• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbob

So I finished Limbo in about 3 hours. It was OK but I don't really understand the love fest for the game. Most of the puzzles were easy to solve, and the only thing really separating this game from other platforming games is the look. There really wasn't much traversal anyway. Go left, go right. Not much up and down platform action. The end was extremely abrupt as well. I thought "That's it?" as soon as the game ended. Didn't really get the "experience". Glad I only paid $2.75 for it.

Blizzard

Banned
So I finished Limbo in about 3 hours. It was OK but I don't really understand the love fest the game. Most of the puzzles were easy to solve, and the only thing really separating this game from other platforming games is the look. There really wasn't much traversal anyway. Go left, go right. Not much up and down platform action. The end was extremely abrupt as well. I thought "That's it?" as soon as the game ended. Didn't really get the "experience". Glad I only paid $2.75 for it.
One of my Steam friends had a funny Steam review for it, but I forget who (Joe Molotov?). Someone should paste it in here if they find it.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
So I finished Limbo in about 3 hours. It was OK but I don't really understand the love fest the game. Most of the puzzles were easy to solve, and the only thing really separating this game from other platforming games is the look. There really wasn't much traversal anyway. Go left, go right. Not much up and down platform action. The end was extremely abrupt as well. I thought "That's it?" as soon as the game ended. Didn't really get the "experience". Glad I only paid $2.75 for it.
Spot on. It's a lackluster game through and through.

Derrick01

Banned

Someone basically called it one of those games hipster artsy douches love to jerk off over and well I couldn't disagree with it. It was a pretty boring game from a gameplay perspective.

What kind of irked me a bit was someone in the autumn sale thread asked whether to buy that or Bulletstorm and someone else essentially pulled the "herp just another shooter derp" card when Bulletstorm is infinitely more fun to play (and also has a lot of good art itself)

MRORANGE

quote & pick which one you want, or both? :

Boxart15j.jpg
boxshot.png

Nabs

Dungeons of Dredmor got added to the Introversion Bundle. You have to pay more than the average to receive it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Bioshock, I seem to recall, actually invested in making its demo a condensed section of the game. Not strictly the "first level", but a little hodgepodge of early levels.
It was just the intro to the game, nothing more.

It looks like Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 will be a Steamworks title:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/34870/
Awwwwww yeah. I'm working my way through the Sniper GW1 DLC now and I don't know what it is about the game, but I just enjoy the awfulness of it and the sniping feels amazing.

Anyone who got the IGN Prime deal have any luck with downloading Revelations via Impulse? BF3 also used to show up for me there but now it's showing nothing. :\
i was actively staring at the impulse client looking for asscreed this morning when BF3 poofed from my list of games.

Tomodachi

Orcs must die just updated itself. It would be great if steam news page updated at the same time, not hours later. Anyone knows anything about the changelog?

coopolon

Great, Saint's Row 2 is 5.08 on Gamersgate today.

It couldn't have been in the past 6 months, where I had nothing to play and wanted to play Saint's Row 2, right? :D

Now I already have Saints Row The Third and couldn't care less about 2.

I know you're not going to, but just telling anyone who might have read your post. Don't buy Saints Row 2 from GamersGate, it's the Germon censored version that I believe has not received the latest patches and doesn't work with the wealth of mods that exist for that game.

Edit: Actually, as pointed out below, they fixed this. My mistake!

Anyone who got the IGN Prime deal have any luck with downloading Revelations via Impulse? BF3 also used to show up for me there but now it's showing nothing. :\

When I go to impulsedriven.com, support, and enter my email address for them to send me a list of all games tied to my account, Revelations is no longer there. It was there a week ago. So it seems they deleted all those keys. At least this means I can delete the impulse/gamestop client now.

Ledsen

Giving away my Crayon Physics Deluxe, Aquaria, and Dungeons of Dredmor Steam Key to a deserving individual since I already own Aquaria and have no interest in the other two... reply to this post and convince me you'll actually play these games.

Gone!

Nabs

I know you're not going to, but just telling anyone who might have read your post. Don't buy Saints Row 2 from GamersGate, it's the Germon censored version that I believe has not received the latest patches and doesn't work with the wealth of mods that exist for that game.

Didn't they fix that?

Spiegel

Same here. I just connected and suddenly I have no games :/

I tried Impulse earlier, Battlefield 3 disappeared when I opened the program but it was because the client was updating. Seconds later it appeared again on my list.

And Assassin's Creed: Revelations isn't released until Friday

Giving away my Crayon Physics Deluxe, Aquaria, and Dungeons of Dredmor Steam Key to a deserving individual since I already own Aquaria and have no interest in the other two... reply to this post and convince me you'll actually play these games.

I'll definitely play Dungeons of Dredmor.

Because Crayon Physics sounds interesting and awesome.

Askani

Bleh. I said no to Blood Bowl last time it was cheap and I have to say no again. I have to stop being a glutton in regards to Steam. There's so much content I have right now already that I don't need to be falling into these "Bu...bu...but it's on sale!" traps.

amdnv

Awwwwww yeah. I'm working my way through the Sniper GW1 DLC now and I don't know what it is about the game, but I just enjoy the awfulness of it and the sniping feels amazing.
The sniping is pretty cool for sure. From what I've played of the DLC campaign so far, I prefer it to the main game. Less run & gun and some longer range sniping.
Still, I preferred the sniping in Dragon Rising, it was more satisfying and could be really, really long range depending on how you played. I have yet to experience ARMA 2 though.

The old Police Quest: SWAT game (the very first one) had sniper training and a sniper mission that were super realistic. I really want a game like that, where you don't run around like some super hero with bullets raining down on you left and right. A game that's all about pure sniping and landing the perfect shot. Maybe in an urban environment. I'd love that.

Gav47

Does Revelations have release date yet? All I can find is December. There was 3 weeks of a delay for Driver SF so hopefully AC will be out before Christmas.

Bumhead

Banned
Err, is anyone else having any really huge issues with Steam?

I've just tried to launch 3 different games on Steam and none of them are working properly.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well guess I'll have to wait till AC:R hits $20 or less on PC or 360. Kinda want the 360 version more now since I presume the multi community will be more active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom