• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Did impulse cancel the AC:Revelations redeems from that IGN thing a while back?

I had their system e-mail me my purchases back then and it listed AC:R alongside everything else saying "this game is not yet available" or similar in place of cd key.

Now the game should be out in Europe but it's not yet in my list and I did the same thing and in the new e-mail it's not listed at all among my purchases.

Just curious if I'm the only one or they cancelled it all.

Edit: er, I know Impulse isn't Steam but this is the thread this whole thing went down in so...

mrgone

So I bought Bully. The game runs "ok" I guess... I had to patch the exe to remove the 30fps cap and turn off all the FSAA to get a solid 60fps. That's kinda shitty considering it's mostly a PS2 game but whatever, it's running at 60 now so that's fine.

I do have a major issue with the controls however. I'm playing using a 360 pad. The game recognize it and put the right buttons on screen but the left stick controls are SUPER weird. For some reason I don't go full speed if I press forward. I run if I push the stick in any directions except up. For example, I had to run away from prefect early in the game and the only way I could do it was to run in zig-zag. If I went straight I would be super slow and get cought right away.

Anybody got that problem with the pc port?

I seem to recall the 360 port had exactly the same problem

Did impulse cancel the AC:Revelations redeems from that IGN thing a while back?

I had their system e-mail me my purchases back then and it listed AC:R alongside everything else saying "this game is not yet available" or similar in place of cd key.

Now the game should be out in Europe but it's not yet in my list and I did the same thing and in the new e-mail it's not listed at all among my purchases.

Just curious if I'm the only one or they cancelled it all.

Edit: er, I know Impulse isn't Steam but this is the thread this whole thing went down in so...
Yup, think they canceled all of the keys from the IGN prime fiasco.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I seem to recall the 360 port had exactly the same problem
Oh well, wasn't sure since BF3 still works but I guess EA couldn't bother working with them to identify the users, lol...

Got ACR on Steam anyway, just thought maybe I could give the Impulse key to someone else had it been there.

STEAM just downloaded a new Defense Grid update. It's for both a free "Community Challenge" update and a new paid DLC entitled "You Monster", which they'll be revealing more details about soon.

The free Community Challenge update includes:
- Improved Mission Selection: see all your medals at a glance.
- 34 new Challenge missions: dozens of hours of new content.
- 5 new game modes: Fully Loaded, Frozen Core, Shredder, Out of Bullets and Balanced Build.

You Monster details:
Portal's GLaDOS invades the world of Defense Grid in the first full-story expansion to the award winning game.

- 8 new maps with an all new story.
- 35 challenge missions
- Over 15 hours of new gameplay.

I've been clamoring for a sequel, but this will do for now. :)

Aselith

STEAM just downloaded a new Defense Grid update. It's for both a free "Community Challenge" update and a new paid DLC entitled "You Monster", which they'll be revealing more details about soon.

The free Community Challenge update includes:

You Monster details:

I've been clamoring for a sequel, but this will do for now. :)

That's a meaty expansion.

body-harvest-box-art.jpg

People always forget about Body Harvest.
oh yes. i have always been fascinated by that game and the pivotal role it played in gaming history. it's a shame that it ended up as barely a scribble in the margins of rockstar's neverending gta fairytale. my memories of it are so fond that i recently thought about emulating the damn thing.

Awesome! Bully is an outstanding game and at less than $4 no one should miss out. I was this close to biting at $9.99 during the Thanksgiving Sale. I'm glad I had the willpower (read: forgot to buy on the last day) to hold out.

Fake Edit:
Boo. Locked at 30FPS by default :(:(

Fake Edit #2:
Hooray. Found a patched exe that works just peachy to unlock the fps limiter.
http://bully-board.com/index.php?topic=13762.0

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I don't want to clog the thread up, but dunno where else to post these since they're from different bundles. I have some extra Steam keys from bundles courtesy of 3chopl0x. First to quote with the game you want and I'll PM. 1 game per person.

Gish
Been There Dan That pack
Nimbus
Runespell: Overture
Eufloria
Cthulhu
Breath of Death
Dungeons of Dredmor

I don't want to clog the thread up, but dunno where else to post these since they're from different bundles. I have some extra Steam keys from bundles courtesy of 3chopl0x. First to quote with the game you want and I'll PM. 1 game per person.

Gish
Been There Dan That pack
Nimbus
Eufloria
Cthulhu
Breath of Death
Dungeons of Dredmor

requested dungeons.

Exuro

Dungeons of Dredmor

Nevermind.

Nabs

Gish
Been There Dan That pack
Nimbus
Eufloria
Cthulhu
Breath of Death
Dungeons of Dredmor

Runespell

Eternia

Gish
Been There Dan That pack
Nimbus
Eufloria
Cthulhu
Breath of Death
Dungeons of Dredmor
Eufloria?

EDIT: Thanks again xelios and 3chopl0x.

Smash88

Banned

Gish
Been There Dan That pack
Nimbus
Eufloria

Cthulhu
Breath of Death
Dungeons of Dredmor

Nimbus please.

PGamer

fucking juniors

Gish
Been There Dan That pack
Nimbus
Eufloria

Cthulhu
Breath of Death
Dungeons of Dredmor
I'll take Cthulhu if it's available.

Gish
Been There Dan That pack
Nimbus
Eufloria

Cthulhu
Breath of Death
Dungeons of Dredmor

Thanks 3chop and xelios! =D May the Steam gods look upon both of you with many sales and betas!

Anyone got any tips on getting the steam versions of Oddworld Abe's Odyssey/Exodus working, Win7x64? I can boot the game, go past the intro FMV's but the second I get to the main menu/game the screen is just a static image and doesn't change no matter what buttons get pressed or if I start a new game. I found what I thought was a fix (ddhack) but it causes the game to run at an agonizingly slow 1/2 speed (and sometimes just up and hardlocks the PC).

I... I really don't agree. I hate that game. The ideas are fine, yes, but the game is nothing but frustrating to play. None of the mistakes I make feel like they're my fault. At all.

Which is kind of funny given that the same guy went on to be part of the team that made Super Meat Boy, a game approaching perfection. EVERYTHING in that game is my fault. Successes and failures.

wutwutwut

Yeah, Gish is Edmund's worst game. Thankfully he went on, matured as a game designer, and made Time Fcuk, Super Meat Boy and Binding of Isaac, all sublime experiences. (BoI is the second best game I've played this year, only slightly bested by Portal 2 and easily better than Deus Ex and Arkham City.)

So... did anyone get their "free" copy of Assassin's Creed over at Gamestop Impulse via IGN Prime?

Good God. I had a heart attack cause I thought I bumped an older thread since this is a new page with 10,000 posts

vazel

Banned
So... did anyone get their "free" copy of Assassin's Creed over at Gamestop Impulse via IGN Prime?

Good God. I had a heart attack cause I thought I bumped an older thread since this is a new page with 10,000 posts
Nope. Gamestop is telling people that inquire to contact IGN about it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

As I understand it - due to the amount of people that took advantage of the situation - GameStop revoked the games, requiring actual Prime members to request replacement codes from IGN.

Edit: Beaten.

abuC

So I bought Bully. The game runs "ok" I guess... I had to patch the exe to remove the 30fps cap and turn off all the FSAA to get a solid 60fps. That's kinda shitty considering it's mostly a PS2 game but whatever, it's running at 60 now so that's fine.

I do have a major issue with the controls however. I'm playing using a 360 pad. The game recognize it and put the right buttons on screen but the left stick controls are SUPER weird. For some reason I don't go full speed if I press forward. I run if I push the stick in any directions except up. For example, I had to run away from prefect early in the game and the only way I could do it was to run in zig-zag. If I went straight I would be super slow and get cought right away.

Anybody got that problem with the pc port?

Just tap A to run, for some reason he won't sprint if you hold A and push forward, but if you tap A he does.

benjipwns

Banned
I sent my extra key I got from one of the indie things to a friend who is just getting into Steam and he said it was one of the games he was most wanting to get.

So I guess it seems people may have different opinions and interests. I don't really get it but when I look things up on the internet it seems like this practice is expanding. I don't know how comfortable I am with it, but I'm sure it's just a temporary fad.

i wish people played brink but literally no one was playing when i logged in once about a month ago

i wouldn't recommend it, sadly, for exactly that reason

)))):

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What a shame, this weekend would be my chance to actually give Brink a second chance while it is populated, but I have a major project to do.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I may buy it just so we can be bros, bro.
I would never put that on a bro.

Stallion Free = CryingIndian.jpg
For some reason my bro wanted it so I was going to gift it to him during the last sale and I was talking to my dad while I was doing it so I went into Steam auto-pilot and just bought it for myself. I realized after I hit purchase that I had zoned out so much that I just clicked "buy for me" out of habit.

That is true shame right there.

Gish is a pretty great game and seems to be pretty universally respected.

I'm sorry, I must have gone selectively brainfucked. It looks like you just said Gish is a great game. And that can't be right.

P.S., the only reason it's "universally respected" is because it's one of those games that came out at the right time. Just as the indie scene was really blowing up. It helps that it was super physics-based, as was the trend at the time. OH MY GOD PHYSICS game of the yearrrrrrrrr. Fuck off and come back when you can make a good game. Which he did! Thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom