• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
You know when you select a game in your Steam library (default view), the main page has a background shot of the game? Apparently if you've taken screenshots, it will have a random screenshot as a background instead of the stock shot.

Pretty cool.

Scythian

You know when you select a game in your Steam library (default view), the main page has a background shot of the game? Apparently if you've taken screenshots, it will have a random screenshot as a background instead of the stock shot.

Pretty cool.

It sounds good in theory, but since I mainly take screenshots of glitches, bugs and whatnot it's annoying to see the leg-less NPC that I took a screenshot of in the game page everytime I want to boot up Oblivion.

Oreoleo

It sounds good in theory, but since I mainly take screenshots of glitches, bugs and whatnot it's annoying to see the leg-less NPC that I took a screenshot of in the game page everytime I want to boot up Oblivion.

I think after you upload the screenshot to Steam Community, you can delete the local copy to avoid this. Maybe I'm mistaken.

masterkajo

I was trying to install Fallout New Vegas and I constantly get a "Steam servers are busy. Try later." What is weird though. Sometimes it shows that the game is about 10GB, then 7GB and sometimes about 5GB. Whats up with that?

Rufus

I can't be held liable if the game goes to shit half-way through or whatever, but seems like a great buy for someone looking for a sub-$5 impulse buy.
It holds up throughout. Invisible blocks sound worse than they turn out to be. The main issue with them is remembering where they are, rather than finding them.

oipic

Pretty cool.

Exited Skyrim recently and had a moment of confusion and wonderment at how similar the character in the Steam page, posed thoughtfully in front of a sweeping mountainous vista, looked to my wood elf - needless to say, it was him... I'd never noticed this before. Nice touch.

G-Fex

Doesn't the sale end tomorrow?

It doesn't DOESNT MEAN RAGE WONT GO ON SALE LATER WOOOOOOOOOOO

Same with Deus Ex which I'm sad I missed out on :(

Tomorrow will be another set of items which I will buy :3

if I don't, I don't need to spend all my gift card now, Decembers A COMIN.

So for today it'll just be Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Dark Sector

Anyone know if Steam is having the sale for every day/week of december?

1-D_FTW

It doesn't DOESNT MEAN RAGE WONT GO ON SALE LATER WOOOOOOOOOOO

Same with Deus Ex which I'm sad I missed out on :(

Tomorrow will be another set of items which I will buy :3

if I don't, I don't need to spend all my gift card now, Decembers A COMIN.

So for today it'll just be Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Dark Sector

Anyone know if Steam is having the sale for every day/week of december?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HRZ29K/?tag=neogaf0e-20

If you really want it, Amazon has been price matching these things in slow motion. So it's still available for 24.95 on Amazon Digital Download and it's Steamworks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Everybody who doesn't purchase Rage should feel bad for not supporting the only FPS this generation favourably comparable to Episode Two.

Ngggg...... Witcher 2 for $23. It's over my impulse buy threshold. But damn I want it. If, IF it is one sale for XMas sale, I save an extra $10 (ASSUMING it is 66% off and not 50%). But if we don't see it on sale for the Winter sale, then I'll really miss out! But I don't have time to even PLAY it till probably Jan/Feb 2012... so torn...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ngggg...... Witcher 2 for $23. It's over my impulse buy threshold. But damn I want it. If, IF it is one sale for XMas sale, I save an extra $10 (ASSUMING it is 66% off and not 50%). But if we don't see it on sale for the Winter sale, then I'll really miss out! But I don't have time to even PLAY it till probably Jan/Feb 2012... so torn...
Does it HAVE to be Steam?

I've seen it cheaper elsewhere...

chessnut

Is this the cheapest civ 5 has been? I wanna buy it, but I'd rather wait for a christmas sale or something since I'm not gonna have time for it right now

Nabs

Don't buy it yet.

Eusis

Yes, it may be a daily deal tomorrow.
Cave Story JUST came out, and the final days of sales like these are usually recaps anyway. At worst you miss out on a 50% sale while supporting indie developers, so I wouldn't be overly cautious about buying it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was going to wait for cheaper but now you have my attention. Explain yourself.

Rage's sublime FPS experience can't be explained - it must be experienced.

But let me illustrate an example. Remember when you first played the shareware version of Doom and the episode gets progressively more awesome only to end when you wish for it to continue? Every first-person combat encounter in Rage is like that. But better. There's one boss fight that has you battling some huge prick while strafing and shooting the shit out of lesser enemies with your trusty shotgun. It's classic id and by far the single-most awesome FPS battle in years.

Where Rage falls short to Episode Two's lofty heights, it more than makes up for in pure, unadulterated FPS mechanics. So. Good.

Sure it does, Jase. Now enough with the crazy talk.

Those who believed the Earth to be spherical were also labelled crazy, and yet were later proven right. I stand by this comparison. ;)

JaseC I would if I could but its too rich for my wallet right now. So I do feel bad.

And so you should. :(

Blizzard

Banned
So do we know for sure if the sale lasts tomorrow past 1 p.m. EST, or does "through Sunday" traditionally mean "ends at 1 p.m. EST Sunday"?

So do we know for sure if the sale lasts tomorrow past 1 p.m. EST, or does "through Sunday" traditionally mean "ends at 1 p.m. EST Sunday"?

Well looking at just a regular autumn sale item it says ends in 38 hours. So I think it might go through tomorrow past 1PM or we would be under the 24 hour mark.

Rufus

The puzzles start to become *really* difficult around half-way through.
It's a forgiving kind of difficulty though. Due to the nature of the game, you can always just try things out. If you get stuck, avoid whatever led to that, repeat. Solve the immediate problem, then the next and so on. The falling blocks are a good example of this, where manoeuvring to the right spots in the correct sequence is key, or else you cut off another important route.
I found Rush to be a lot more difficult, since you have to plan out everything before you set things in motion.

Deadstar

its good if you like spending 99% of your time delivering items and walking.

Boo this man! There's a lot of that sure but the fighting system, while somewhat annoying can be quite interesting when you get the hang of it. Though if you skip it and go straight to Witcher 2 you aren't missing out too much. I enjoyed playing Witcher 1 but Witcher 2 is godly.

It's a forgiving kind of difficulty though. Due to the nature of the game, you can always just try things out. If you get stuck, avoid whatever led to that, repeat. Solve the immediate problem, then the next and so on. The falling blocks are a good example of this, where manoeuvring to the right spots in the correct sequence is key, or else you cut off another important route.
I found Rush to be a lot more difficult, since you have to plan out everything before you set things in motion.

How is Rush? Worth buying if I enjoy Puzzle Dimension?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom