bundle, but Steam told me I already own it. And sure enough, there it was. My reaction was a confused "Wha?".

Click "[your account name]'s Account" located in the top right-hand corner of the client, then click "Store transactions".

Edit: It'll also display games with which you activated using a key, though since these were purchased outside of Steam itself they'll have an attached cost of "Free".

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
A slightly embarrassing question, but is there a way to find out when you bought a game on Steam? I wanted to buy the monkey island bundle, but Steam told me I already own it. And sure enough, there it was. My reaction was a confused "Wha?".

Best bet is to go through Store Transactions. Login to steam, top-right corner, Durante's account, Account details, Store transactions. That should be everything by date.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Honestly I keep pretty good track of my Steam purchases but all the different indie bundles recently and keys GAFfers have gifted me over the months really add up to the point that there've been SEVERAL games I've tried to buy only to discover I already owned.

Vagabundo

I bought portal2.. damn you steam sales. I'm broke.

Approval from the wife came very quickly when I told her it could be my christmas prezzie.

Honestly I keep pretty good track of my Steam purchases but all the different indie bundles recently and keys GAFfers have gifted me over the months really add up to the point that there've been SEVERAL games I've tried to buy only to discover I already owned.

Flaunting your riches stump. not cool. ;)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

I haven't seen anything great I don't already have.

I've soent more gifting than for myself thus far.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I've done alright so far. Just the Orcs Must Die! DLC, New Vegas Lonely Road and the Two Worlds 2 Pirate expansion.

So like $15ish.

Inside the "steamapps" folder lays another one with named as the user account. Anyway, this folder contains information about the games you have instaled but aslo remains of the uninstalled games. So the question is obvious, can i delete the data of the unnstalled games? Is there any potential issues by doing so?

Thanks for any help :)

Nightz

Just for future reference if I gift someone something it's because I want to, and I do not want or expect anything in return (including attitude). Thank you very much! Also if you don't want something don't put it on your wishlist otherwise shut up when someone gives it to you.

My mother-in-law was over for Thanksgiving today, so this may or may not be the real me talking.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and onward with the sales.

-_- Some people...

Sysgen

Inside the "steamapps" folder lays another one with named as the user account. Anyway, this folder contains information about the games you have instaled but aslo remains of the uninstalled games. So the question is obvious, can i delete the data of the unnstalled games? Is there any potential issues by doing so?

Thanks for any help :)

Shouldn't be a problem but some of them have save game data. When reinstalled the folder will be recreated.

Shouldn't be a problem but some of them have save game data. When reinstalled the folder will be recreated.
Thank you for the response Sysgen. Yea, save data and probably the updates and extra data steam periodically downloads. But having gygabytes of data for games that are not being used is such a waste.

Playing Arkham City and I can't log into GFWL. Just fan-fucking-tastic.

Edit: Okay, I can't change to English language settings either. What the fuck, Rocksteady. I don't care how good your game is, this is just bullshit.

Edit2: Now it just crashes when I try to log-in. You warnerfuckers be glad that I didn't buy this at fullprice.

Gav47

Playing Arkham City and I can't log into GFWL. Just fan-fucking-tastic.

Edit: Okay, I can't change to English language settings either. What the fuck, Rocksteady. I don't care how good your game is, this is just bullshit.

Edit2: Now it just crashes when I try to log-in. You warnerfuckers be glad that I didn't buy this at fullprice.

Update your Games for windows live client.

Mupod

Ugh, EB was selling Dead Island for the same price as Steam, and I generally prefer having physical copies so I went for it. Lo and behold, someone used my key already.

So now it's time to wait for steam support. Last time I did this was 2008 and it took them like two weeks to do anything.

Nelo Ice

Banned
great deal, still have not played the first one, gaf told me it was like zelda meets god of war

Have the first but I haven't really played it and I cant tell if its a glitch or not since SR3 isnt 50% off. And it is kinda insane thq would be selling a game not coming out until next year for 50% off already.

JaseC

Thank you for the response Sysgen. Yea, save data and probably the updates and extra data steam periodically downloads. But having gygabytes of data for games that are not being used is such a waste.

That's strange. The folder you're referring to (steamapps\[your account name]) should house nothing more than Source Engine games pre-Left 4 Dead (e.g. Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2, Episode One, etc.)

Rapstah

That's strange. The folder you're referring to (steamapps\[your account name]) should house nothing more than Source Engine games pre-Left 4 Dead (e.g. Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2, Episode One, etc.)

Less than that, it should just host the content that depends on the user in those games, like settings and screenshots and replaced textures or models or sounds. Unless you have a lot of screenshots for every game, or HD texture packs, for whatever reason you would be using those for any Source game that supports it in those folders, it's almost impossible to get the folder that big.

THQ loves steamworks I'd be shocked if they didn't go with it. But of course, lots of things may change in a year.

If I were to buy that and was handed an Origin key, I'd be pretty upset.

Is anybody familiar with their return policy on pre-orders? If they make refunds a trivial matter than this is a no-brainer.

edit: looks like they don't do refunds but you can cancel pre-orders... Done. :)

JaseC

Less than that, it should just host the content that depends on the user in those games, like settings and screenshots and replaced textures or models or sounds. Unless you have a lot of screenshots for every game, or HD texture packs, for whatever reason you would be using those for any Source game that supports it in those folders, it's almost impossible to get the folder that big.

It's not really "less than that" so much as it is a matter of semantics. :p But, yes, you're right.

Is there a possibility that there will be a "Mass Effect" bundle? ME1 is so old, I don't feel like paying $9.99 for it. A bundle will be just nice so I can play back to back ME games during the holiday season.

coopolon

Is Deus Ex worth it for $25? So torn on whether to get it or not.

That's obviously a subjective question, but the game was pretty well received both by the enthusiast press and here on Neogaf. I personally had a lot of fun with it, easily got well over 20 hours out of it and I suspect I'll play it again someday.

Nabs

Is there a possibility that there will be a "Mass Effect" bundle? ME1 is so old, I don't feel like paying $9.99 for it. A bundle will be just nice so I can play back to back ME games during the holiday season.

It was on sale for 5 bucks the other day (10 for both games).

epmode

Is Deus Ex worth it for $25? So torn on whether to get it or not.
While it isn't quite as good as the original Deus Ex, it's still hugely impressive and ambitious when compared to just about every other modern AAA game. The idea of the Immersive Sim is so appealing to me that I can't fathom why someone would be hesitant.

Sober

Kind of related but just noticed on xbox.com that minervas den(PC) is $5. Thats the first time Iive ever seen it on sale.
Is it on sale? I'm browsing XBL Marketplace but I don't see Minerva's Den as a Black Friday (week) sale ... I see Bulletstorm, S8:p and SF4 though ... none of the addons on sale are PC or Bioshock 2 related.

Though 5.75$ is a pretty good price since I haven't touched it as it was 10$ before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom