• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Renegade Ops got 4 new hidden achievements, so it's likely going to be part of whatever the xmas achievement contest is going to be.

i'm tempted to buy bastion but i'm kinda learning my lesson with indie games. i fear it'll be in HiB4

Buy it if you'll play it right away. Who gives a shit if you paid five dollars instead of two cents? The question is not "How much did I pay?" The question is "Did I like it?"

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
i'm tempted to buy bastion but i'm kinda learning my lesson with indie games. i fear it'll be in HiB4

Bastion is absolutely one of the best games of the year, bar none. If you have any interest in action RPGs, a good story, beautiful artstyles, or indie games, it is a no-brainer purchase at $5.

Darryl

Banned
Buy it if you'll play it right away. Who gives a shit if you paid five dollars instead of two cents? The question is not "How much did I pay?" The question is "Did I like it?"

i guess my mindset is that if i'm going to have my chance at it in the future anyways, whats the rush?

edit: woot just became a non-junior

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Bastion is published by Warner Bros. I doubt it'll be in a Humble Bundle any time soon, if ever.

Edit: Let me clarify a bit: Supergiant owns the rights to Bastion as far as I can tell, but I doubt the contract they have with WB will allow them to put the game in one of these bundles. Which means we'd have to wait for the terms of that contract to expire.

Blizzard

Banned
i guess my mindset is that if i'm going to have my chance at it in the future anyways, whats the rush?

edit: woot just became a non-junior
If you don't have a burning desire to play it in the near future, and you think it's likely that the game will be on sale for a cheaper price in the future, and you think you will be on the internet when that sale happens, then waiting makes sense.

If you don't have a burning desire to play it in the near future, and you think it's likely that the game will be on sale for a cheaper price in the future, and you think you will be on the internet when that sale happens, then waiting makes sense.

Yes. But if you want to play it now, just get it? What's the big deal? It's five bucks, you cheap motherfucker! d:

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, Bastion is amazing. I watched a review once, didn't care that much for the gameplay, but when you actually play it yourself, its so good. Also, (mild spoilers) the
playable dream scene when you get to the first shard
. Holy shit, again.

Nabs

Here are my rules to buying Indie games:

1) Buy games you want to play.​
2) Play them.​

Or:

1) Wait for a crazy sale or bundle and add games to your backlog​
2) Never play them.​

I'm never going to get to these Indie bundles. :(

Askani

Bleh. In line at MicroCenter with my wired 360 pad. I'm so weak!! :lol

And to bring it back full circle. I was just talking to my friend in Gmail chat. Mentioned that I bought my gamepad. He's currently yelling at me because he bought me one for Christmas.

Darryl

Banned
EverQuest® II Free-To-Play. Your Way.™ is now available on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/201230/

i can't find any more info on this, does it include expansions or do you buy those seperate? i can't find them on steam

Worth installing? 13+ Gigs :/

I thought it was a great MMO, leveling up low levels and PVPing on EQ2 was one of my favorite video game experiences. haven't played in years though, so i'm not sure if it's still worth it

bestami

While i was checking that everquest 2 page out, i stumbled onto the APB page. Appearantly it is f2p now. I kinda enjoyed the character creation in the beta so i might download this even though premium stuff sounds a little ridicilous;
-Up to a 90% bonus to all Contact Standing (XP) gains
-125% bonus to al APB$ (in-game currency) gains!
-20% discount in the Armas Marketplace
-50% reduced cooldown on activated abilities
-Advance access to customization suites (up to 100/50/50)

Chesskid1

Banned
shieeeeet, two f2p MMOs added in the last two days, both look like they are worth trying. steam is so good.

edit: oh god, diablo 3 beta invite as well :3

Zzoram

I'll probably get Bastion during the Winter Holiday Sale. I'm sure it'll be at least this cheap again then, and I don't have time for it now anyways due to exams.

Derrick01

Banned
Bastion is kind of reminding me why I don't bother with the majority of indie games. Put like an hour into it and it feels like I'm flying through the game, and it's very simplistic. It looks nice and the narrator aspect is kind of interesting but that's all the game has going for it so far.

Mr_Zombie

Because I already own Aquaria and Crayon Physics Deluxe and those were the only two games that interest me in the Humble Introversion Bundle, here are Steam keys for games from that bundle if anyone wants them:

* Darwinia, DEFCON, Uplink, and Multiwinia: FKNZP-CBAMN-CE8GX
* Crayon Physics Deluxe, Aquaria, and Dungeons of Dredmor: I9JL8-73YYN-BLPB9

Christmas achievements contest. Call me scrooge but, seriously? I thought the point of Christmas was to spend time with family; not Steam unlocking hats, coupons or whatever they'll do. Guess you could argue the same about Summer though...

Besides, I'll only have my netbook which is unable to run like 80% of my Steam Library.

Same here is it wrong that i'm waiting for 75% off? lol.
It is if you want to play it now as the price difference is small. But since I'm in no rush to play I can wait. Over a lot of games it should make some difference.

I know more logical reason is given but its not on mac so not in a humble bundle anyway.

But yes this shows what PWYW has done to indie gaming. Its making people turn down 67% off over a small possibility. Thats a pretty powerful market force. To me Indie games are always a gamble. Either you love them and put hours into them or you give up within an hour so I guess the bundle makes me consume more.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
i can't find any more info on this, does it include expansions or do you buy those seperate? i can't find them on steam

You get everything excluding Destiny of Velious ($20 in their marketplace) and Age of Discovery ($40 in their marketplace). Velious is not needed until level 85+. Age of Discovery just launched today and includes features, instead of new lands to explore, something new they are trying. They are releasing new content (level 90+) in Velious up through 2013, so if you own Velious you'll have access to the new content as it releases.

Ahahaha, the one game I was actually waiting for to go on sale goes on sale on the one time I can't access my Paypal. Bravo, Steam, Bastion. Bravo.

If you get a random friend request from me, I'm going through the GAF group and trying to add the people I recognize from this thread. Group is huge though so I think I might give up soon. I need more Steam friends. :/

Add me if you want: ROBOKITTYZILLA

MNC

Add: MNC117 for whoever wants a neat friend that doesn't play games at all despite owning 161 of them. :/ :D

edit; FUCKING HELL BASTION IS ONLY 3,70 EUROS THROUGH US

It's either that or a really nice paté sandwich tomorrow at college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom