• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stitch

Gold Member
I actually liked the Homefront SP, it was just waaayyy too short. I think it took me like 3 hours to finish it...

Dunlop

Homefront (75%). Looks like they're having some problems with the site and haven't updated it.

lol just picked it up as the EBGames daily deal for $10 (360 or PS3), which is a physical manifestation of a Steam purchase for me as I will probably never play it

Hmmm message icon is not showing up on my updated steam client. I'm guessing it's because I'm using the pixelvision skin. Anyone else have this problem with a reskinned steam?

Sysgen

Is killing floor worth buying if you're just hopping into random servers?

Yes and for the $5 try and beat most of the default maps by yourself in single player on the normal setting. Best $5 I have ever spent in gaming. Yea, it's primarily a multi player game but developing strategies to take down the hoards and especially the more nasty zombies by yourself is extremely satisfying. It's a real challenge.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hey everyone I ordered a PDP Versus. All the reviews I have seen focus on using it with fighting games, so I'm going to try it with shmups and platformers and anything else I can and let you know how it goes.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Hey Guys,
Heads up, 3chopl0x asked us just to post a warning (he's banned). Someone on steam is using his nickname and is adding his friends, claiming that they are chop.

I've asked Stumpokapow before I posted this, and he said it's ok!

Forgot the links: This is the fake imposter http://steamcommunity.com/id/-QATAR/

And this is the real one http://steamcommunity.com/id/3chopl0x/

the detail is in the ausgaf :p

Yeah the imposter added me this morning and I immediately knew something was up, expected he was probably gonna try to scam or something. Thanks for the heads up.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Oh shit, thanks for the heads up. I got the request last night, and for a moment I thought "don't I already have him?" but I clicked accept anyways. When I logged into Steam today, I got a request from some spam account.

jediyoshi

Robin/Nightwing DLC for Arkham City up.
Purchasing through xbox.com's store works in the Steam version as well, useful if you have extra allards laying around

Gwanatu T

I also posted this in the international gift thread, but I figure this might get more views than that.

Anyone want Deus Ex: Human Revolution for $25? I bought it for someone for Christmas and didn't realize they already had it! I'm fine with Paypal or even a gift exchange on Steam.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
They changed the gift giving thing.

So if I sent something, and it still shows up in inventory, but says sent. Its sent? Its in pending too, but It shows a 0 for pending trades.

Ifrit

Robin/Nightwing DLC for Arkham City up.
Purchasing through xbox.com's store works in the Steam version as well, useful if you have extra allards laying around

That one is supposed to be a good one, right? or is it just a new costume with challenges?

Hey Guys,
Heads up, 3chopl0x asked us just to post a warning (he's banned). Someone on steam is using his nickname and is adding his friends, claiming that they are chop.

I've asked Stumpokapow before I posted this, and he said it's ok!

Forgot the links: This is the fake imposter http://steamcommunity.com/id/-QATAR/

And this is the real one http://steamcommunity.com/id/3chopl0x/

the detail is in the ausgaf :p

Could this be the second wave in Australia's attack on GAF???

Baha

They changed the gift giving thing.

So if I sent something, and it still shows up in inventory, but says sent. Its sent? Its in pending too, but It shows a 0 for pending trades.

Well the notification system for gifts and invites has changed so the person receiving your gift isn't getting the usual pop up, instead the notification icon turns green. The person receiving also has the ability to decline or if they accept your gift, the ability to store it in their inventory instead of their library

*edited for clarity, misread the first time.

MNC

jimmy_memes.jpg

THE PRICES ON THESE BATMAN DLCs ARE TOO DAMN HIGH

vall03

just woke up and went to the Daily Deal Page but theres no "You are entered" message, anyone else here who didn't receive the message?

Eusis

$7? I have a feeling that's Microsoft's fault this time rather than WB's. Those seem like $5 material, but I know Microsoft wouldn't allow L4D DLC to be given for free and each of those were $7, so I'm fairly sure Microsoft mandates $7 as a minimum on some types of DLC. :/

At least it's not KEPT as a pre-order incentive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom