• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodfella

Angelus Errare said:
Is R.Kelly a pedophile?

Did Steve Jobs bring Apple back from the brink of death?

Is the Wu Tang clan anything to fuck with?

Is Breaking Bad an amazing TV show?

Is Gaf -> Internet -> Gaf?

Is Uncharted graphically amazing?!

But.... Wu Tang Clan ain't nothing to fuck with.

Or so I hear.

G-Fex

Angelus Errare said:
Is R.Kelly a pedophile?

Did Steve Jobs bring Apple back from the brink of death?

Is the Wu Tang clan anything to fuck with?

Is Breaking Bad an amazing TV show?

Is Gaf -> Internet -> Gaf?

Is Uncharted graphically amazing?!

I don't know what the hell any of this means.

I guess I'll get it, it's only five dollars.

I'm torn on getting Armageddon though, I hear it's boring and not good as Guerrilla

nexen

G-Fex said:
I don't know what the hell any of this means.

I guess I'll get it, it's only five dollars.

I'm torn on getting Armageddon though, I hear it's boring and not good as Guerrilla
It is absolutely not as good as RFG. Still ok though. For $12.50 I think it is worth it.

Sysgen

nexen said:
It is absolutely not as good as RFG. Still ok though. For $12.50 I think it is worth it.

Ug! No warnings in this thread about the horrible FOV? I've read that it's 45! Gonna have to play this through my Plasma with a controller. Sitting on top of my 27" monitor trying to play this is difficult.

I've looked around and someone published an FOV fix but it broke with the dlc release.

sk3tch

Sysgen said:
Ug! No warnings in this thread about the horrible FOV? I've read that it's 45! Gonna have to play this through my Plasma with a controller. Sitting on top of my 27" monitor trying to play this is difficult.

Exactly. Just came here to beg for a decent FOV fix. Looks like you have to go through flaming hoops for this one:

http://www.redfaction.com/forums/topic/14265

45 FOV? C'MON! Jesus H. Christ...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
sk3tch said:
45 FOV? C'MON! Jesus H. Christ...

maybe it's meant to create a sense of claustrophobia, which would make sense considering the game is all about running through narrow underground tunnels

Echoplx

I'm trying to look for patch notes on RFA but I can't actually find any so if there weren't any updates what broke the fix?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
It's weird, I instantly notice crap FOV's in FPS games but it's never really bothered me in 3rd person. Huh.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Zeitgeister said:
Also, I could not disagree more with Stallion on RF1, Guerilla and Armageddon.
What's the point in stating that if you aren't going to explain your opinion? I reasoned through my feelings on the RF series, are you above that?

nexen

Oooh crap.
Didn't know about RFA PC being locked at a 45 degree FOV. Well, I hope it doesn't trigger my gag reflex like Singularity did.

Sorry.

B-Dex

Why is a lower FOV bad on a PC but ok on consoles? Cause of the screen size? FOV doesn't bother me in, for example, Borderlands on PC.

InertiaXr

B-Dex said:
Why is a lower FOV bad on a PC but ok on consoles? Cause of the screen size? FOV doesn't bother me in, for example, Borderlands on PC.

Lower FOV means the console has less work to do, assets to draw, etc, which is pretty useful when working with a fixed/low power piece of hardware.

nexen

B-Dex said:

You are sitting closer to the screen on PC. For some people (me) it can trigger intense motion sickness when you are stuck with narrow FOV and sitting close.

Salsa

the only problem i have with FOV is that any time i try it higher i cant go back to any lower. Currently playing at 105 on Rage for example.

Wthermans

Banned
I really wish Darksiders would go on sale. :(

B-Dex said:
It's not ok on either. Screw enjoying a game with artificial blinders on.

LQX

Wthermans said:
I really wish Darksiders would go on sale. :(

It's not ok on either. Screw enjoying a game with artificial blinders on.
They were practically giving it away a few weeks ago.

Oreoleo

Nabs said:
I can't stand a low fov :(

I have to sit far back when playing a game with a shit fov.

Same here. It's not a coincidence that most games with really low FOV tend to be console ports that were meant to be played a few feet from the screen.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Truespeed said:
Man, the Warhammer DLC is almost as prolific as Railworks.
Yeah, I was going to wait for a Gold edition or something, but it's really out of control. I don't think it will happen.

Adnor

Banned
I was looking the new games at Steam, and I realize Steam thinks I'm from Germany... I was at Dead Rising 2: Off the Record an it appears this message:

Somebody else has this problem? Anyone knows how to fix it?
I was thinking on buying Saints Row 2, but the german version is censored and the fan patches don't work. So if I buy it, I will be buying the German version or I'm just paranoid?

Thanks in advance :D

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The FOV in RFA is pretty much the exact same as it is in Mass Effect 2. If you had an issue in Mass Effect 2, you will have an issue here. If you didn't, you won't.

Derrick01

Banned
So I wanted to get an hour of witcher 2 in before I go to bed and Steam tells me it has to convert it to that new download thing they've got. Alright no biggie I'll just wait the few minutes it takes to finish....but then it wants to redownload 8gb of the game again. Why Steam? :(

To make things worse it's downloading pretty erratic. Like I go from my normal speeds to like .1 or .2 mb faster and then slower. It doesn't stay at a number for more than a few seconds. I'd rather just stick to my normal 1.1mb speed.

sk3tch

^ thanks for the heads up...I am going to get this taken care of now versus when I actually am ready to play.

It's stupid that it doesn't let you browse the store or anything while it does the conversion. Even though it only takes a minute or two - I would have spent THOUSANDS in that time! But, instead...I'll wait for a sale.

Nabs

I'm playing Titan Quest IT, and I have this weird framerate spike whenever I die and respawn. It drops to 10fps :( Google isn't helping me here.

NBtoaster

For anyone thinking about RFG, note that it isn't the most brilliant port, performance wise. On an i5 + 570, just about any amount of destruction causes dips below 60fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom