• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dawn of War has always been that game / series I want to play but there sales always seem to be $10 and higher. At least there's a free weekend.

Blizzard

Banned
&Divius said:
My steam won't start ;_;
Does offline mode work? Or does it even give anyone the option? It seems like this is the case where it would be ideal for someone to pull the network cable and try it.

confused

Banned
blackMamba1187 said:
How much are DoW Platinum and Soulstorm in Europe? $15 and $10 in US.

About 7 and 5 respectively.

Been getting this :

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Anyone else ?

Scythian

Are there any must-play or worthwile games in the Dawn of War series?
I already have Retribution, but haven't convinced myself to go and play it. What's so good about it (If anything)?

Also, Max Payne, Yay or Nay?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Scythian said:
Are there any must-play or worthwile games in the Dawn of War series?
I already have Retribution, but haven't convinced myself to go and play it. What's so good about it (If anything)?

Also, Max Payne, Yay or Nay?

Yay. Definitely yay. One of the best IPs to emerge from the last generation of hardware.

confused said:
About 7 and 5 respectively.

Been getting this :

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Anyone else ?

Hey I can't seem to find you on steam. If you get DoW:p/Soulstorm to work and are willing to gift it to me, I'd appreciate it. I can paypal before. My steamID is blackMamba1187.

Scythian

Looks like I'll be getting the Max Payne Bundle. Played the first one briefly years ago and found the controllers uncomfortable (even though I don't remember almost anything about it).

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
fmln2pt.png

1600766-ffffuuuu6wnj.jpg

Joblessness strikes again

Baha

The person with whom I was trading for Max Payne 1 with bought the bundle so now I have in essence an extra copy of Max Payne 2 that I won't be able to gift away. So here's my proposal: I'll be willing to trade this Max Payne Bundle for a copy of Max Payne 1, you save 75 cents. Quote this if you're interested and we'll do a steam trade.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well just bought RCT1 and RCT2 off gog. Now I regret not getting RCT3 when it was a daily deal and now I hope i can redeem myself and pick it up for the same price or cheaper during the winter sale.

Carm

For anyone that has dow2+cr, can you look in your game folder and see if there is a folder named dawn of war dark crusade?

I have that expansion but thats for dow1, this folder was created on the 5th of this month very strange. I haven't touched the game in awhile.

or, what is the install size.

Tomodachi

What the hell, no Max Payne in Europe? Am I missing something here?
I have them both boxed (MP2 is especially pretty) but I also want them in my sweet sweet steam library :(

Nice DOW2 Retribution multiplayer F2P weekend...too bad it won't do much to bring the player count up. Skirmish is criminally underrated...

Qatar

just bought Max Payne bundle, Downloading now.
I will be playing it for the first time as I didn't get the chance to play it before.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
LiquidMetal14 said:
Joblessness strikes again
This is how I will feel if there is a sale on Empire/Napoleon soon. Don't screw me, Gabe! You wait until I am ready!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Dice said:
This is how I will feel if there is a sale on Empire/Napoleon soon. Don't screw me, Gabe! You wait until I am ready!
I am waiting for that sweet 1.99 sale so I can afford it.

Thank you again mamba :)

So I finally got around to trying out the Civilization V demo....HOLY HELL!

Usually I HATE these kind of games but this game is incredible. Finally after years upon years a game finally gets the formula right. Will buy at the next Steam sale.

Problems are serious with Steam lately, for example there's a huge typo with the Max Payne Bundle offer, it says 3.74 U.S. Lot's of people are gonna get disappointed if they expect that bargain for real.

Damn Steam.

graywolf323

Refreshment.01 said:
Problems are serious with Steam lately, for example there's a huge typo with the Max Payne Bundle offer, it says 3.74 U.S. Lot's of people are gonna get disappointed if they expect that bargain for real.

Damn Steam.

wtf are you talking about? it is $3.74

masterkajo

WUT?? MAX PAYNE... been waiting a long while for this and now my Paypal is empty... :(
Such a great price too.

EDIT: Also... anyone know when and if Batman Arkham City will be available on steam?

EDIT2: Ha... just found out that Max Payne isn't showing up for me. No show for Europe? Y U SO CRAPPY, DAY?

graywolf323 said:
wtf are you talking about? it is $3.74
WOOOOOOSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :D

Also Witcher 4.99 at GoG no DRM, No servers downtime, no fuss. Do it know.

I hope im allow since i've seen some Green man gaming deals.

bestami

Goddamn, can't buy Max Payne. It gives me this:

"Sorry, but you're not permitted to view these materials at this time.

click here to return to the main page"

Is this a bug or some kind of region shit ? Anyone knows ? I couldn't even see rockstar stuff on my region before they opened it. Maybe restrictions are back ?

inky

My problems from last week are solved now. Steam decided to download CC:S and CS:CZ by itself (I actually had to uninstall them). It also showed a "game" called Steam Client which wanted me to download Steam within Steam.
I demand some compensation for these minor inconvencies Gabe. Also, I'm not buying CS no matter how many times they materialize in my library.

masterkajo said:
EDIT: Also... anyone know when and if Batman Arkham City will be available on steam?

Yes. Sometime in November.

3chopl0x said:
What the fuck, Refreshment. I don't even know what that 'joke' was supposed to be.

Y U WOOSH
Haha... you didn't miss much. Some us were complaining when Steam was fucked up earlier. Now today's offer is 2 tremendous games for 4 bucks. So the joke was Steam keeps dropping the ball by making typos in the front page. Blah.... :)

Tomodachi

Questo oggetto non è attualmente disponibile nella tua regione
Roughly translates to: "This item is not available in your region right now".

WHY STEAM WHY

Heading to the steam gifts thread right now >___>

Edit: that was Max Payne of course.

SalsaShark said:

I've always ALWAYS hated these types of games. I hate games with resource management.

I find them slow, confusing, and just boring. But this game does it right with fantastic accsessibilty and intuitiveness.

Salsa

Flying_Phoenix said:
I've always ALWAYS hated these types of games. I hate games with resource management.

I find them slow, confusing, and just boring. But this game does it right with fantastic accsessibilty and intuitiveness.

well its my favorite Civ, and its much more accesible for new players than the older ones, but i dont think any of the previous games got the formula "wrong" really

SalsaShark said:
well its my favorite Civ, and its much more accesible for new players than the older ones, but i dont think any of the previous games got the formula "wrong" really

I guess I'm referring to the interaction and accessibility.

I just hope that there's an RTS out there that will do the same for me one day.

jsnepo

Is Warhammer free this weekend? I got it in my games list. I checked news about it and it was never mentioned. Also, I got the Max Payne bundle. I'm going to free up disk space for it.

Civ V is an amazing game. My first with the series and it has opened up the strategy genre to me in a way that no other game has before. I've put over 200 hours in Civ V now. Beaten every map size and type, with every possible victory condition and every civ there is from the base game and dlc on every difficulty level.

It's such an engrossing experience.

Sober said:
It works, Civ V can attract new players.

See, if he played Civ IV beforehand, he would curse the damn thing to eternity ... well, minus the hexes I suppose.
I played Civ IV first, and I can't go back due the horrid combat in Civ IV. Stacking is such bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom