• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Heads up for anyone with the gotham city imposters beta, it left behind 4ish gb in it's folder. Don't recall if I removed it or not, but it's gone from the games list now so you have to manually remove it.

Stallion Free said:
No, it is literally impossible to get real widescreen for the games. Fortunately Nvidia recently fixed pillar boxing so I can enjoy the games in 4:3 without it stretching out.

:[

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
legend166 said:
So I finally want to buy a Dawn of War game.

What's the best to get that's on sale?

Retribution would be the best bet. Lots of single player content and the most active multiplayer community of the bunch.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Syphon Filter said:
Dam i want max payne but the sound issues on part 1 is worrying i don't want to jump hoops with a patch that someone made. is there any other way? does compatibility mode work?
The patch is super simple and just takes a minute. There is literally no excuse not put the 3 minutes of effort in.

Vamphuntr

Any chance we will ever get KOTOR II? I really want to try it since I love Obsidian and I enjoyed the first game and I'm wary of buying the disks somewhere only for the game to fail to run/install on Windows 7.

derFeef

Stallion Free said:
7 zip wishes it was as good as winrar.
Seriously, why would anyone use something different than winrar.

Stumpokapow said:
Who actually launches an archive program these days? Right click -> Unzip. I mean, I personally use 7zip rather than WinRAR, but how would you even notice the difference? Hahahaha.
winrar is ... I don't know, I guess I am used to it. I tried 7zip and izarc once.. but nope thanks.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Stallion Free said:
7 zip wishes it was as good as winrar.

Who actually launches an archive program these days? Right click -> Unzip. I mean, I personally use 7zip rather than WinRAR, but how would you even notice the difference? Hahahaha.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Stumpokapow said:
It's just the feelings I have when using it, put into words lol.

In my case, I had to switch to 7-Zip because I used to work in office environments with a zero-tolerance policy towards software license infringement, and the terms of WinRAR meant that we couldn't just keep using it like you can if you're a home user.

Stumpokapow said:

Also this :p

mrgone

O.DOGG said:
Nope, nvidia scaling still doesn't work for me.
I'm not sure if the NVIDIA drivers work similarly to the AMD drivers in this respect (it might be a Windows 7 thing) but you might try switching to a lower resolution before setting scaling, then setting it back to your regular resolution afterward. It's weird, but it's the only way (in my experience) to get it set on AMD cards. Worth a shot, anyways :)

Blizzard

Banned
I always use 7-zip from the command line anyway. I like 7-zip because it supports a bunch of formats, and it's open-source free software. :D

neoemonk

Vamphuntr said:
Any chance we will ever get KOTOR II? I really want to try it since I love Obsidian and I enjoyed the first game and I'm wary of buying the disks somewhere only for the game to fail to run/install on Windows 7.

I recently played it on Win 7 64-bit. It was fine, though it doesn't have widescreen and I could never get the widescreen utilities I found to work with it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
derFeef said:
Not really, but winrar is the better option.
:p
1998 called, it wants its opinions back.

EDIT: Great minds...

My post is just that post with an .r01 behind it.

Vamphuntr

neoemonk said:
I recently played it on Win 7 64-bit. It was fine, though it doesn't have widescreen and I could never get the widescreen utilities I found to work with it.

!

Thanks, I think I will really make an effort and find a disc version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom