• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's strange. The folder you're referring to (steamapps\[your account name]) should house nothing more than Source Engine games pre-Left 4 Dead (e.g. Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2, Episode One, etc.)
Less than that, it should just host the content that depends on the user in those games, like settings and screenshots and replaced textures or models or sounds. Unless you have a lot of screenshots for every game, or HD texture packs, for whatever reason you would be using those for any Source game that supports it in those folders, it's almost impossible to get the folder that big.
Don't remember the name of the games exactly but Team Fortress alone was over 1 gigabyte, with all the others put together it was more or less 3 GB.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Got the broken sword trilogy. First game is properly ported, the other two need mods or something to play in a window. Anyone know where to find such things?

Edit: Same for Syberia 1 & 2

Edit 2: Woah, what the heck. According to the dev, Steam has had the files for Broken Sword 2 remastered since MAY and hasn't updated it.

Sarcasm

In a bit of a pickle.

Wanted to play Fallout 3 and it freezes at doctor..I tried many things.

If anybody has a save thats any time between start and before you leave the vault (when you can redo everything one last time), can you please share?

Does anyone know if you can register a GFWL game in more than one xbox account?

I never thought this was possible, but i read somewhere that you can. I would like to confirm this.

Sarcasm

In Fallout 3 GOTY..should I disable the Brotherhood DLC (th one that raises level cap)? So I can se ending, than reload to do that DLC?

FGMPR

Banned
In Fallout 3 GOTY..should I disable the Brotherhood DLC (th one that raises level cap)? So I can se ending, than reload to do that DLC?

No. The normal ending has the most obscenely large plot hole I've encountered. You're not missing anything by disabling the DLC.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yeah, just enable the DLC, play through to the ending, then go watch the original version on Youtube. It isn't worth actually doing it.

Dice

Guys I need to know if Rainbow Six 3 Gold supports native widescreen or if it just stretches the image. I can't find any screenshots or youtube of it in proper 16:9 so I don't know.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Guys I need to know if Rainbow Six 3 Gold supports native widescreen or if it just stretches the image. I can't find any screenshots or youtube of it in proper 16:9 so I don't know.

Widescreengamingforum, search for Raven Shield:

http://widescreengamingforum.com/node/6789
http://widescreengamingforum.com/node/11121
http://widescreengamingforum.com/node/5676
http://widescreengamingforum.com/node/5423
http://widescreengamingforum.com/node/6347

Not sure if any of these answers the question, but it looks like it has widescreen support but some FOV issues (IE vertically glipped FOV) unless you do an INI change?

Narag

Fired it up finally to see if I could help provide an answer. Menus seem to be like 800x600. There were multiple widescreen options in the settings too. This is how it looked for me at 1920x1080: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/632983753105847945/4455E3C042AE7D5CE5E21ED961013EED0B907633/

Dice

Fired it up finally to see if I could help provide an answer. Menus seem to be like 800x600. There were multiple widescreen options in the settings too. This is how it looked for me at 1920x1080: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/632983753105847945/4455E3C042AE7D5CE5E21ED961013EED0B907633/
Looks like Vert- method. I actually prefer that in this case because the original looked like things stretched forward a bit. Too bad they didn't leave the UI original aspect ratio and just pushed to the edges, but it's good enough.

I'm thinking of getting this and all 4 Westward games instead of also getting Vegas and only Westward 4 (spending-cash is limited) Am I crazy for that?

MRORANGE

Looks like Vert- method. I actually prefer that in this case because the original looked like things stretched forward a bit. Too bad they didn't leave the UI original aspect ratio and just pushed to the edges, but it's good enough.

I'm thinking of getting this and all 4 Westward games instead of also getting Vegas and only Westward 4 (spending-cash is limited) Am I crazy for that?

just a heads up about rainbow six gold:

7Q7Ky.png

mentioned it twice in the steam forums, they have not fixed it yet, well over a year ago.

Dice

Yeah, do you have any idea how many games I have? Grid view would be absurd.

Blizzard

Banned
Since no one on Steam seems to want it, and maybe everyone already owns the game, free VVVVVV to someone... *edit* Congrats upandaway and Adnor.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
jim-jam is a cool dude who's been very generous. I too would like to see him have a wishlist.

GAF, is RAGE worth $30 or should I wait for the next sale at Christmas?

If your going to play it now then buy it, but if you can wait a few weeks for a cheaper price then just wait. At the very worst it'll be at least $30 in the winter sale so you aren't losing any money by waiting.

Also, thanks to Xeno_Flux2113 for helping me get Limbo.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Gaf am I crazy for buying the Witcher 1 again just to avoid tages?! I already installed and patched my disc copy and uninstalled tages but I bought the steam version just so to avoid all that trouble ><.

Narag

Gaf am I crazy for buying the Witcher 1 again just to avoid tages?! I already installed and patched my disc copy and uninstalled tages but I bought the steam version just so to avoid all that trouble ><.

For $2.49? Nah, good price if you wanted to double dip for something. I wouldn't be surprised if some of us rebought it on gog when it was $4.99 just to avoid DRM totally down the line. (I did.)

Wow, thanks for the kind words guys. For the record I'm not avoiding this thread, I got over that tantrum in a few hours. I just haven't been playing games or on GAF much lately because, in short, my heart was just broken.

On topic, it's cool that they called this the Autumn Sale to give it more of an international feel. It made me feel included and hence I wanted to buy things.

Nelo Ice

Banned
For $2.49? Nah, good price if you wanted to double dip for something. I wouldn't be surprised if some of us rebought it on gog when it was $4.99 just to avoid DRM totally down the line. (I did.)

Whew ok so I'm not the only one :D. Tages was just too much of a headache to deal and that's why i'll be avoiding riddick/risen since those still have freaking tages for some ridiculous reason.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just started playing Puzzle Dimension.

- Rolly-ball puzzle game
- Tile-based movement so it's more slow and methodical than most rolly-ball games
- Looks to have at least 150-200+ levels.
- Excellent presentation
- Has some pretty interesting level choices even within the first 25 levels, including curved level surfaces that you can roll on the top or bottom of, so you'll be twisting your head and the camera to try to figure out how to get from one tile on one side to another tile on the other side.
- 79 Metacritic, choice review quotes: Eurogamer; "Resplendent in a beautiful pixellated retro theme with a backdrop of chiptune bleeps". Gamer.no; "But it is perhaps a little too difficult for its own good, especially after the introduction of invisible blocks." EDGE gave it a 7.
- Steamplay
- Made by 8 guys
- $2.49 right now

I can't be held liable if the game goes to shit half-way through or whatever, but seems like a great buy for someone looking for a sub-$5 impulse buy.

If your going to play it now then buy it, but if you can wait a few weeks for a cheaper price then just wait. At the very worst it'll be at least $30 in the winter sale so you aren't losing any money by waiting.

Also, thanks to Xeno_Flux2113 for helping me get Limbo.

Anytime. Also good to see JJB officially stating he is back/never really left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom