• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
I have played Titan Quest: IT for 30 hours. Will installing the fanpatch stuff my current save or is it for new games?

edit: took the risk and it works.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So I bit on Duke. Played the first hour and a half or so, I guess? Took a bunch of screenshots, mostly of shots that either looked nice, looked terrible, or represented the game's humour. You can see the whole set here

Intro scene's boss on Ultra (maxed settings) 1680x1050 with FSAA on.
B93BC7D1FB417D2102C16917EACCC9145275D558

Worst textures I've seen so far in the game:
C62F5652E0AC39F1E520DE42F9361A7A2FCA4CCD

The game isn't terrible so far. Level design is linear, typical of a corridor shooter of the last years. Game isn't particularly hard or easy so far playing on Medium. Weapons have nice kick and enemies gib well, the "execution finishers" feel good. Humour is pretty stupid and the game is ugly as a whole. I've heard the level design drops off a cliff going forward, though, so I expect worse things to come.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Billychu said:
Everyone buy Titan Quest right now
But I don't like controlling movement with mouse...

Vamphuntr said:
I tried the demo but it wouldn't even boot so NO.
Find the program in steamapps folder and check properties and run it in XP compatibility mode.

Chesskid1

Banned
why is looting so weird in titan quest?

i have to hold one of several buttons to pick up loot?

besides that i've played about an hour and it's pretty fun. i thought the game was really old, but the graphics are pretty nice.

it's fun switching to bow/melee and it has a pretty small learning curve. i recommend it.

Scythian

Chesskid1 said:
why is looting so weird in titan quest?

i have to hold button to pick up loot?

besides that i've played about an hour and it's pretty fun. i thought the game was really old, but the graphics are pretty nice.

it's fun switching to bow/melee and it has a pretty small learning curve. i recommend it.

One thing I disliked about Torchlight was picking up objects from the floor just by clicking on them, because I often picked up something I didn't want by accident. I like this better, so the looting doesn't interfere with the movement.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Both suck, I want magical vacuum and infinite bag. I kill it, it auto loots!

Torchlight's is the only way, fast to click wins,

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Stallion Free said:
I recommend setting the FOV up to 90, setting it to 4 weapons (if you haven't already), and using this tool to get rid of the horrid depth of field.

Oh yes, I should have noted, FOV is 90 in those shots.

I did turn on 4 weapons, but so far the game hasn't been balanced for it. I've picked up a total of 5 weapons, but they don't really do sufficiently distinct things from one another for there to be a difference between having 2 weapons and having four. I trust this will change later, but even still, since bosses can only be injured by turrets and explosives, there'll always be ammo crates and RPGs in boss areas.

Also because it's not a super fast game I'm playing on a 360 Gamepad. It has proper button icons and the mappings are fine. Auto-aim is basically zoom-to-lock-on-nearest enemy's center of mass, so closer to something like Red Faction Armageddon than traditional bullet bending or anything like that.

PaulLFC

After they turned up in the registry the other day, Worms Crazy Golf, Worms Pinball, Worms Blast, and just 'Worms' (the original, maybe?) have turned up in the Subscriptions section (usually means they're coming out soon). There's also a beta for Sword of the Stars II.

Scythian

markot said:
All you morons buying Duke realise you are forcing them to release more and not let it die >_<?!

I think it's not really that significant, if anything, it means that more people are willing to buy more games at lower prices, mediocre as they may be, hence the super fast price drop.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
jaundicejuice said:
Gearbox making a true oldschool-styled Duke Nukem like Serious Sam wouldn't be a bad thing. Nor would a competent modern shooter either, I guess.
That's basically what Furious Four is.

wilflare

if I only had 15USD to spend, what should I buy?:

(1) Orcs Must Die
(2) Dungeon Defenders
(3) Duke Nukem Forever?
(4) Titan Quest
(5) Save and wait for a bigger release
(6) Nothing, stop gaming

Chesskid1

Banned
in titan quest, how do i tell if i should pick up an item to sell it or not? i'm making trips to the shop every 5 min (via portal) and it's lowering my enjoyment because i can't tell how much the items are worth.

this game is really awesome. 3+ hours straight. it's really addicting. i never really liked diablo but this game is really fun. i may have to go back and try it.

wilflare said:

(1) Orcs Must Die
(2) Dungeon Defenders
(3) Duke Nukem Forever?
(4) Titan Quest

(6) Nothing, stop gaming
Bolded seems like a sound fiscal plan, but recommendations might vary according to each GAFfer taste. :p

parasight

As someone who's poured in over 200 hours in TQ, I strongly suggest it to everyone - even if you're not a fan of the genre. There's a lot of content in there and it introduced a few things that Diablo 3 is using as bullet points for new features (like physics-based deaths). At $5 for the game + expansion, it's an amazing value.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Helmholtz said:
http://www.intkeys.com/ has Skyrim listed for $29. I've seen the website mentioned here before, is it trustworthy?

Absolutely, however Bethesda seem to enjoy region-locking their RU keys, so chances are you'll need to activate the game whilst using a Russian VPN. You can find a guide on doing just that at CD Keys Here.

Edit: Missed the quote.

wilflare said:

(1) Orcs Must Die
(2) Dungeon Defenders
(3) Duke Nukem Forever?
(4) Titan Quest
(6) Nothing, stop gaming

Orcs Must Die! is a definitely fun game. Enjoying it a lot, as a fan of TD games. You really should try a demo.

Card Boy

Banned
wilflare said:

(1) Orcs Must Die
(2) Dungeon Defenders
(3) Duke Nukem Forever?
(4) Titan Quest
(6) Nothing, stop gaming

Titan Quest Gold for $3.75 from Aussie Steam.

Don't buy Duke Nukem Forever, it gets my vote at the upcoming Neogaf Turd of the Year awards.

wilflare said:

(1) Orcs Must Die
(2) Dungeon Defenders
(3) Duke Nukem Forever?
(4) Titan Quest
(6) Nothing, stop gaming

This game can last you a very long time and is my personal favorite Diablo clone. Such a steal for its asking price right now.

JaseC

Yeah, the Titan Quest games are a lot of fun. Both the original and the expansion are relatively lengthy, too, if memory serves.

For those who aren't aware, some ex-Iron Lore folks formed Crate Entertainment and have been working on another Diablo-esque action-RPG named Grim Dawn for a long while now. In fact, the game even uses the Titan Quest engine.

JaseC

DNF for $10 would be recommended if:

A) It was good, and
B) The Christmas sale wasn't just over 2 months away

Salsa

alright so: gonna give d3doverrider another go to fix the input lag with in-game vsync on Orcs must die, and now i remember why i abandoned it in the first place:

when i click on it, nothing pops up.

The process is there if i look it up, but there's no actual client for the thing nowhere, nothing shows up.

edit: alright, apparently i had to:

1) manually close the process
2) start it by searching for it on the start menu

that's just weird

Salsa

markot said:
You jinxed it by mentioning it in the same sentence as Duke!

did some heavy downloading after verifying, was missing a whole chunk.. maybe cause i had the demo installed or something weird.

Anyway, still a lot of mouse lag using d3doverrider :/ is there a trick to this that im missing?

Le-mo

Some pretty good games on sale on Steam right now but I promised myself I won't buy another game until I finish the one I am currently playing (Witcher: Enhanced Edition). I feel like I am so close to beating the game so hopefully there's still some good games on sale once I finish it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
SalsaShark said:
on a game about headshots? ew
Lol the demo was piss easy, even on a pad. Enemies just come straight at you and there is no real skill needed to get headshots. I mean if you need a mouse to pull of a headshot on an enemy run straight at you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom