• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weenerz

Banned
Do they include the skins for after finishing the game, or challenges only? I don't really want to give WB money after they delayed the game for a month and then released it with DX11 being so horrible.

Eusis

Why would this work? Seriously.
Because it's GFWL and might provide keys you'd be able to use anywhere, kind of like how EA games can be registered on Origin a good chunk of the time.

But no, it won't work. Whether or not that theory will work it's moot compared to the simple fact Steam won't sell you DLC unless you own the game it's for.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Why would this work? Seriously.

I didn't realize the question was so absurd, sorry brah. Anyways, thanks to those answered. I didn't think it would work, but I just wanted to be sure. I'm not too bothered since I only paid $25 for it. I'm not sure if the DLC is on Origin yet, but they've had some good sales in the US so maybe I'll get lucky.

mrgone

jimmy_memes.jpg

THE PRICES ON THESE BATMAN DLCs ARE TOO DAMN HIGH

If Jimmy McMillan was Batman DLC I would have already bought it (and paid too damn much!)

jediyoshi

That one is supposed to be a good one, right? or is it just a new costume with challenges?

You can probably find a more definitive answer as to if anything's unique about it. I believe it's just access to Robin/Nightwing in the Riddler Challenges

Robin Gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_wCUgbae-s

Nightwing Gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtFssqteHCY

Just out of curiosity, can I buy the DLC from Steam and play it on the version I bought from Origin? Cuz the only way I'm gonna give them any money is if that shit is on sale for super cheap.

You could throw your money at Microsoft. Lesser of two evils?
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Batman-Arkham-City/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80457520fa0

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

That might be my only option since it doesn't appear to be on Origin, but hopefully it's still coming. GFWM is terrible about sales, though. I checked to see if they had any specials on Black Friday (everyone else did) and the only sale they had was Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Deluxe for $50. They're not even trying anymore.

mrgone

That might be my only option since it doesn't appear to be on Origin, but hopefully it's still coming. GFWM is terrible about sales, though. I checked to see if they had any specials on Black Friday (everyone else did) and the only sale they had was Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Deluxe for $50. They're not even trying anymore.

Not too long ago they were selling vanilla Fallout 3, on sale, for ten dollars more than the everyday cost for the GOTY version on Steam. It's pretty dreadful.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
FUUUUUUUUUU

Amazon is killing me with this 60% off SSF4:AE deal. Technically I can do $16 but I shouldn't cross the $15 border for posterity... yet it would be so perfect for my PDP controller... but I said only 75% off... but Capcom never goes that far... but I might miss nice deals on multiple cheaper games... but I don't have ANY fighters...

Dambrosi

Banned
Just in case anyone is still tempted at all by the Homefront sale, please read this important message before you click that "Buy" button. You'll thank me later, trust me. :p

Worst game released in 2011 that I rented: Homefront. The plot was grossly offensive (Best Korea invades the USA? Really? Not to mention, the player's side using white phosphorous on live troops? And we're supposed to be cheering that on? Jeezus Aitch...) and extremely insulting to the player's intelligence, the gameplay was CoD-clone-lite without even a hint of inspiration or original thought, the multiplayer was a by-the-numbers Battlefield wannabe with faux-RPG levelling that capped out at level 5 if you didn't buy an online pass (to which I say, and always will say, "Fuck. You."), only about five maps, dead community, and everyone still playing is at max stats and kills you without even looking at you...fuck this game, and necro-fuck the dead dev studio that shat it out. So glad I only rented it, you cannot understand how much.

Heed these words of wisdom, friend. Regret is a bitter poison to the soul.

Sanjay

Hey Guys,
Heads up, 3chopl0x asked us just to post a warning (he's banned). Someone on steam is using his nickname and is adding his friends, claiming that they are chop.

I've asked Stumpokapow before I posted this, and he said it's ok!

Forgot the links: This is the fake imposter http://steamcommunity.com/id/-QATAR/

And this is the real one http://steamcommunity.com/id/3chopl0x/

the detail is in the ausgaf :p

So everyone should remove the real 3chopl0x from their friends list, that way he has no friends on his friends list for the fake 3chopl0x to add!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So everyone should remove the real 3chopl0x from their friends list, that way he has no friends on his friends list for the fake 3chopl0x to add!

Wait, what if the "fake" 3chopl0x is actually the real one, and it's the impostor that has been posting in this thread...

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Homefront's multi was good while it lasted. Can't get motivated to go back after BF3 came out but I put a good 30+ hours into it.

trinest

Just in case anyone is still tempted at all by the Homefront sale, please read this important message before you click that "Buy" button. You'll thank me later, trust me. :p

Those rant points seem to be streching in my mind.

And I've always been interested in the title just never got around to picking it up.

Though I'm thinking of getting a 360 at some point, not sure if I want to wait until I get it and pick it up on it. Hmm.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I went to buy Homefront (NO NO DON'T DO IT etc etc I don't care) when my girlfriend said "You gotta stop buying games this close to Christmas". I read that as "I got you Homefront for Christmas". D'oh. I hope not.

Volcynika

I went to buy Homefront (NO NO DON'T DO IT etc etc I don't care) when my girlfriend said "You gotta stop buying games this close to Christmas". I read that as "I got you Homefront for Christmas". D'oh. I hope not.

Did you wrong her in some way for her to get you Homefront?

Dice

I checked steamprices.com neither SF4 has gone for more than 66% off... aaaarghhh dilemma...

Or it could mean stop buying video games.

So close to.

Okay. You're right.

bs000

I wouldn't know for SFIVAE and I'll have to check later for the other Capcom titles I own. I normally pick them up used for under 10$ about a year later. Heh.

Are we talking about the PC version? AE uses SSA so once a cd-key is used, it's permanently tied to that gamertag and not transferrable. Vanilla doesn't have SSA so you could get a used copy of that, but I don't know why you'd get vanilla when AE is available.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Are we talking about the PC version? AE uses SSA so once a cd-key is used, it's permanently tied to that gamertag and not transferrable. Vanilla doesn't have SSA so you could get a used copy of that, but I don't know why you'd get vanilla when AE is available.

Nevermind then. Lol.

Dice

SSF4 Arcade(DL) is $16 on amazon right now.
That is what my dilemma is about. It is likely the best price for quite some time, and even if it does go on sale on Steam later, it will most-likely never exceed 66%. Yet it is not only all I could get, but a little more than I should...

Bought Bastion and played it for a bit when it was on sale, fun game, though not a big fan of only being able to build a limited number of buildings in Bastion :/

Volcynika

I posted a Saira key a page or two back but I'm not sure if anyone used it. So if it doesn't work.....well I have nothing for you! Here it be again.

ArjanN

The multiplayer was actually pretty good while it lasted. I liked that you could save your points to buy stuff even if you died, so even if you weren't doing great you could still call in cool stuff.

Oh, and you clearly weren't supposed to cheer on the use of the white phosphorous, that was the whole point of that scene where it backfires.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Er...has anyone else gotten random gifts lately? I just today got a gift of Fallout: New Vegas from Yeef that Steam says he gave me back on November 24th, and I figured Steam just glitched and delayed it.
But then my brother just told me that apparently I gifted him a copy of The Orange Box, which I certainly did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom