• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokyDave

Snuggler said:
It happens to the best of us. I used to have some fantastic categories, but they got nuked for some reason. You aren't a true Steam user until you've set up a bunch of categories that were reset just because.
Then I shall graciously accept my baptism.

I will miss my 'Games With Fucking Horses In' category.

wilflare

thanks mate! :D got it for sweet 3.54USD (after paypal fees and all) haha
that lives 11USD hmm. guess i should i just save up.

won't have time to play till end november :/

Tomodachi

The_Player said:
Everyone, and I mean everyone, should try PC Gamer Digital, which finally gone worldwide. The first (it's zero actually, but who cares) episode is free.
Ghost download for me, I don't know if it's progressing but it won't show in the library, under tools, in downloads nor anywhere else :(

Javaman

Tomodachi said:
Ghost download for me, I don't know if it's progressing but it won't show in the library, under tools, in downloads nor anywhere else :(
Try opening the pcgamer client and clicking on the issue, then the download or whatever selection. That should kickstart it.

Tomodachi said:
Same here... I just see progress whenever I restart Steam, every time the blue bar is a little longer :lol

Also, it's sucks the first episode is not 50% off now. I'd have bought it for the TF2 hat :(

Tomodachi

Javaman said:
Try opening the pcgamer client and clicking on the issue, then the download or whatever selection. That should kickstart it.
Client is nowhere to be seen. Now when I click on download from its page it doesn't even start the download. At least the ghost download entry disappeared :/

EDIT: oh, ok, I think you might be referring to starting the exe directly from the common folder. I did it and the client starts just fine, but it still won't show on my library :(
By the way where does it show normally? With the other games or in tools?

Card Boy

Banned
Hate to say this but i have an itch for Deus Ex: Invisible War. I don't care how bad it is, Its the only one i haven't played. I love the setting of the series.

Gez said:
Hate to say this but i have an itch for Deus Ex: Invisible War. I don't care how bad it is, Its the only one i haven't played. I love the setting of the series.
Keep your expectations real low and you may enjoy it

Iztli

Is wrong that I already bought Titan Quest+Immortal a long time ago on D2D....yet I want to buy it again because its on steam :O

Blizzard

Banned
Stupacabra said:
I downloaded the PC Gamer app thing, doesn't show up on my Steam list. Hmmm.
You might have to restart Steam. It took me like 5 tries to get it to go away when I wanted to uninstall it as well.

inky

Damn stupid issues, I thought they'd be gone by now but they are not. I see Counter Strike between Alien Swarm and Alpha Protocol, and see a "Steam Client" game that asks for an install. Also, the icon on the taskbar is showing as if it was downloading something. =/

mojiimbo

UnluckyKate said:
I'm so confused by the timeline Steam is using. It's still showing Tuesday deal but it's thursday for me.
It's 10AM Valve(U.S. west coast) time whenever new daily deals expire/start.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
UnluckyKate said:
I didn't figured that it was so late.

If you think it's confusing now, just imagine if you are in a timezone that is randomly ahead by 30 minutes!

Bumhead

Banned
I hope today's daily deal is Arkham Asylum.

No particular reason why. I just need to re-play it and don't own a copy on Steam yet. Gabe, you have the power to save me the better part of £15 and stop me spending that just to suppress my intense desire for Arkham City.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can't imagine Arkham Asylum going on sale until after Arkham City appears on the Steam store. Also, if WB have any sense they'll bundle Asylum with City pre-orders - "Pre-order Arkham City and play Arkham Asylum now, for free!" or some such.

1-D_FTW

Snuggler said:
It happens to the best of us. I used to have some fantastic categories, but they got nuked for some reason. You aren't a true Steam user until you've set up a bunch of categories that were reset just because.

Which is why I just gave up and went to the installed/uninstalled method. Not as elegant as folders, but it keeps things organized in terms of what I haven't beaten/played/like and those I don't care to have listed in my library.

Bumhead

Banned
JaseC said:
I can't imagine Arkham Asylum going on sale until after Arkham City appears on the Steam store. Also, if WB have any sense they'll bundle Asylum with City pre-orders - "Pre-order Arkham City and play Arkham Asylum now, for free!" or some such.

Aye, you're right. It was very much a blind hope of saving some money rather than genuinely thinking it was going to be todays daily.

Saying that, there is SOME hope for me. Since last night when I last almost bought it it's dropped down to £10 from £15. BRILLIANT.

confused

Banned
According to the store page Red Faction 2 doesn't work on DX 10 cards.

Anybody know if it'll work on a GTX 560 ? Edit :Bought it, I'll let you all know if it works in a few minutes.

Too bad I don't have the money for Armageddon. That's a pretty nice price considering the age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom