• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Stallion Free said:
Enemies start doing more than just charge in a straight line?

more enemies, including ones that shoot and do other crap, different types = faster reflexes, better accuracy.

game just benefits from the mouse, not as if it was an FPS or something, but still.

Salsa

Ok what the fuck is this doing on my library:

E41Ak.png

crap, last time i had this happen it was with COH: tales of valor and it never went away, i just eventually bought it.

Anyone else having this?

markot

Banned
Kevin said:
So I got the DLC code for Steam from the First Access Club website but Steam keeps telling me that I already own the content yet it doesn't appear in the game. Am I doing something wrong?

Buying Duke Nukem!

Salsa

oh wait no.. it did disappear, because this is what i get when i click on it:

NJg6D.png

what the flying fuck is going on

The Longest Journey also disappeared.

SalsaShark said:
oh wait no.. it did disappear, because this is what i get when i click on it:

NJg6D.png

what the flying fuck is going on

The Longest Journey also disappeared.
Valve is just fucking with you now... poor, poor salsa.

Salsa

well after deleting clientregistry.bob bookworm appeared as a demo (?) and i was able to delete it.

Other stuff still persists.

The Longest Journey appears only on detail view, and when i click it i get this:

98qBZ.png

its basically confusing it for Tropico..

same with confusing Crazy Taxi with Secret of the magic Crystals for some reason

problem is that in the process Crazy Taxi and TLJ became unavailable so.. yeah

edit: ugh..

r4ePZ.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm guessing the recent Steam client update broke your custom skin.

Edit: And thus your skin is taking revenge.

JaseC

SalsaShark said:
i disabled it and shit's still going on

EA representatives have installed a Steam-centric virus on your PC in a misguided attempt to push you towards Origin.

Salsa

I also have a download "stuck" that doesnt show under "downloads".. i think its PC Gamer digital that i tried to download a bit ago.

Ugh, i really dont wanna deal with Steam Support or reinstall this whole thing..

any ideas?

Bookworm just keeps popping up every time i open Steam, even if i just erase the steamapps folder.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
WTF is happening, lol.

Anyway I just bought Titan Quest. Damnit, GAAAAAABE!!!!

I heard multiplayer is disabled. Does the fan patch fix that?

Salsa

now i have two copies of Secret of the magic crystals, no Crazy Taxi or TGJ on sight..

and its also downloading all my games again

like not in their entirety, but small files.

im guessing i'll also need to go through the whole "INSTALLING DIRECTX" crap first time i play them now

and the problem isnt fixed

fuck life

edit: i guess this is progress, i see a taxi

EqsiW.png

Card Boy

Banned
Dice said:
WTF is happening, lol.

Anyway I just bought Titan Quest. Damnit, GAAAAAABE!!!!

I heard multiplayer is disabled. Does the fan patch fix that?
Multiplayer works fine to this day. There are hundreds of players still playing i checked acouple days ago, i think more people play without the fan patch online.

SalsaShark said:
now i have two copies of Secret of the magic crystals, no Crazy Taxi or TGJ on sight..

and its also downloading all my games again.

Have you been using Origin? Steam is taking revenge for your BF3 indiscretions, it's the only logical answer. :)

Poor Salsa.

JaseC

It could be that your Steam drive is dying. I had issues with corrupt/missing game data before the bloody thing kicked the bucket entirely.

Narag

JaseC said:
It could be that your Steam drive is dying. I had issues with corrupt/missing game data before the bloody thing kicked the bucket entirely.

Maybe Salsa is dying and we're privy to her final moments. RIP.

Nabs

JaseC said:
I heard of others having similar problems after the update today. Just not on this scale.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
JaseC said:

I'm thinking he tried to delete everything and move over to Origin. But it's not so easy now that all of his games need to update.

JaseC

Narag said:
Maybe Salsa is dying and we're privy to her final moments. RIP.

If Salsa dies, does this thread die with him?

Nabs said:
I heard of others having similar problems after the update today. Just not on this scale.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. The client has been fine for me post-update.

Snuggler said:
I'm thinking he tried to delete everything and move over to Origin. But it's not so easy now that all of his games need to update.

"You can leave whenever you wish, only..."

SalsaShark said:
dude shut up!

Sweet no!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
SmokyDave said:
My categories have gone. They were there, now they aren't.

:(

It happens to the best of us. I used to have some fantastic categories, but they got nuked for some reason. You aren't a true Steam user until you've set up a bunch of categories that were reset just because.

JaseC

Snuggler said:
It happens to the best of us. I used to have some fantastic categories, but they got nuked for some reason. You aren't a true Steam user until you've set up a bunch of categories that were reset just because.

Every time somebody asks about Half-Life 3/Episode Three, God Gabe resets the categories of an account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom