• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterkajo

Ok... I have a favor to ask. I finally bought SW:KotoR and wanted to start playing it coming weekend. Played about 2-3 hours some years ago but never got into it. A friend just keeps on telling me how awesome it is so I am giving it another go. "Best plot twist ever", that's what he says.

Anyway, I fear that I might have accidentally found something out about the plot twist; went into the "games that made you :O" thread to post Portal 2 things and found a picture.

Please, tell me that the plot twist has nothing to do with
Darth Revan
. Or at least nothing obvious that could be deducted from the picture posted in the thread mentioned above (my brain is working without me wanting it - that hardly happens :/). Lie to me if you have to! But make it believeable... please.

PS.: Unusual request, I know. But I am desperate here and can't concentrate on work... I know it was my own fault for posting on GAF during work time. :(

Another SiN fan? So I'm not alone! I've been wanting to play Emergence for years, but since it's never a daily/mid-week/weekend deal, the mental note to buy the game is erased by the time the next seasonal sale is due to begin. The sole reason I remembered to buy the bloody thing this time is that I went through all ~67 pages of specials and made note of what I desired.

Not exactly, as I've never played the original :p
I did play Emergence ages ago on my friend's computer, but I don't even remember if I've finished it. While not a terrific game by any means, I remember I was enjoying it. And I have a thing for Source Engine games ;)
Also Jen Taylor <3

Hopefully it'll be on the next sale again and I'll get to try the original as well.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Please, tell me that the plot twist has nothing to do with
Darth Revan
. Or at least nothing obvious that could be deducted from the picture posted in the thread mentioned above (my brain is working without me wanting it - that hardly happens :/). Lie to me if you have to! But make it believeable... please.
Nope, no worries, you're safe.

PaulLFC

According to the registry, Skyrim will be getting a Creation Kit. I thought it might have been bundled with the game itself, but I can't see anything Skyrim related in the Tools list in Steam, so I guess it must be upcoming.

derFeef

Another SiN fan? So I'm not alone! I've been wanting to play Emergence for years, but since it's never a daily/mid-week/weekend deal, the mental note to buy the game is erased by the time the next seasonal sale is due to begin. The sole reason I remembered to buy the bloody thing this time is that I went through all ~67 pages of specials and made note of what I desired.

I highly enjoyed Emergence and I am saddened by the fact that it will never get a sequel (or new episode). The original SiN is dope as well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not exactly, as I've never played the original :p
I did play Emergence ages ago on my friend's computer, but I don't even remember if I've finished it. While not a terrific game by any means, I remember I was enjoying it. And I have a thing for Source Engine games ;)
Also Jen Taylor <3

Hopefully it'll be on the next sale again and I'll get to try the original as well.

Oh. :( The original, despite the bugs, is a solid game, and to Ritual's credit many aspects of it weren't exactly familiar to the FPS genre of the time (e.g. non-linear level design, location-based damage including the ability to shoot weapons out of hands, environmental interaction such as using PCs and ATMs, etc.)

I loved the game back in '98; in fact, I ultimately played it more than Half-Life.

I highly enjoyed Emergence and I am saddened by the fact that it will never get a sequel (or new episode). The original SiN is dope as well.

Don't remind me. :( It's a pity Ritual were bought out by Casual Gaming Company #23131.

JaseC

SiN has aged horribly next to Half-Life and in retrospect it's no surprise that HL destroyed it.

Releasing the game at the end of October surely helped to no end.

"Hey, this SiN game seems pretty cool."
"Eh, maybe, but Half-Life is out in less than 3 weeks."
"Oh, yeah, that's right."

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Releasing the game at the end of October surely helped to no end.

"Hey, this SiN game seems pretty cool."
"Eh, maybe, but Half-Life is out in less than 3 weeks."
"Oh, yeah, that's right."
It probably also didn't help that Half-Life had an incredible demo later on too, to clean up any remaining doubters.

JaseC

Yeah, that shit was one of, if not the best demo ever. I mean it perfectly encapsulated the Half-Life experience into 30ish minutes of gameplay.

I miss the days where demos actually offered enough of a game to inform your purchasing decisions.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Don't act like this isn't the reason we're still talking about this game:
KxxhP.jpg

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Markster

Wait, wait, wait, the HL demo was original content and not found in the main game? That just blew my mind into a thousand different pieces.
Yep, 100% new HL content.
It's an alternate interpretation of the early post-accident stuff.

Bioshock, I seem to recall, actually invested in making its demo a condensed section of the game. Not strictly the "first level", but a little hodgepodge of early levels.

I think I already know the answer to this but I'll ask just to be sure. If I have a steam key, is there anyway to add it to my gift list so that I can gift it through steam instead of just giving someone the code?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think I already know the answer to this but I'll ask just to be sure. If I have a steam key, is there anyway to add it to my gift list so that I can gift it through steam instead of just giving someone the code?

Not currently, but in an interview with someone at Valve it seemed like this functionality may be coming. I'm not sure, though.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Blood Bowl seems well worth $8 if you have money left after the autumn sale (I don't)

ANYONE not have gish? I have a steam key from a humble bundle some time ago and I am going to lose it if no one takes it.
Why would you do that to someone?

Flunkie

Banned
Anyone who got the IGN Prime deal have any luck with downloading Revelations via Impulse? BF3 also used to show up for me there but now it's showing nothing. :\

rac

Banned
Anyone who got the IGN Prime deal have any luck with downloading Revelations via Impulse? BF3 also used to show up for me there but now it's showing nothing. :
I can't download ac. Also my bf3 is gone. Just don't tell origin on me, k impulse?

vazel

Banned
Anyone who got the IGN Prime deal have any luck with downloading Revelations via Impulse? BF3 also used to show up for me there but now it's showing nothing. :\
Nothing for me either. The receipt for the order still shows up but I can't download the game. I was looking forward to trying out the mp but not enough to pay for it. Oh well.

Wichu

Yeah, Battlefield 3 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations appear to have been removed from my Impulse account. I think they're onto us :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom