• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Ghost Dad the Whip said:
Paul Barman?

My intellect reaps rewinds on repeat
More introspection refined remind or retreat
Crazy lyrics, every verse every rhyme
Classic lines, emotions vanquish English redesigned

People's easy answers cause evil
Paris' Eiffel as colossal easel
Again nature's gifts earn respect
After neighbors grift, each reflect
Under rulers' buildings and neglect
Ulcer repulser bankruptcy and necropsy
Love in family's eyes
Light inner fire's energy

Born enduring foreign objects' roaring embers
Baby enters family of retarded elders
Adolescents face the early riser
Adults fear teenagers, eagerly retire
Rhymes appear, paint pictures of reality, themselves
Responsive audience pronounces, 'perfect;' orders, 'run tell'
Manifest a skill til evident revolution
Miracles are spherical, turn elegant resolution
Astronomical lyrical wherewithal awakens your senses
Across length width additional year sentences
Nature employs violence, eventually relents
Nurture enjoys vengeance, eternally repents

Donos

StuBurns said:
Dog is God backwards, makes you think doesn't it?

LIES.

GAF i have to confess... i saw that i had still 6€ in my steam wallet.... and bought a hat in TF2 ... and it was for the wrong class so i had to buy another (cheap) one. Damn you Gabe !

Duke Nukem Forever is an awesome museum of sadness, look as George Broussard rips off games throughout the decade. Can you spot when Half-Life 2 came out? How about Metroid Prime?

Orcs Must Die! is on New Releases instead of Coming Soon, even though it's supposed to come out tomorrow and hasn't been available for download yet. Color me confused.

Tomodachi

I've seen Titan Quest on sale so many times now it's not even a proper sale anymore. More like it's more expensive than normal in a few days per year.

BigAT

Go buy Jagged Alliance 2. Absolutely fantastic game, one of the most underrated games of it's time.

I'm thinking of double dipping just so I don't have to bother with my CDs anymore.

amrod

TimmiT said:
It's been confirmed that Sonic Generations uses Steamworks. You can get it from GMG (which is down at the moment) for $20 with this coupon code: AUTUM-NSALE-20PEC

Bought!

morningbus said:
My intellect reaps rewinds on repeat
More introspection refined remind or retreat

Jumping Jehosephat
And something that goes with that
I'm more funky that a 4 year old yoga mat
I got more bounce
that a 64 ounce
homestyle tropicana
poppa santa
father christmas is just propaganda
like...

mxgt said:
How is Titan Quest?

It's the best Diablo 2 clone. Yes, better than Torchlight. This is due in large part to its skill system, which allows you to pick 2 out of 8 (9 with the Immortal Throne expansion) sets of skills to mix and match. This allows you a level of freedom that's uncommon in games like these. Want to be a typical warrior? Pick Warfare and Defense to become the Conquerer. Want to be an exotic spear-wielder with enhanced passive avoid? Haruspex (Dream + Hunter). Want to throw fireballs while a Lich King does your bidding? Combine Earth and Spirit to become a Conjurer.

Titan Quest is also really pretty. It's not confined to a Greek setting, as you might guess, but eventually sends you to all kinds of exotic locales.

The biggest problem is the somewhat buggy netcode - I've never been disconnected while playing with my fiancee, but joining her game was a problem sometimes. Also, the Dream mastery may be overpowered, but that's to be expected of the sole skill set added for the expansion. It has to be able to complement all kinds of builds.

Binabik15

BigAT said:
Go buy Jagged Alliance 2. Absolutely fantastic game, one of the most underrated games of it's time.

I'm thinking of double dipping just so I don't have to bother with my CDs anymore.

I couldn´t get my disc versions of JA2 or JA2 Gold working on my XP laptop, any help with that? Otherwise I´l have to get it on Steam.

A bit pricey for a game I own 3.5 times already, though (once from the bargain bin, once from another, once from a game magazine and a Gold version borrowed from my cousin).

MNC

Titan Quest Gold is a bit cheaper in Euroland. Just saying. Like, a dollar difference or something.

whooooa THE BACONING is stealth on sale 50% off. Is it a stand alone game or do I need to play the first 2 first? I will wait for the other 2 to be on sale.

SamVimes

Since the last couple of days i'm having troubles with Steam: most of the times if i try to launch it it just crashes (steam.exe doesn't respond blah blah blah), to make it work again the only way is to reboot and even then there's a 90% that . I tried reinstalling it but even when i do the only time i'm sure it works is the first one.

Any advice?

Gvaz

Banned
I'd like to try Duke Nukem since I've never played one before, but that $10 could go towards a new pair of headphones I need...and I think DNF would have less actual value than the headphones :S

stuminus3

Gvaz said:
I'd like to try Duke Nukem since I've never played one before, but that $10 could go towards a new pair of headphones I need...and I think DNF would have less actual value than the headphones :S
If you'd like to try a Duke Nukem game because you never played one before, do this and then do this and have fun. You'll have a couple of bucks left over too, so you can buy some gum to chew while you kick ass.

stuminus3

SalsaShark said:
Duke Nukem Forever is great and more than worth it at the current sale price, fuck the haters.
I paid full price for it and actually played it heavily enough to beat it a couple of days after release, two things I rarely-to-never do. I have no regrets!

D3D is still better, though.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Has any game dropped in price faster than Duke?

ezekial45

Banned
Does Titan Quest keep crashing for anyone else? I can't play the game for more than 20 minutes without it freezing my video card.

arts&crafts said:
just bought the baconing :( hopefully i didn't need to play deathspank first

You don't need to but you'll miss out on some story elements. Which I guess can be read up on Wikipedia or something.

Blizzard

Banned
LocoMrPollock said:
Damn, you would of totally won too.

Anyway, Titan Quest is great. Much better than Turdlight.
More like, AWESOMElight.

I thought Torchlight was pretty great, so I don't know whether Titan Quest is going to be even better, or if it's only good if you hate Torchlight and there's some opposite taste thing going on here.

chewydogg

I tried to play The Witcher 2 and I get a Steam pop-up telling me it needs to convert it into a more efficient format. Now it seems to be downloading the entire game again. What's happening?

I'm 20 hrs. into the game, I hope I'm not going to lose my save...

MNC

chewydogg said:
I tried to play The Witcher 2 and I get a Steam pop-up telling me it needs to convert it into a more efficient format. Now it seems to be downloading the entire game again. What's happening?

I'm 20 hrs. into the game, I hope I'm not going to lose my save...
I think it's the different file system which makes patching much, much easier in the future. I think your saves will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom