• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpbaa

NBtoaster said:
For anyone thinking about RFG, note that it isn't the most brilliant port, performance wise. On an i5 + 570, just about any amount of destruction causes dips below 60fps.

Yeah the game is rather demanding in regards to GPU. I haven't tried running it in dx9 mode yet. It's still a better port than their previous games however. Also, enabling triple buffering with D3DOverrider is a must so you don't get huge swings in framerate.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
NBtoaster said:
For anyone thinking about RFG, note that it isn't the most brilliant port, performance wise. On an i5 + 570, just about any amount of destruction causes dips below 60fps.
Make sure to force DX9 mode (-nod3d10 in the launch options, I think). Gives me a 20+ fps boost.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Nabs said:
lol.

Playing some Titan Quest in Co-op. Shit is great.

I was until I was abandoned by my co-opers. Happens every time. Won't keep me from playing though.

derFeef

Still can't buy DR2:OTR - guess that goes up tomorrow for us poor leftovers. Also - I bought a 4 pack of Dungeon Defenders for future coop fun.

wilflare

derFeef said:
Still can't buy DR2:OTR - guess that goes up tomorrow for us poor leftovers. Also - I bought a 4 pack of Dungeon Defenders for future coop fun.

my apologies about the 4pack!
have you found the 3 guys?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Done with Rage, so I figured I'd start my second Witcher 2 play through tonight. Downloading damn near the entire game instead, again. Jesus.

benjipwns

Banned
SmokyDave said:
dani_dc said:
Apparently Cities XL Regular Edition is priced at £0.99 at the UK store.
It is indeed. I have a feeling I'll still regret buying it.
It has a massive memory leak issue that they couldn't fix before the developer went out of business.

It's why 2011 and now 2012 have huge discounts for owning the previous games. (If you owned XL you could get 2011 for half off at launch and for like $7 a couple weeks after launch, and if you have 2011 you can get 2012 for $14.)

Lothars

dani_dc said:
Apparently Cities XL Regular Edition is priced at £0.99 at the UK store.
Would anyone in the UK gift it to me and ill paypal you the money? I want to get it because you get a discount for the sequels.

wilflare

derFeef said:
Not your fault :)
And nope. Have to see if friends are interested in it... but I don't think so.

lemme know when you have one slot left, i'll take it from you :)
low on funds this month so kinda tight

benjipwns

Banned
Lothars said:
Would anyone in the UK gift it to me and ill paypal you the money? I want to get it because you get a discount for the sequels.
You might want to wait a bit if you do get it from someone and the rebooted sequels aren't something you want right away, because the discount stacks with Steam Sales. So if 2011 shows up as a daily deal or gets discounted on Black Friday/Christmas you can add the 50% to whatever the sale is. (i.e. if it's 25% off, you get 75% off if you own the prior game.)

Dambrosi

Banned
benjipwns said:
You might want to wait a bit if you do get it from someone and the rebooted sequels aren't something you want right away, because the discount stacks with Steam Sales. So if 2011 shows up as a daily deal or gets discounted on Black Friday/Christmas you can add the 50% to whatever the sale is. (i.e. if it's 25% off, you get 75% off if you own the prior game.)
Impulse bought the game before I learned about the memory leak issue, but I'll be sure to wait for a sale like you suggested. I'm only out 99p, and double discounts are so tempting.

Of course, I'm never going to play it.

Unlike Binding Of Isaac, which I'm a little addicted to. When you all called it a roguelike, I thought you were all out of your minds, since it looked more like a Smash TV/Robotron-style room shmup to me. How wrong I was, and oh Lordy, how it feels so right.

EDIT: WTF, the PC Gamer app made my PC freeze, I had to hard reboot! What the hell, Future? Test your shit!

Can a mainland-Europe Gaffer gift me Red Faction Guerilla? I'll paypal ASAP. I haven't gotten any responses from the equal distribution thread so thought I'd ask here.

NBtoaster

SapientWolf said:
Make sure to force DX9 mode (-nod3d10 in the launch options, I think). Gives me a 20+ fps boost.

But then you don't get the pretty sunshafts or ambient occlusion in DX9..

rfg2011-10-1120-14-53-89w6.png

(Though I don't think it makes sense to have such intense sunshafts on mars)

Imp the Dimp said:
Why is there no Pro Evolution Soccer on Steam?

Because Konami is the dumbest company ever. Seriously, It's the only place where they don't have to compete with FIFA and they haven't managed to get the game on store.

Makes no sense, especially considering they already have a PC version.

Sysgen

Stallion Free said:
The FOV in RFA is pretty much the exact same as it is in Mass Effect 2. If you had an issue in Mass Effect 2, you will have an issue here. If you didn't, you won't.

From reading some older posts around the web the default FOV in Mass Effect 2 was 70. The Red Faction Armageddon FOV is 45 which is significantly less. I moved to my couch last night to get farther from the screen and it was still just about unbearable. AFAIC it just about destroys the game and if I had known this going in I wouldn't of bought it, not @$12.50 not @$5, wouldn't spend a dime on it.

I don't think I've played a game with such a low FOV and based on this experience, going forward, I'm going have to check on the FOV for every 1st or 3rd person game before purchasing.

Amneisac

Sysgen said:
From reading some older posts around the web the default FOV in Mass Effect 2 was 70. The Red Faction Armageddon FOV is 45 which is significantly less. I moved to my couch last night to get farther from the screen and it was still just about unbearable. AFAIC it just about destroys the game and if I had known this going in I wouldn't of bought it, not @$12.50 not @$5, wouldn't spend a dime on it.

I don't think I've played a game with such a low FOV and based on this experience, going forward, I'm going have to check on the FOV for every 1st or 3rd person game before purchasing.

It's vertical FOV, not the same number. Vertical FOV or 45 is about 65-ish horizontal style. Pretty close to 70.

http://www.rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/fovcalculator.php

sk3tch

Sysgen said:

I am considering trying to get a refund. It's only about $15 (I bought the damn DLC, too) but man...what a joke.

With Red Faction getting the boot as a franchise...I doubt there's going to be much developer help here, either...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Adnor said:
I was looking the new games at Steam, and I realize Steam thinks I'm from Germany... I was at Dead Rising 2: Off the Record an it appears this message:

Somebody else has this problem? Anyone knows how to fix it?
I was thinking on buying Saints Row 2, but the german version is censored and the fan patches don't work. So if I buy it, I will be buying the German version or I'm just paranoid?

Thanks in advance :D

I am in Canada and I see that message. I don't think that means that Steam thinks you're from Germany.

IqTQD.png

Gvaz

Banned
So if I got the code for sanctum the game from IGN but haven't redeemed it yet, do you think I'm SOL? Or wouldn't it be exclusively made per account?

Sysgen

Stallion Free said:
Aww come on man, I was gonna let them run around a little longer thinking they knew what any of these numbers meant.

What's with the condescending attitude? Didn't know there were two types of FOV. Compared both games using youtube and you're right. The fov looks the same. I believe the difference in perception for me might be that I played ME2 on a 22 inch monitor and RFA on a 27.

Rapstah

Urrh, why is Titan Quest only playable in German in Germany? What's the sense behind that? Someone actively sat down and spent time locking it out for everyone else, why?

EDIT: And it doesn't even have fucking French! The game launches in a mode where nothing has any functional text. What the hell.

titanquestdemo2011-10-zptq.png

Chinner

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
I am in Canada and I see that message. I don't think that means that Steam thinks you're from Germany.

IqTQD.png
but doesn't capcom want my money? im from britishland nad i can't order it

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Sysgen said:
What's with the condescending attitude? Didn't know there were two types of FOV. Compared both games using youtube and you're right. The fov looks the same. I believe the difference in perception for me might be that I played ME2 on a 22 inch monitor and RFA on a 27.
I have the attitude because about 10 people saw the number and then ran around like chickens with their heads cut off. I don't remember a single reaction to the ME2 FOV and I compared the two games last night.

DTKT

Anyone else missing games in the Library?

And were all the first DOW games removed from the Store? I'm also missing my ACII and Brotherhood.

What the hell is going on...

confused

Banned
Stumpokapow said:

IqTQD.png

My Steam doesn't show a price under that message, nor the option to buy. Holland here BTW.

Derrick01

Banned
GuiltybyAssociation said:
Done with Rage, so I figured I'd start my second Witcher 2 play through tonight. Downloading damn near the entire game instead, again. Jesus.

Good times isn't it?

"Oh we're moving it over so you don't have to download the whole game for each patch, just...do it one more time for us. Pretty please?" *sigh* Ok.

Gav47

I don't think Dead Rising 2: OTR is available anywhere in the EU yet. More to the point, why are so many people interested in this game. There's only a few technical and gameplay upgrades and a different story line and if your going to the Dead Rising series for storytelling your doing it wrong. The original is 10 buck cheaper now and will probably be at least 66% off at Christmas.

PaulLFC

Gav47 said:
I don't think Dead Rising 2: OTR is available anywhere in the EU yet. More to the point, why are so many people interested in this game. There's only a few technical and gameplay upgrades and a different story line and if your going to the Dead Rising series for storytelling your doing it wrong. The original is 10 buck cheaper now and will probably be at least 66% off at Christmas.
The original DR2 doesn't have sandbox mode though, right? That was the main thing I liked about the Dead Rising 1 demo.

Gav47

PaulLFC said:
The original DR2 doesn't have sandbox mode though, right?
No it does not. OK I see why people would want it, from what I played of it the constant countdown timer was kind of annoying in DR2.

Also, I think this video sold me on RFA

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Gav47 said:
Since I didn't play any Dead Rising 2 yet, i'm planning on doing exactly that: Buying Dead Rising 2 on the Xmas sale a,d probably buying Dead Rising 2 Of the Record next year, when another sale comes around.

zombieshavebrains said:
Oh jesus...don't tell me that. I think that will actually push me over the edge and be my first Football manager ever.
The Omega Man said:
time to pre-order FM12

QvuSp.png
Seems like it will be your first! There's an update for Team Fortress 2 tonight, 2 misc items, new loadout changes have been confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom