• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was one of the lucky ones who got Terraria during the summer sale for $2.50, before they realized that they put up the wrong price.

I ended up putting 60 hours into it over the summer, so I can definitely say that it is worth the daily deal, especially since it appears that they're adding a bunch of content. Get it.

Derrick01

Banned
Damn I only had like 4 games on the wishlist, had to go hunting for some good stuff but I managed to pull off 10. Hope I can win for once :(

Terraria's amazing though and it has my full recommendation. It's also getting a huge content patch today that's going to add a ton of stuff to the mid and end game. Don't start a world until the patch downloads whenever it does today.

Does this mean the winter sale starts in 10 days?
I need more time Gabe; just another couple of weeks and I promise I'll get the money to you.

Lothars

Terraria's amazing though and it has my full recommendation. It's also getting a huge content patch today that's going to add a ton of stuff to the mid and end game. Don't start a world until the patch downloads whenever it does today.

Have they released patch notes for that? I agree Terraria's amazing and I would love to see what's coming for it in this patch.

gdt

I think I'll bite on Terraria for 2.50....Can't say the general theme of it or Minecraft interest me too much though...

I read somewhere that Terreria has a problem with the grid view picture. Is that still the case?
I don't think there has ever been any problems with it, per se, other than that it isn't exactly an aesthethic masterpiece.

EDIT: Here it is:

a9b3584fea92daf94685fd4b1a5decbf4ec169f3.JPG

Gav47

jLXnABZbcxKef.jpg

As long as there are eye sores like ones above I will have to say no thank you to any kind of grid view. It kind of a shame that only four games (TF2 Beta is the other) have this problem, I hope Valve are a little bit more stringent with this kinda of thing when 10 foot mode is released.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Wishlist updated!

LOL, like I'm going to win.

I think last time this happened for a week or two, no one on GAF actually won :/ That's when I gave up on this. It's just one winner from millions of users every day, I guess winning the lottery is easier
but more expensive!

after looking at my library, scratch the expensive part

Damn, I just accidentally set my birthday to 2011 when it asked for my age on Steam on a different computer and now it won't let me view anything. How do I fix this?

Dizzy-4U

It seems that there's been a change of policy with the GFWL games on steam. All newer games (SSFIV, Lost Planet 2, Dead Rising 2, etc.) were all blocked in my region and I coudln't even see the store page. Now it's all there, nice.

Volcynika

It seems that there's been a change of policy with the GFWL games on steam. All newer games (SSFIV, Lost Planet 2, Dead Rising 2, etc.) were all blocked in my region and I coudln't even see the store page. Now it's all there, nice.

Was GFWL not supported in your region prior to the change, or did you know if it was/wasn't?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Can't believe Brink is already down to 5 on a sale. That's buy territory for me but I haven't had monies in 3 months.

Kweh

Wasn't sure where to ask this, but I think this is as good a place as any.

I got a Wireless Gaming Receiver today so I can use my 360 controller on my PC but I am having trouble syncing the controller to it.

The problem is, I have a 360 in the same room, so everytime I turn the controller on it turns the 360 on as well, so I am not sure if it is syncing with the PC receiver.

I am on Windows 7 64bit and when I plug the receiver in, it cannot find a driver so I manually install it.

Are there any W7 drivers for it? I have tried loading a few games like Trine, Shatter...but the controller doesnt work.

Dizzy-4U

Was GFWL not supported in your region prior to the change, or did you know if it was/wasn't?
Maybe the added my country to the supported regions recently. The last day of the autum sales, I know there was a GFWL game on sale (I think it was Fable III) but I couldn't see it.

This change has to be very recent since I can see all games now.

confused

Banned
Wasn't sure where to ask this, but I think this is as good a place as any.

I got a Wireless Gaming Receiver today so I can use my 360 controller on my PC but I am having trouble syncing the controller to it.

The problem is, I have a 360 in the same room, so everytime I turn the controller on it turns the 360 on as well, so I am not sure if it is syncing with the PC receiver.

I am on Windows 7 64bit and when I plug the receiver in, it cannot find a driver so I manually install it.

Are there any W7 drivers for it? I have tried loading a few games like Trine, Shatter...but the controller doesnt work.

The controller can only be coupled to one device at a time. Press the sync button on the controller and the receiver at any time to link them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom