• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guess I'll have to wait till AC:R hits $20 or less on PC or 360. Kinda want the 360 version more now since I presume the multi community will be more active.

I just think it's funny that they waited until this morning to revoke them. As of last night at 9PM everything was still there according to my "Statement of Account". It's like they suddenly realized "Oh wait! Those codes are about to be activated. We should probably do something about that..."

Bumhead

Banned
Think I've sorted my Steam issue but it's going to be a pain in the arse.

It seems to have randomly deleted some of my game files. I tried to launch Modern Warfare 3, Arkham City and Football Manager 2012, and all of them were either crashing or not loading properly. I've attempted to verify my Steam files and all 3 have had as many as 13 files missing, according to the verification process. Redownloading the files seems to be working. At least in FM12's case so far.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? There's 76 games installed on my machine at the moment. I sincerely hope this hasn't affected all of them.

Blizzard

Banned
That would be the one.

A short, mediocre game that should still appeal to fans of the the hipster, indie, crate-pushing sim genre. Also OMG ATMOSPHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O

The fan comments confirm it!
The most accurate review I have ever read.
I love this review and totally agree with it.

I imagine it's a good game in some senses, but I thought it was funny regardless.

Flunkie

Banned
Fuck, I was banking on this for Revelations. Would've bought it for $35 on Black Friday if I would've known they were going to go back on their word! :\

Aselith

Think I've sorted my Steam issue but it's going to be a pain in the arse.

It seems to have randomly deleted some of my game files. I tried to launch Modern Warfare 3, Arkham City and Football Manager 2012, and all of them were either crashing or not loading properly. I've attempted to verify my Steam files and all 3 have had as many as 13 files missing, according to the verification process. Redownloading the files seems to be working. At least in FM12's case so far.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? There's 76 games installed on my machine at the moment. I sincerely hope this hasn't affected all of them.

Might want to run a disk check on your hard drive. It's possible that it is starting to fail and that's what is causing the issue for you.

Hanzou

Why the hell are Steam download speeds so erratic. One day speeds will be blazing fast, the next day its like i'm back in 1999. For example I downloaded game last weeks at 5MB/sec, a game yesterday at 3-4MB/ec but now today its going at about 300KB/sec All from the same Steam server.

Mrbob

What kind of irked me a bit was someone in the autumn sale thread asked whether to buy that or Bulletstorm and someone else essentially pulled the "herp just another shooter derp" card when Bulletstorm is infinitely more fun to play (and also has a lot of good art itself)

Shameful recommendation indeed. While Bullet Storm is a shooter, it is one of the more unique ones. Nothing about Limbo is exceptional except the stylized look.

The fan comments confirm it!

I imagine it's a good game in some senses, but I thought it was funny regardless.

Yeah, Limbo isn't a bad game. Just average.

Eusis

I think Limbo would definitely be worth it if you got it for $5, but at $15 it was one of my biggest let downs on XBLA. For how stylistic it was it just wasn't as fun or engrossing as alternatives like Braid were.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I kinda wish more games were as short as Portal. That's about as much time as I spend playing most games in my backlog before I drop them like a flaming bag of dogshit. Now that I own too many games, I'm starting to appreciate those that don't overstay their welcome.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I think Limbo would definitely be worth it if you got it for $5, but at $15 it was one of my biggest let downs on XBLA. For how stylistic it was it just wasn't as fun or engrossing as alternatives like Braid were.
Limbo is a lot easier than Braid, which is a plus for some people.

Is Fractal any good?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm not a fan of the giant icon mode of Steam, but damn if this don't feel good:

acsex2geuy.jpg

Nightz

is it wrong I still have not played the first game? I only got about 30 minutes into it before deleting the game.

It's pretty bad. Just imagine repeating the 30 minutes you played over and over and over and over and over again the rest of the game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
is it wrong I still have not played the first game? I only got about 30 minutes into it before deleting the game.
I'm a sucker for the Crusades so just roaming about the cities in AC1 is a real treat for me. I love soaking in the atmosphere/architecture.

That said, I just recommend playing AC2/Bro for gameplay/story. Ezio is an amazing character and the activities in the game are a lot more varied and fun.

MRORANGE

It's pretty bad. Just imagine repeating the 30 minutes you played over and over and over and over and over again the rest of the game.

I'm a sucker for the Crusades so just roaming about the cities in AC1 is a real treat for me. I love soaking in the atmosphere/architecture.

That said, I just recommend playing AC2/Bro for gameplay/story. Ezio is an amazing character and the activities in the game are a lot more varied and fun.

:| but I know the later games are good, I just don't want to start mid series into a franchise, without playing them sequentially, just feels wrong :| hence why I will probably buy not other AC game until I complete the first one.

I love the settings, historical period, just can't get into it for some reason. I'll try and give it another shot when I can.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I essentially view AC2-Bro-Rev as the Ezio trilogy. I don't really give a shit about the story shell (the Desmond stuff) and if you don't enjoy it either, then it's perfectly fine to just hop in at 2.

I thought sniper ghost warrior is amazing so far. It's like a b-game, not in a way where it just breaks and doesn't work, it all works but its just... bad. The only good part is the sniping. I have a blast with the bad ai and terrible rope physics. It's fun.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I thought sniper ghost warrior is amazing so far. It's like a b-game, not in a way where it just breaks and doesn't work, it all works but its just... bad. The only good part is the sniping. I have a blast with the bad ai and terrible rope physics. It's fun.

Omg my soul mate <3 <3

chixdiggit

Finally picked up Bulletstorm at the Thanksgiving sale only to find out I can not play it because it requires a GFWL login and my account was Fifa'd. Not happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom