• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah am I reading that wrong, they are removing BF3 from Origin and adding it to Steam? or is there something I am missing?

A lot of people got BF3 for free thanks to an IGN promotion due to an error they made.

They're now removing the game from people's Origin accounts (only those who got it for free).

The_Monk

It fails me at some of the games I run just fine, simply because it's not a certain card. What does it say your card isn't doing?

It just says that does not meet the Minimum requirements. Nothing else. You see a message telling which Graphic Card would be the Mininum to run the game and then it says you have "insert you graphic card here" graphic card.

masterkajo

A lot of people got BF3 for free thanks to an IGN promotion due to an error they made.

They're now removing the game from people's Origin accounts (only those who got it for free).

It's true. Can confim that my game is gone in Origins. Never installed it anyway. Don't care.

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
Michael:
I can't really delve too far into it, because their decisions are final. But it states that you received a code under questionable means and, as such, the game was disabled on your account.

I guess our free BF3 copies are gone forever :(

BioHazard

lRyHW.png

Thanks, Santa!

Card Boy

Banned
UK-GAF: Space Marine (or to give it its full title, Warhammer® 40,000®: Space Marine®) is on sale on THQ's site for £12.00 until the end of today.

I wonder if its cheap for people outside the UK? Since we dont pay VAT? It should be like 10quid for people outside the the UK in theory.

It seems i can buy it in Australia.

PaulLFC

I wonder if its cheap for people outside the UK? Since we dont pay VAT? It should be like 10quid for people outside the the UK in theory.

It seems i can buy it in Australia.
Ah, it may well be a region-free offer then! I seem to remember the THQ US store offers being restricted to the US so I assumed this was similar.

Chesskid1

Banned
Preorder The Xmas Bundle

You can now blind pre-order Indie Royale's Xmas Bundle at a recommended $5+ USD contribution, and a minimum of $3.99 USD.

The titles to be offered will include an exclusive, specially remastered adventure game compilation debut (Steam for PC, Desura for PC, DRM-free PC download), an unlikely-themed multiplayer FPS (Steam for PC), a cult puzzle action game (Steam for PC and Mac, Desura for PC, DRM-free PC and Mac download), and an overlooked sim-action title (Desura for PC, DRM-free PC download).

Those who optionally pre-order now will get game access as soon as the bundle launches, lock in their price, and receive as a bonus Rush Coil's festive chiptune album '8-Bit Christmas', as featured on Adult Swim (this bonus is also available to those who pay enough to drop the price during the bundle.)

The Xmas Bundle will launch fully early next week at $2.99 USD and up - watch our Twitter feed or Facebook page for immediate notice at launch time.

next indie royale up for preorder

http://www.indieroyale.com

any guesses for the games?

moojito

People umming and ahhing about oblivion should definitely do it. Not only do you get the game and its dlc, but you get to play nehrim as well. For like 3 quid. Do eeeeet!

ShaneB

looks funny looping like that. It should go back and fourth. Thats just my two cents though.

I agree. Would look a lot more natural.

I also bit on Oblivion finally. Glad it runs so well on my laptop. I kept trying to get into Morrowind, but I much prefer things being a bit more streamlined like this, and I figure by the time I'll have a gaming pc, Skyrim should be 5 bucks as well, lol.

It's really weird when you "recommend" a game when you review it.

I wrote the equivalent of Duke Nukem Forever gives you cancer and it's all happy that I recommended it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's really weird when you "recommend" a game when you review it.

I wrote the equivalent of Duke Nukem Forever gives you cancer and it's all happy that I recommended it.

I'm hoping Gabe will add an avoid option as an alternative to recommend, if anything it would be more useful.

OatmealMu

Tempted to get Oblivion, though I couldn't get into it when I tried playing years ago. Any mods that improve combat? I've always been fond of archery in games.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I'd almost be tempted to buy a copy of LA Noire just so I can tell everyone to avoid that garbage.

Anyone ever notice this bug in the grid view? When you highlight a game sometimes the shadow of the play and detail button stays there even when not highlighting the game with your mouse cursor.

Volcynika

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

How did they fool you? Because I just remember tons of people complaining they didn't want the games or already had them. And that doesn't sound like being 'fooled' in any sense of the word.

Card Boy

Banned
How did they fool you? Because I just remember tons of people complaining they didn't want the games or already had them. And that doesn't sound like being 'fooled' in any sense of the word.

I already had Cthulhu Saves the World/Breath of Death 7. Plus i don't like the idea of not naming the games in the bundle and being secretive about it. What if i pre-order and end up owning all the games?

So my comment still stands. I don't wanna fall for it again.

Volcynika

I already had Cthulhu Saves the World/Breath of Death 7. Plus i don't like the idea of not naming the games in the bundle and being secretive about it. What if i pre-order and end up owning all the games?

So my comment still stands. I don't wanna fall for it again.

That was entirely your fault, that's a chance you take. They didn't fool anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom