• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
K.Jack said:
All of this talk about Paypal fees. Are you guys not sending the money with the 'Gift' boxed checked? Or am I mistaken and that doesn't work as a free transfer in all countries?
There's no "Gift" option unless you're from the US or UK.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Stallion Free said:
So I recently played through Quake and it's two mission packs. I have owned these games for an eternity, but I had never finished them. I figure since everyone owns the Id pack on Steam I'd write up my thoughts on them and how I approached them as a pro-tier PC user.

Very cool that you took the time to review this game.

But you didn't mention the music! Nine Inch Nails!

PaulLFC

drizzle said:
There's no "Gift" option unless you're from the US or UK.
Also, I don't think it gets rid of Paypal fees. The gift option is available to me in the UK but Paypal still seems to add 50 cents or so on to most transactions.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Stumpokapow said:
Very cool that you took the time to review this game.

But you didn't mention the music! Nine Inch Nails!
I uploaded all the .pk3s so everyone could enjoy it!

Also NIN only did the main game and it shows lol.

Team Fortress 2 getting free Halloween DLC next week, for those who just got TF2 when it went F2P, Valve is giving you an extra week to play the last two Halloween DLCs before the new one ships.
halloween_11.jpg

Javaman

OMG, When did this happen...

2vb09k0.jpg

L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition
Includes all previously released DLC for the console versions (including additional outfits, weapons, and cases such as “Nicholson Electroplating”, “Reefer Madness”, “Naked City”, “Slip of the Tongue”, “Consul’s Car” and more) and makes them available to players from the start.

About the Game
A dark and violent crime thriller, set against the backdrop of 1940’s Los Angeles and utilizing revolutionary new facial animation technology, L.A. Noire blends the breathtaking action of chases and shootouts with true detective work including interrogations and clue-finding, as newly-minted officer Cole Phelps embarks on a desperate search for truth in a city where everyone has something to hide.

Includes Access to All L.A. Noire Add-On Content:

5 Additional Cases ranging from Traffic to Arson
The Badge Pursuit Challenge – Find and collect badges to unlock the Button Man Detective Suit
The Broderick Detective Suit – Boosts your fist fighting capabilities and resilience to damage
The Sharpshooter Detective Suit – Sharpens your aim with rifles and pistols
The Chicago Piano – A powerful machine gun stored in the trunk of your car
New for the PC Version
NVIDIA 3D Vision
Enhanced resolutions and graphical performance
Keyboard mapping
Gamepad support

wilflare

Cargo and Alice, which? haha
trying out the Halloween Update on TF2 lol.
no chance at getting those hats for trade. -back to iOS beta testing-

Blizzard

Banned
InertiaXr said:
Why is LA Noire coming to PC but not Red Dead Redemption?
Because no one wants RDR.

Serious answer: I have no idea, presumably the publisher feels there's more money in console games. I'm pleasantly surprised to see all the DLC available for LA Noire in that bundle for under $50.

InertiaXr said:
Why is LA Noire coming to PC but not Red Dead Redemption?

Might have been an easier port, which sounds odd but GTAIV was something of a technical mess so I don't know if having the engine on PC already would have made it much easier. RDR was a huge success on consoles too, maybe they just don't feel that a port is worth the time and effort since they probably turned a neat profit already.

InertiaXr

Xplatformer said:
Because the developers don't think it's worth the port.

As someone who would buy the PC version day one, I disagree with their opinion.

I would of bought it as well at some point, no interest in LA Noire though. Such a large desire it seems for RDR on PC since it's release but I guess Rockstar/Take Two doesn't want to make any money from it.

Joe Molotov

PaulLFC said:
Also, I don't think it gets rid of Paypal fees. The gift option is available to me in the UK but Paypal still seems to add 50 cents or so on to most transactions.

If you use gift, you pay the fees instead of the person that gets the money. At least, that's how it works in the US>

Salsa

Now i just wonder if the GamersGate/elsewhere version of LA Noire will activate on Steam. Not really clear..

Joe Molotov said:
If you use gift, you pay the fees instead of the person that gets the money. At least, that's how it works in the US>

no gift option in south america, one of my biggest pet peeves with Paypal. Really annoying.

wilflare

btw!
i think Marsi mentioned this earlier :D

try www.ppalc.com :D
follow the onscreen instructions, it gives a pretty good estimate of what you have to pay to avoid fees. (just be clear whether it is a purchase payment or personal payment)

Salsa

look who's awesome:

uAZtz.png

shouldnt surprise anyone who follows this thread really. Super kind as always Wilflare.

btw cant wait to pay you back $13.5 or something cause im a total asshole am i rite

grinch-smile.jpg

Sanic

Stallion Free said:
So I recently played through Quake and it's two mission packs...

Thanks for the write-up. I need to decide what I want to play once I finish Tomb Raider, and i'm thinking I may give this a go.

Salsa

xelios said:
Wilflare is cool but it could've done without the snarky remark.

oh c'moooon, it was tongue in cheek, we're over it. It isnt there for people to take into account, im trying to laugh at the thing. Steam thread just suddenly turned into serious business and i liked it the way it was before.

wilflare

-clears the air clears the air- :D

this thread needs more screenshots of everything fun :D

-has anyone watched Real Steel starring Hugh Jackman btw? movie is finally out in my region and boy... it was awesome :D-

Stallion Free said:
So I recently played through Quake and it's two mission packs...

Whats your thoughts on the soundtrack? The original Quake's soundtrack is one of my favorites of all time. Sets the mood perfectly. Playing without it is like playing a different game.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
SteelAttack said:
Do I make you uncomfortable?
I'm nude

Always. But you keep the chat interesting.

I started playing The Void because Mr Elysia mentioned it, and the game is weird as hell. Not intuitive at all, but seems like it could be interesting. I realize I'm like 10 years late.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
opticalmace said:
GTA4 will be as cheap or cheaper in the Xmas sale.. right? I can hold out I think.

Hard to say. It goes on sale regularly, but I think we're starting to reach pretty much as cheap as it's going to get.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
DarkSoul520 said:
Whats your thoughts on the soundtrack? The original Quake's soundtrack is one of my favorites of all time. Sets the mood perfectly. Playing without it is like playing a different game.
I loved the subtle, ambient nature of it.

Truespeed

They need to address this package BS. If I'm going to buy a package that contains games I already own then I should be able to gift them. I wanted to buy the GTA collection as I didn't have Stories and San Andreas, but being unable to gift the games I already owned made it a deal breaker.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Stumpokapow said:
Hard to say. It goes on sale regularly, but I think we're starting to reach pretty much as cheap as it's going to get.
For % off, absolutely. But its regular price is still 40$. It will be 30 within a year most likely.

wilflare

Truespeed said:
They need to address this package BS. If I'm going to buy a package that contains games I already own then I should be able to gift them. I wanted to buy the GTA collection as I didn't have Stories and San Andreas, but being unable to gift the games I already owned made it a deal breaker.

agreed. it should be a standard feature to gift any duplicate copies of games to people

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Chesskid1 said:
if any has easy method to setup vice city and san andreas with controller, please post. tyvm.

Vice City shouldn't require any set up, it worked with my controller. Haven't tried San Andreas so I'm not sure if it's the same.

Is there any reason to wait to preorder Skyrim on Steam? If they offer a promotion later (free game or so) do they give it to preexisting orders?

Nelo Ice

Banned
K so for the older GTAs i dled i think the latest enb mod from here.
http://enbdev.com/download_en.htm

Any other mods I should get? For IV im waiting for the next icenhancer release and i'll get to dling the first person mod/better city textures.

Also I cant believe I may consider completing all the GTA again just cuz of mods :lol. Though I've never played the original 2 and I completed like half gay tony on 360.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Snkfanatic said:
Is there any reason to wait to preorder Skyrim on Steam? If they offer a promotion later (free game or so) do they give it to preexisting orders?
They have in the past. That said, it's usually not worth it to pre-order from Steam so early. Other deals may come up, such as on Amazon and the game is Steamworks.

inky

SalsaShark said:
look who's awesome:

http://i.imgur.com/uAZtz.png[IMG]

shouldnt surprise anyone who follows this thread really. Super kind as always Wilflare[/QUOTE]

I just felt like adding [I]wiflare[/I] to my Steam friends list for reasons unrelated to the post I just quoted ;P

Salsa

Stallion Free said:
They have in the past. That said, it's usually not worth it to pre-order from Steam so early. Other deals may come up, such as on Amazon and the game is Steamworks.

Its also up on Intkeys for $30, if you're okay with the CD key site stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom