• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I don't think that survey is quite right because it suggests GFWL has gained popularity when in reality it has less content than ever and the interface is more obscure than ever. I think they may be fooled by looking at visitor data for Xbox.com (because it's no longer possible to separate GFWL data from Xbox data).

Joe Molotov

Deals4Downloads.com is the leading digital deal and price comparison portal, I don't think they'd just put this information out there if it wasn't true.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Joe Molotov said:
Deals4Downloads.com is the leading digital deal and price comparison portal, I don't think they'd just put this information out there if it wasn't true.

I don't think it's them lying or inventing things, I simply think that their data sources are incomplete and like I said, not likely work for Xbox.com / GFWL.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Joe Molotov said:
But its not in sales,revenue, or games, Its taking it base on GoogleAd and Compete.com. Its making it sound like its webpage visits through a browser.

Tomodachi

I was wondering, any chance we'll get the other four bit.trip games in the saga? I'd really like to own them on Steam like runner and beat, and I don't have a 3DS nor a Wii (yet) anyway :(

ArjanN

Tomodachi said:
I was wondering, any chance we'll get the other four bit.trip games in the saga? I'd really like to own them on Steam like runner and beat, and I don't have a 3DS nor a Wii (yet) anyway :(

I'm guessing eventually, yes.

Spwn

Midweek madness! Duke Nukem Forever is 50% off so 9.99€ for Europeans. Call me a cheap ass, but I won't bite at that price and I'm determined to get it "when the price is right".

Bungieware said:
I got Metro 2033 yesterday. What difficulty do people recommend I play on? Hardcore or Ranger-Easy look enticing.
Ranger Hardcore is extremely exciting, but for the first run I'd say Hard or Ranger-Easy.

Dyni Crippler said:
Ranger Hardcore is extremely exciting, but for the first run I'd say Hard or Ranger-Easy.

I'll go with Ranger-Easy. It seems difficult, but not so difficult that it will frustrate me on my first playthrough.

Joe Molotov

arts&crafts said:
So is duke nukem really that bad? I mean $10 is pretty cheap for a game 10 years in development!

It's great for $10, don't listen to the haters. It may not be a good game, but it is an AWESOME game.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Well got DNF and Metro 2033 for 15$.

Good stuff. Plus I'll have the DNF DLC for free, thanks to the First Access Club.

plc268

Hmm... DNF for $10? Why not. I'm mildly interested even after all the bad reviews. Just wasn't willing to buy it for $50.

Joe Molotov said:
It's great for $10, don't listen to the haters. It may not be a good game, but it is an AWESOME game.

will probably bite, I like the sounds of "awesome" games

and I am a tad nostalgic for duke nukem

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Joe Molotov said:

He could play the demo.

And my opinion still stands when it dropped from 50-20. I might buy it at 5$ when I'm drunk.

I'd pick it up for $10. If it didn't make me dizzy. I rented it through Redbox and enjoyed what I played but I couldn't play for long as I always got dizzy and felt sick for a little bit afterwards.

SmokyDave

MNC said:
got a free duke nukem dlc key for anyone that draws me ep3 or quotes me with a cool palindrome
A man, a plan, a canal, Panama.

Don't want the key (Thanks SNK_Fanatic!) but I wanted to give you a palindrome.

Redivider. There's another good one.

TheExodu5

Banned
MNC said:
got a free duke nukem dlc key for anyone that draws me ep3 or quotes me with a cool palindrome

Just spent that past few minutes looking up palindromes. This is a pretty badass metal palindrome:

Satan, oscillate my metallic sonatas!

TimmiT

It's been confirmed that Sonic Generations uses Steamworks. You can get it from GMG (which is down at the moment) for $20 with this coupon code: AUTUM-NSALE-20PEC

John

MNC said:
emordnilap looc a htiw em setouq ro 3pe em sward taht enoyna rof yek cld mekun ekud eerf a tog

MNC

John said:
emordnilap looc a htiw em setouq ro 3pe em sward taht enoyna rof yek cld mekun ekud eerf a tog
lold. key goes to exodus though! will pm when i get off my phone

MNC said:
Keeping with the Satan theme: Ah, Satan sees Natasha!

EDIT: Oh, wait! I've got that free DLC thanks to Borderlands GOTY. I wanted to wait a little longer to buy DNF, I don't know what to do :( (I just realized you were giving away the DLC, I don't own the base game :lol)

Blizzard

Banned
May a moody baby doom a yam!

Nurse, I spy gypsies, run!

(look up the Weird Al song "Bob" for many more) And no, I don't want the DLC either, but I wanted to join the crowd.

Derrick01

Banned
Anyone else get a 1gb Sanctum patch? I have a feeling it's redownloading that patch that came out with the DLC not too long ago.

Joe Molotov

Blizzard said:
May a moody baby doom a yam!

Nurse, I spy gypsies, run!

(look up the Weird Al song "Bob" for many more) And no, I don't want the DLC either, but I wanted to join the crowd.

Rats live on no evil star

Echoplx

Hah, I can't even access my code, the first access link just redirects me to a page full of places where I can buy the game.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
MA, ORIGAMI MAGI ROAM:

EVE

MIKA, RZA, EVIL JD. NASIR IS OSIRIS AND J-LIVE, AZ, RAKIM

CORMEGA, CAGE, MR. O.C.

I'M ANOMIE. I, MON AMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom