• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys always make me feel better about doing stupid things.

I feel your pain...I did as well along with a few of my friends. It was a sad day

At least we didn't pay $150 for the lifetime premium account, I don't think anyone could beat that for bad decisions. I did try the F2P Hellgate (which I would have expected to be on Steam by now actually) and it wasn't really any less disappointing than the version I paid for.

IrishNinja

okay, so new steam update reminded me about a game a friend bought me last holiday season (2010) that i already had - if i decline it, does it go back to him/refunded or wha?

okay, so new steam update reminded me about a game a friend bought me last holiday season (2010) that i already had - if i decline it, does it go back to him/refunded or wha?

i think he might get a pop up. i declined DOTA 2 invite and he found i didn't accept lol. so it becomes his gift still.

jediyoshi

Doesn't refund automatically. If you decline it, he'll just have the ability to send it to someone else instead.

ezodagrom

Just noticed something interesting on the Steam registry:

s4ep1pc.jpg

Looks like Sonic 4 Episode 1 is going to have a PC version. :>

Hey guys, I have a quick question I was hoping someone could answer:

I have a STEAM account and I want to gift a game (Morrowind) to a friend. This friend does not have a STEAM account, and since I want this gift to be a surprise (Christmas), I don't want to get them to set one up yet.

So is it possible to buy the game as a gift without having the account info of who you're gifting it to? Or is there an easier way to do all this?

Caerith

I have a STEAM account and I want to gift a game (Morrowind) to a friend. This friend does not have a STEAM account, and since I want this gift to be a surprise (Christmas), I don't want to get them to set one up yet.

So is it possible to buy the game as a gift without having the account info of who you're gifting it to? Or is there an easier way to do all this?
You can send it to their email address, and it'll prompt them to create a Steam account.

Blizzard

Banned

One of the gift options is an email address. I think the email will even have a link so they can easily download Steam. *edit* Beaten by one minute!

kadotsu

Banned

When you buy a gift on Steam you keep the gift licence until you gift it to someone. That can be tomorrow or a year from now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'll likely buy it, I'm a sucker for those kinds of things. Sales of Genrations must of been pretty good (Or the port being dirt cheap)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nu-uh! They're gonna announce at the VGAs and everything!

Calling it: Portal 2 will win GoTY, a Valve employee wearing a Half-Life 3 shirt will walk to the stage and accept the award, later laughing maniacally as he exits stage left.

Then March will come and we'll then soon be knee-deep in the announcement ARG, which will culminate in a mosaic of Doug Lombardi's face - comprised of Half-Life 3 concept art.

Calling it: Portal 2 will win GoTY, a Valve employee wearing a Half-Life 3 shirt will walk to the stage and accept the award, later laughing maniacally as he exits stage left.

Then March will come and we'll then soon be knee-deep in the announcement ARG, which will culminate in a mosaic of Doug Lombardi's face - comprised of Half-Life 3 concept art.

I give a Jon Stewart Evil Laugh.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

I set up an account for my brother without his knowledge, made us friends, and loaded it up with the games I wanted him to have. Then I just gave him the account info when the proper time sprung.

You could do it that way.

JaseC

Has GamersGate ever used "Other DRM" in reference to anything other than Steam? (I'm not answering RoaringHawk's question with another; I'm genuinely curious.)

JaseC

No. I never DL'ed f2p... I swear I had 123 games since I bought that last indie gala bundle...

Brink's free weekend, maybe?

It's not on the retail key list, so unlikely to be Steamworks. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I just bought it and the key doesn't work with Steam. Just as well I already own the game. ;)

On the plus side, if somebody finds a use for GG's Limbo keys, I have one to give away.

I just bought it and the key doesn't work with Steam. Just as well I already own the game. ;)

On the plus side, if somebody finds a use for GG's Limbo keys, I have one to give away.

I did the same thing :S

Should've checked here before doing it. Oh well, game is up for grabs if anyone wants it (already played it on PS3).

Brink's free weekend, maybe?

Brink ? Oh, maybe.

Btw, if you have that Limbo key left :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom