• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javaman

Joe Molotov said:
If you log into it today, it should have an option to select what platform you want the DLC for, then you pick your platform and it generates a DLC code.

Yeah, that's what I did, It asked for a platform but took me to this instead...

37wgg.jpg

Edit: They also sent the demo code to my E-mail.

Echoplx

Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:
And thats why you dont take RedSwirl's opinion seriously when looking for a recommendation ever again

I dunno, they're all pretty crappy. DNF makes up for it in vulgarity though.

DiscoJer

ezekial45 said:
Does Titan Quest keep crashing for anyone else? I can't play the game for more than 20 minutes without it freezing my video card.

That pretty much sums up my experience with the original game years ago, which I got for $5 on clearance at Best Buy.

Every time I see a sale for it and it's expansion (and presumably patches) I think about buying it again, but I guess nothing much has changed...

Chesskid1

Banned
Javaman said:
Yeah, that's what I did, It asked for a platform but took me to this instead...

37wgg.jpg

Edit: They also sent the demo code to my E-mail.

i think you had to sign up before a certain time period. i tried to get a code too.

Vamphuntr

MRORANGE said:
Quakecon, was like 2 month ago, which was the last big Bethesda/Zenimax sale, highly unlikely to be another untll Christmas.

Seriously Bethesda add some incentive to get Skyrim on steam *shakes fist*

Damn :( missed that one.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
graywolf323 said:
only if you registered before DNF came out

which I didn't so no free DLC for me it seems

I signed up for it before DNF came out. I went to the First Access page, but it looks like it wants me to enter my Borderlands key again. Is this the case for everyone else? I can't get on Steam until I get out of work but I want to give away my code before it's too late.

Salsa

Snuggler said:
I signed up for it before DNF came out. I went to the First Access page, but it looks like it wants me to enter my Borderlands key again. Is this the case for everyone else? I can't get on Steam until I get out of work but I want to give away my code before it's too late.

yep i had to enter my code again to access the site. Makes sense considering the only other thing they ask for is your email, there's no password.

Echoplx

Some official word on the Witcher 2 problem

Hi All,

Sorry for the confusion. There are two things happening simultaneously: the game is getting converted to our new download system, and it is also getting patched.

The new download system will help ensure that patches for games like The Witcher 2 are as small as possible in the future.

Unfortunately, the conversion process currently has the same issue as the old download system (large files that change are re-downloaded completely), so this update is not getting applied as efficiently for people who already had the game installed. We had hoped to iron out this issue before switching the game to the new system, however things didn't work out that way. The self-patching system previously used by the game was not available for this update, so we decided that if users must suffer through another large update, we would also get it converted over to the new download system so that that this would be the last time.

Taylor

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25663268&postcount=6

Salsa

Skyrim pre-order is now up on Intkeys for $30

no way of knowing if itll be region locked (meaning you'll have to use a Russian VPN and all that) as of now.

Echoplx

SalsaShark said:
Skyrim pre-order is now up on Intkeys for $30

no way of knowing if itll be region locked (meaning you'll have to use a Russian VPN and all that) as of now.

Seeing as RAGE was, it seems likely.

MNC

30 dollars hnnnnnnghhhhhhhh. NO. I will not use these intkeys things. Greenmangaming or a proper retailer or bust. (Or steam but steam am expensive)

Valygar

It's been time for me to buy Titan Quest. I 've seen a lot of it in a friend's house (he loves diablo style games), and he told me it's even more amazing with the custom mods.

It will probably sit there for a long time until I play it (if), but at 2,5 €, who can say no?

Echoplx

Steam client update

A Steam client update is now available. To apply the update, click the File menu inside of Steam and then select "Check for Steam Client Updates...". The specific changes include:

- Steamworks API updates for upcoming releases
- Screenshot Manager updates for upcoming games that provide direct screenshot support
- Fix date formatting in "last played" times for some mixed locale cases
- Allow Unicode text in secret question when set by the Steam client
- Fix for installed games in your list showing up as "uninstalled"
- Fix intermittent client lockup
- Fix games details page not always displaying screenshots for upcoming games that provide direct screenshot support
- Updates to support upcoming game releases

Lots of 'support of upcoming games..' Wonder what that could mean.

FINALLY finished up my Dragon Age Ultimate playthrough. Clocked in just under 50 hours after doing almost everything.

The expansion was very good, but it put into perspective just how awful the normal DLCs are. I didn't even do the Golem one because I didn't think any of the other ones were worth it. The Witch Hunt DLC was OK for the funny characters, but the pay off was mediocre to say the least.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Playing the demo I have decided.... no Titan Quest. I hate controlling movement with mouse.

MNC

SalsaShark said:
yep i had to enter my code again to access the site. Makes sense considering the only other thing they ask for is your email, there's no password.
i had to do no such thing. i clicked the link in my email, selected a platform and there it was

MRORANGE

PaulLFC said:
This is just one of the many reasons I hate Game. It's the same with Saints Row The Third, that's still not available on Steam. I'm purposely avoiding buying it from Game, which I'm sure is the opposite of what they intended with this stupid anti-consumer strategy.

agreed, the last game I bought from them was Crysis 2 and that was to get rid of all my rewards points which equated to £2 over 3 years. Don't think I will ever shop there again.

Rodney McKay said:
FINALLY finished up my Dragon Age Ultimate playthrough. Clocked in just under 50 hours after doing almost everything.

The expansion was very good, but it put into perspective just how awful the normal DLCs are. I didn't even do the Golem one because I didn't think any of the other ones were worth it. The Witch Hunt DLC was OK for the funny characters, but the pay off was mediocre to say the least.
Wait, you didn't get Shale?

You... missed out.

bs000

Ugh, Steam update nuked my game categories again. Okay, you win, Steam. I'm just going to have one long list of everything from now on >_>

9HG9Q.png

bs000 said:
Ugh, Steam update nuked my game categories again. Okay, you win, Steam. I'm just going to have one long list of everything from now on >_>

I know it's not the same, but you could always just show installed games?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yea I gave up on categories, just have things sorted by installed or not and have the games I'm actively playing set as favorites.

Salsa

My story with Titan Quest: played 10 hours of co-op with a friend about 2 years ago, friend bailed

:(

it was great fun

coopolon

Internet went down for awhile today while I was on my break. Offline mode still wouldn't start.

I think I'm just going to keep it in offline mode forever from now on, sucks that the in-game overlay browser won't work, but most games allow you to alt-tab. Hope they eventually change this so offline mode works like it should.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Thanks to Ink for Titan Quest Gold, had it on my wish list for a while. I picked up Metro yesterday since I passed on it last month. Not sure if this sale will hold anything else of interest for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom