• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn...was really hoping for a Dawn of War 2 sale. Oh well I have plenty of games to play through right now, will wait for Christmas sale (hopefully)

plc268

mxgt said:
Homefront is a terrible game

Buyers remorse to the max from buying it at full price

Yep. Completely agree.

Even the MP was pretty bad. It had some good ideas, but the maps were terrible and each game was a prone sniper fest. You had nearly Battlefield sized maps with hitscan weapons... making it to where all you had to do is point the cursor at an enemies head and shoot. At least Battlefield makes it a little more difficult for the sniper by factoring in a ballistic model.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I never played the SP, but Homefront's multi is well designed, IMHO. It borrows a lot of elements from its contemporaries, but twitch action with BF style vehicles and gametypes somehow still feels fresh. They've introduced a lot of genuinely good ideas to the format that I wouldn't mind seeing in the other major FPSs coming out this year. Things like purchasing equipment and vehicles with the points you gain from teamwork, or players having a bounty placed on them as their killstreak goes up.

The biggest letdown is the graphics, but since it's UE3.0 it runs at a locked 60 on just about everything.

Guanoape

Neo Member
Snkfanatic said:
Damn...was really hoping for a Dawn of War 2 sale. Oh well I have plenty of games to play through right now, will wait for Christmas sale (hopefully)

This isn't the last day of the sale. There will be a special weekend deal as well, which will probably be the Dawn of War franchise.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
That's a hell of a deal on the TR series. Easily worth the price. Very few games fall into the puzzle/platformer genre, but TR is a shining example of that design.

jaundicejuice said:
The store page for Legend and Anniversary state that they have controller support but Underworld's store page doesn't.
All of the games have flawless 360 pad support. Button prompts are color coded to the buttons or change and there is rumble support.

jaundicejuice said:
Does Underworld end on a cliffhanger like Legend? They are rebooting the series.
No, Underworld ties Anniversary and Legend together and wraps up the story entirely. There are no loose ends.

mrfolego

Banned
Is the rock mappack good? I have been thinking of playing homefront multiplayer again but I've read that hacks are a common occurance

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Heroes V is such a crap deal (and game); should at least be the pack and 66% off for anyone to consider. VI on the other hand I still want so badly.

Think I am gonna get the Tomb Raider games this time around.

Tomodachi

I didn't even remember if I had any tomb raider on steam, had to check :D
I'm missing Underworld only, I had it on my dead 360 so I think I... need to get it on Steam.

sk3tch

Oh man...what's wrong with me. Buying DLC for Homefront even though I haven't played it in months. BUT IT'S ON SALE! I will fire it up tonight to justify it. I am sure the barren servers will make me shake my fist into the Steam cloud's general direction...

Joe Molotov

Relax.MX said:
Renegade Ops delayed again? steam say 19 october...is not tomorrow the day of release?

Still says the 14th for me, 23 until unlock.

Edit: ANNNNND now says the 19th. 5 days, 23 until unlock. :( Probably had to add in some Voritguants or something.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Snkfanatic said:
Dawn of War is the weekend deal for THQ.

Stallion Free said:
That's a hell of a deal on the TR series. Easily worth the price. Very few games fall into the puzzle/platformer genre, but TR is a shining example of that design.

All of the games have flawless 360 pad support. Button prompts are color coded to the buttons or change and there is rumble support.

No, Underworld ties Anniversary and Legend together and wraps up the story entirely. There are no loose ends.

Bought, bought and bought then. So the order to play them in is Anniversary, Legend and Underworld?

krzy123

Enjoyed Anniversary, but some of the end game stuff was a pain :|, will skip others for now due to backlog, plus it always comes on sale.

markot

Banned
zychi said:
"STEAM IS GOING TO BRING GAMING TO MACS!"

...still waiting.
Yeah, cause Valve is in charge of what other publishers and devs do >_>

You just got psychonauts anyway, thats plenty!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
jaundicejuice said:
Bought, bought and bought then. So the order to play them in is Anniversary, Legend and Underworld?
Chronologically, yes. Gameplay-wise you should prolly play Legend first (don't worry, it won't confuse the story really).

Alright, I'll replay Legend first.

Also I don't get about the Mac bitching. Valve can bring Steam to Mac but they can't force third parties to make Mac ports of games. If you're serious about gaming and insist on using a Mac you should probably be using bootcamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom