• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
jsnepo said:
Is Warhammer free this weekend? I got it in my games list. I checked news about it and it was never mentioned. Also, I got the Max Payne bundle. I'm going to free up disk space for it.

Big banner on the homepage, it certainly is. All DOW games 50% off too.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Phanatic8390 said:
Is Soulstorm worth the extra $5 for the DOW Platinum? I can't decide between that or just the Gold pack.
Soulstorm is not worth the extra money.

The DoW Wargear packs are just reskins if you really like a certain space marine chapter or eldar clan.

Tomodachi

The weirdest thing. Max Payne is not available in some countries, Italy being one of them. Can any of you lucky guys gift it to me? I'll pay in advance with paypal of course.

PaulLFC

Des0lar said:
The DoW Wargear packs are just reskins if you really like a certain space marine chapter or eldar clan.
Thanks, will skip those then!

Is the Last Standalone worth it if I have all 3 DoW II games, or is it just a standalone version of content already in the games?

Tomodachi

RoaringHawk said:
I can offer another Max Payne Bundle. These games should be played by everyone.
As I said before, it's not available in my country :(
But I'd rather see them gifted to somebody who never played these games. Can anyone gift it to me after I've recharged his paypal account instead?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
jediyoshi said:
Any Max Payne 2 widescreen mods anywhere? FOV edit on WSGF still a bit squishy.
No, it is literally impossible to get real widescreen for the games. Fortunately Nvidia recently fixed pillar boxing so I can enjoy the games in 4:3 without it stretching out.

Tomodachi

Stallion Free said:
No, it is literally impossible to get real widescreen for the games. Fortunately Nvidia recently fixed pillar boxing so I can enjoy the games in 4:3 without it stretching out.
Hey, I was looking for that option (for The Whispered World), can you tell me where to find it on the nvidia control panel? Been looking for it (it was "flat panel options" or something years ago, but then it disappeared).

Edit: nvm, managed to do that, thanks for the input though :)

Never played Max Payne nor any Warhammer 40k game. Sadly, I'm out for a wedding this weekend and won't be able to play Dawn of War Retribution II on my Mac :(

I was hoping the weekend deal would be Darksiders 90% off or something like that :(

derFeef

Glad I bought RF: Armageddon. Game looks nice and plays great at a smooth 60fps. Already more fun than Guerilla to me personally.

O.DOGG

Stallion Free said:

Nope, nvidia scaling still doesn't work for me.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
O.DOGG said:
Nope, nvidia scaling still doesn't work for me.
Idk man, they have a ton of options for how to configure it. Are you sure you are doing it correct? Mine looks like this:

untitled-1aokn.jpg

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Ooook I pulled the trigger on Max Paynes and the Tomb Raider games. I will play them someday. I've never played a Tomb Raider game, I think I am the odd one out.

xelios said:
Ooook I pulled the trigger on Max Paynes and the Tomb Raider games. I will play them someday. I've never played a Tomb Raider game, I think I am the odd one out.

The last one I played came free with my Monster 3D Voodoo1 card.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Snuggler said:
So you just click on "no scaling" then? I still haven't figured out how to do that.
No, you set it exactly as I have. 4:3 resolutions fill my TV vertically, but do not stretch to fill the horizontal space. No scaling won't scale it to fill the vertical height and not all 4:3 games play nice with 1440x1080.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I haven't played a Tomb Raider either. I might buy one but who knows if I'll even play it before the series goes on sale again.

Stallion Free said:
No, you set it exactly as I have. 4:3 resolutions fill my TV vertically, but do not stretch to fill the horizontal space. No scaling won't scale it to fill the vertical height and not all 4:3 games play nice with 1440x1080.

K thanks, sweety. I think I'll play some Max Payne tonight.

Nightz

xelios said:
I've never played one either.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
For those of you who want to play Max Payne 1/2 at 1440x1080 (the 4:3 equivalent of 1920x1080) and don't see the resolution listed, create a custom resolution of 1440x1080 in the video card control panel, save it (so the cards sees it as a possible resolution to display) and the new resolution will show up at the bottom of the list in the Max Payne launcher. This will look better than 1280x960 as 1440x1080 is a 1:1 pixel ratio with your screen.

Dam i want max payne but the sound issues on part 1 is worrying i don't want to jump hoops with a patch that someone made. is there any other way? does compatibility mode work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom