• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

smh

I think today is the release of the Eurogamer bundle (LittleBIGbundle) that includes Frozen Synapse and Serious Sam Double D. It's probably not the best time to release a bundle, but good luck. I'll probably grab it for SSDD (probably Steamworks).

Has anyone played AC:Brotherhood and/or Revelations on PC? I just fired up AC2 for the first time on PC, and I'm shocked at how bad the textures are at a relatively close distance, you can see the better textures replacing bad ones as you walk along. This doesn't happen in the newer ones though, right?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Has anyone played AC:Brotherhood and/or Revelations on PC? I just fired up AC2 for the first time on PC, and I'm shocked at how bad the textures are at a relatively close distance, you can see the better textures replacing bad ones as you walk along. This doesn't happen in the newer ones though, right?

I didn't notice any texture LOD issues with Revelations in the ~70 hours I spent with the game.

I don't own Brotherhood on the PC (it's the one AC game I'm missing), so I can't help you there.

Nabs

^can you or anyone confirm if it is steamworks? also, is it any good? never did get around to playing a serious sam game.

We'll see when the bundle is launched. Double D is a weird action sidescroller. If you're trying to get into the series, you may want to start somewhere else. I wouldn't know, I'm not really into it.

Hmmm. Thanks to you, I just noticed Double D is not Random Encounter. I'll probably just wait for Random Encounter to go on sale.

JaseC

Alright, cheers. Did you happen to notice it with AC2 though?

Revelations is the only AssCreed game I've played on the PC; its predecessors I played on the PS3. (I would've run through AC2 and BroHood prior to Revelations had I owned them all on Steam.)

Revelations is the only AssCreed game I've played on the PC; its predecessors I played on the PS3. (I would've run through AC2 and BroHood prior to Revelations had I owned them all on Steam.)

Hmmm, yeah I've played AC1/2/Brotherhood all on Xbox but I got ac1/2 during a steam sale. It's really disappointing because the game would look spectacular otherwise. I'll def get Revelations on PC then, and I'll try to get Brotherhood if it's really cheap .

JaseC

Hmmm, yeah I've played AC1/2/Brotherhood all on Xbox but I got ac1/2 during a steam sale. It's really disappointing because the game would look spectacular otherwise. I'll def get Revelations on PC then, and I'll try to get Brotherhood if it's really cheap .

Here's hoping it's a daily during the Christmas sale. GamersGate had an AC franchise sale 2-3 weeks prior to release of Revelations, which lead me to assume there'd be one on Steam not long after; alas, that didn't happen. And, of course, the AC games weren't dailies during the Autumn sale, either.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine

I know someone posted a youtube video of the exact same thing after arguing with Stallion. I can't find it though.

Card Boy

Banned
Played AC1+2 on the Peasantstation, played Brotherhood and now Revelations on PC. Haven't really looked back, so good plus i got the 360 pad.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Played AC1+2 on the Peasantstation, played Brotherhood and now Revelations on PC. Haven't really looked back, so good plus i got the 360 pad.

Since they got rid of their crappy DRM, I'll be picking up AC:R later down the road. Will be my first one on PC.

JaseC

Since they got rid of their crappy DRM, I'll be picking up AC:R later down the road. Will be my first one on PC.

The game has its fair share of low-res shadows, and the pop-in could've been a little better, but other than that it's a fantastic port.

wrowa

What the heck is wrong with my Steam?
steamdvoee.png

Kammie

Jamestown is truly awesome, but man, that thing needs some online play. How are you supposed to get four friends crowded around a PC?

Question about the Mac client. Does anyone else find the dropdown for the games list filter (the one that shows "Installed" / "All Games" / "Mac Games" etc) super unresponsive? I have to hammer the mouse on that thing, and it only comes up like 10% of the time. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I'm on Lion.

I hate to quote myself, but this is really bothersome. Can anyone on OSX and/or Lion at least check whether or not they have this same problem?

Is the complete Portal 2 coop goodie pack worth $10? I don't play TF2 but my brother does and I was wondering how long the "sale" ($2 for individual items??) would last.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Can you guys help out my friend?

Me:
What's the problem again? KF updating, thena ll of a sudden Steam disconnected even though the connection was stable?
then when you restarted it steam, it won't connect anymore?

Friend:
Yeah
And also Steam just doesn't connect even before KF updates
Like last night
When I was connected to Steam yesterday, and wanted to play games on Steam last night, tried launching games, but nothing come out and no notifications
Then tried restarting Steam, and then this problem happen
Restart lappy, connection, stuff like that, nothing work
This morning managed to connect, though I didn't know it was connected XD
Until I checked and it happened again

He already tried deleting the clientregistryblob but it didn't work (this time Steam couldn't update). Anyone could help him? He wanted to try and play KF. He even tried disabling firewall and reconnecting, but Steam would either say could not connect to network or Steam servers are down.

PaulLFC

Does anyone have any impressions of Flatout 3: Chaos and Destruction? I liked Ultimate Carnage, but this installment seems to be developed by another dev, Team 6 Studios, and their previous track record doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Anyone know why Bugbear didn't develop this? Are they working on another project?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
My friend still needs help =/

It's somewhat drastic, but can solve most lingering problems:

1) Copy out the "steamapps" folder from the directory where Steam is installed.

2) Uninstall Steam.

3) Reinstall Steam.

4) Copy the "steamapps" folder back.

5) Start Steam.

Xanathus

Is the complete Portal 2 coop goodie pack worth $10? I don't play TF2 but my brother does and I was wondering how long the "sale" ($2 for individual items??) would last.
Errr what co-op goodie pack are you talking about? I'm not seeing anything like that for sale. Do you mean the free update that was released a few months back?
edit: oh the in-game store, I've never actually checked that out

Sanjay

It's somewhat drastic, but can solve most lingering problems:

1) Copy out the "steamapps" folder from the directory where Steam is installed.

2) Uninstall Steam.

3) Reinstall Steam.

4) Copy the "steamapps" folder back.

5) Start Steam.

If that fails it's somewhat drastic, but can solve all lingering problems:

Reinstall Windows.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If that fails it's somewhat drastic, but can solve all lingering problems:

Reinstall Windows.

That's way too complicated for your average user, Sanjay. They'll just have to buy a new computer and hope the ghost leaves with the old machine.

Fucking PC gaming, bros. Am I right?

1-D_FTW

When did they change that and why? That seems stupid to me. Evilore's house his rules though. Oh and so totally got Just Cause 2. You can't beat 2.50 for a game.

Seems like it's from the Vita Japan launch thread. Because it got created way early. Devolved into nothing of value. And wore the OT designation even though it clearly didn't deserve such a heading. Makes sense Evilore wants to keep the OT relegated to threads with focused info. This removes any gray areas (even if Steam was following the original intent).

ElRenoRaven

Seems like it's from the Vita Japan launch thread. Because it got created way early. Devolved into nothing of value. And wore the OT designation even though it clearly didn't deserve such a heading. Makes sense Evilore wants to keep the OT relegated to threads with focused info. This removes any gray areas (even if Steam was following the original intent).

Ah. See I lost any interest I had in Vita long before that thread was made so I didn't even bother to read it. If that's the case then shame on them.

MRORANGE

I don't have a link to when it happened (game sites were too busy tripping over themselves to give the highest score to whatever shit COD game had come out at the time to notice) but the community got the manual patch working with the steam version.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2115188

Also of interest, the same fellow has been doing an unofficial community patch to shore up whatever bugs were left over.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2271596

What a stupid thing Ubisoft, has done, making the community fix there own game :| it's happened before as well, since RS:Vegas had no proper widescreen support, so people had to end up making configurations for the game to work on monitors.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It seems like the client registry blob worked, because his net in his hometown province is slow as opposed to his net in the city, so the update was slower than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom